more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thank God for that.

Started by Southfield White, January 31, 2017, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southfield White

Can't stand the transfer window.
All the names been spouted about and we sign someone no one has mentioned.

It's the same every window, when will people realise we do our business very secretly.

A lot won't be happy and will moan like usual, it's like them not getting a certain present at Christmas and sulking all day.

But apart from Smith , who was struggling to get a game, we havnt lost any of our first team , which we must look at as a positive.

Hopefully everyone can now get behind the team again and get us into the play offs.

This season was always going to be tough with what is a near complete new team.

andyk

Totally agree, there is not much wrong with this squad and we haven't lost any key players. They just need more time to learn how to turn total domination in possession into consistent victories.
This should have been the season we had after relegation, rebuilding, high quality coach, stable season,  lots of promise for next year.
The club is back on its feet after some dreadful years.

Lighthouse

We are a weaker squad at the end of January than we were at the beginning. As for first team regulars, yes we have hung onto them. But a couple of injuries and we are in real trouble. No matter how you look at it, this has been a shambles for a team pretending to push for the play offs. We will end up top half and hopefully push on next season. But with a manager who is always on the verge of losing his temper and a few players wnated by other clubs. Who is to say we will not have to start again in the Summer.

Overall it has been a very, very poor January and we now have no chance of pushing on to the playoffs especially with one oe two injury proboems that are bound to come along.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Milo

We do still have the loan window...

nose

what are you both talking about?
we needed to finish building the squad and the owner and board failed miserably
we didn't do our business secretly, we didn't do it all
whatever it takes is what the owner said. well that was plainly not true
we needed a couple of more players of quality that would help make a difference and that has not happened. i am glad you are happy to support what is patently wrong.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Milo on January 31, 2017, 11:27:19 PM
We do still have the loan window...

Actually we do not any more, it is all one window this year...

However this is never a time of good value and we have Ayite, Kabano and the two we signed, Cyriac and Petsos. We have already two players for each position and Williams had another run out for PL2 after he was recalled.  I think we just have to stop looking for last minute heroes and hail marys, this is the squad which was built mainly in the summer when the value is better.
Quark, strangeness and charm

davew

I have to disagree with the OP and 2nd poster, sorry guys!! Our squad has not been strengthened and looking at the signings of the other clubs in the top half of the table, our odds of making the play offs will probably have increased. What we have achieved the first 1/2 of the season was great and should have been better and what we achieve in the 2nd 1/2 of the season will probably only be 1/2 as good as that! Another year in the same league and at the end we will be looking for another manager and losing our best players but what I really hope for is a new owner!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MiltonBurrows

Didn't Slav say he wanted a striker, a CM and CB. He got two out of the 3
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

JoelH5

You have to remember that every team around us has strengthened. We haven't and therefore, comparatively, are weaker
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ffcwickford

I never cease to be amazed by the total amount of drivel spouted by people on this board!

We have added two new players to the first team squad, we have shifted a player who would have been out of contract at the end of the season for around £1m and lent out some players to get first action in the championship and lower leagues. They will return at the end of the season.

We have a very good winger that has returned from MK Dons through injury who is now recovered and playing and scoring regularly for the U23s and will probably be given bench time during the second half of the season.

During the game with Hull City we scored four goals - all from different players - and had shots from a number of others.

I think adding too many new faces to our squad would more than likely cause more disruption.

Our most successful team in recent years revolved around a core of 17 players (playing 85% plus of the games I think).

We have some very good youngsters coming through from the Academy and yes we all know bigger clubs will eventually come sniffing around.

We have at least 20 games to the end of the season just enjoy the ride. It has been a brilliant season so far and watching games home and away as a fan is awesome.

Supporting Fulham is in the blood and it always will be! COYW!!!! 

Andy S

What people have to remember is that certain players will have options of what club to join. They chose others. We don't want just anyone we want decent players. At this time of the season all clubs want to improve and there is not a great deal of quality out there that is available. It is far better that we have retained our best players. We can expect a good second half of the season.

Lighthouse

Quote from: ffcwickford on January 31, 2017, 11:46:55 PM
I never cease to be amazed by the total amount of drivel spouted by people on this board!

