Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

But, can't really see Joka staying around.....hope I'm wrong

nose

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 31, 2017, 11:27:18 PM
But, can't really see Joka staying around.....hope I'm wrong

he is toast. he will be leaving from the same railway station with martin

Woolly Mammoth

He is probably plotting his escape route already, and who can blame him, this job is more trouble for him than it's worth. Why would he want to stay. He is an ambitious manager at an unambitious club. He is wasted here, and is not appreciated by the powers to be. He hasn't been happy for a while now.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SoCalJoe

This is Joka's 7th managerial job since 2007, he doesn't stay anywhere for long.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Twig

Quote from: SoCalJoe on February 01, 2017, 03:58:19 AM
This is Joka's 7th managerial job since 2007, he doesn't stay anywhere for long.

If you are suggesting that it was inevitable that he would leave that is nonsense.  The owner has failed to back him and that is a very public humiliation.  When he leaves in the summer it will be down to Khan and nothing to do with how many jobs he has had in the past 9 years.

bobbo

Quote from: Twig on February 01, 2017, 04:35:43 AM

If you are suggesting that it was inevitable that he would leave that is nonsense.  The owner has failed to back him and that is a very public humiliation.  When he leaves in the summer it will be down to Khan and nothing to do with how many jobs he has had in the past 9 years.
i think exactly the same . On the money your reply
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SoCalJoe

Not suggesting Twig, just making an observation that he doesn't stay anywhere for long. Whether the reasons are ambition (moving up from smaller leagues) or not getting the support he deems necessary to do the job to his high standards.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

love4ffc

As with all big business organizations, or military for that matter, the little guys (that's us) never really now what is going on behind the scenes.  We hope Joka is happy enough with his situation to stick it out with us, but we don't really know.  We hope that Khan and company are giving him all the support that he needs, but we don't really know.  We hope that there was a plan in place for this transfer market, but we don't really know. 

All we can do is speculate and hope for the best. 

I for one am hopeful that Joka is content with where he is and what is going on with the club.  Obviously looking in from the outside makes one wonder if Joka will bolt and go elsewhere.  However, I don't think we can just assume that to be true.  Perhaps there is a master plan, that Joka is aware of it.  It may not be going exactly as Joka wants due to Khan trying to ensure we don't break the bank and end up a broken bankrupt on a downward spiral to league.....but still a master plan that we get us eventually promoted. 

At least that is what I am hoping for rather then a fly by the seat of your arse as see where the chip fall.....

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

terryr

For gods sake... this thread is complete rubbish
He hasn't indicated he is going anywhere.
We seem to revel in conjuring up doomsday scenerios because we can't adjust to the fact that we are 6 points off the playoffs with a game in hand and a run of winnable games in front of us.

toshes mate

Thank you for defending SJ in the correct manner.  The guy deserves a lot better than the Fulham Board wherever he chooses to further his career.

bog

I cant either. What a farce.  090.gif

092.gif

David I

Exactly!!
Just when weve started recovering from mad magath!!

filham

The club were patient with Jocanovic last season when results were not too good in spite of three loan signings in the winter window. This summer a record fourteen new signings were made and we have just bought in a couple of new players from overseas.
I cannot think of a period when a manager has been responsible for so much change. . Unless Jocanovic can get a job in the Premiership or at Villa or Newcastle he is not going to do any better.

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on February 01, 2017, 11:58:48 AM
The club were patient with Jocanovic last season when results were not too good in spite of three loan signings in the winter window. This summer a record fourteen new signings were made and we have just bought in a couple of new players from overseas.
I cannot think of a period when a manager has been responsible for so much change. . Unless Jocanovic can get a job in the Premiership or at Villa or Newcastle he is not going to do any better.
Jokanovic is sought after and he is not going to stay where he is not welcome.  Too much success for Fulham after so many years of failure.

bog

I see what you are saying but neither does Roy Hodgson.

092.gif

Arthur

I think Jokanovic will still be our manager next season whichever league we are in.

From the point of view of his own career, he will know that underachievement is guaranteed if he never stays anywhere longer than 18 months-or-