We have added two new players to the first team squad, we have shifted a player who would have been out of contract at the end of the season for around £1m and lent out some players to get first action in the championship and lower leagues. They will return at the end of the season.

We have a very good winger that has returned from MK Dons through injury who is now recovered and playing and scoring regularly for the U23s and will probably be given bench time during the second half of the season.

During the game with Hull City we scored four goals - all from different players - and had shots from a number of others.

I think adding too many new faces to our squad would more than likely cause more disruption.

Our most successful team in recent years revolved around a core of 17 players (playing 85% plus of the games I think).

We have some very good youngsters coming through from the Academy and yes we all know bigger clubs will eventually come sniffing around.

We have at least 20 games to the end of the season just enjoy the ride. It has been a brilliant season so far and watching games home and away as a fan is awesome.

Supporting Fulham is in the blood and it always will be! COYW!!!!

Other than the needless comment about drivel you make good points. All of which makes little sense when the smallest squad in the league is supposed to be pushing for a play off place. Clearly we will need an awful lot of luck not to have an injury. We also have just two forwards one of which doesn't want to be here. I don't think fans who have differing opinions are talking drivel. But I simply don't share your optimism.

JoelH5

Quote from: Andy S on January 31, 2017, 11:51:41 PM
What people have to remember is that certain players will have options of what club to join. They chose others. We don't want just anyone we want decent players. At this time of the season all clubs want to improve and there is not a great deal of quality out there that is available. It is far better that we have retained our best players. We can expect a good second half of the season.

Everyone else around us didn't seem to struggle.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

WayneKerrins

So what happens in the summer when we only have humpreys and Woodrow on the books?
Struggle through with them until end of August and then go for last minute secret deal or 3 that fall through or we go for 4th choice on loan who is unfit for September?

Our situation will be clear to all. Good luck to anyone trying to negotiate on our behalf.

Your analysis of course overlooks Slav's reaction to this month...

EastEndWhite

J

Look at who has left:

Smith - 13 appearances (7 as sub) 2 goals
Tunni - 7 appearances (4 as sub) 0 goals
LVC - 4 appearances (4 as sub) 0 goals
Humphrys - 2 appearances (2 as sub) 0 goals
Woodrow - 5 appearances (4 as sub) 0 goals

(Note these are for championship only)

Are people really saying we are weaker by letting these guys go?? For one reason or another they were clearly not trusted by SJ to do a job for us, and they were contributing next to nothing. We now have 2 extra people who hopefully can do more than all these guys combined - only time will tell on this but there we are

Of course an extra person or 2 would have been nice for cover (though as mentioned by others we do have Williams Ayite and Kebano back in the squad as well). Whilst I'm not ecstatic about this window, it is hardly the doom and gloom scenario some people are making it out to be

Lighthouse

Let's look ahead to the Summer. With players on loan, players wanted by other clubs. What sort of transfer policy will we have. Will we have to start rebuilding another squad. We are certainly light in numbers especially if the loan players we may want to buy go elsewhere.

Ridiculous situation to find ourselves in. That is before we talk about managers etc.

Lighthouse

Quote from: J on February 01, 2017, 12:13:10 AM
Look at who has left:

Are people really saying we are weaker by letting these guys go?? For one reason or another they were clearly not trusted by SJ to do a job for us, and they were contributing next to nothing. We now have 2 extra people who hopefully can do more than all these guys combined - only time will tell on this but there we are

Of course an extra person or 2 would have been nice for cover (though as mentioned by others we do have Williams Ayite and Kebano back in the squad as well). Whilst I'm not ecstatic about this window, it is hardly the doom and gloom scenario some people are making it out to be

If Martin is hurt or goes on strike who do we play. We have no forward at all at the club who plays to hold up the ball. So one injury would mean a tactic change for the whole team. Not doom and gloom but not a play off place likely either. Which is a shame.

nose

Look at who has left:

we are self evidently weaker yes

J

Quote from: nose on February 01, 2017, 12:20:04 AM
Look at who has left:

we are self evidently weaker yes

OK well if Cyriac scores 3 or more goals then I will be proved right :)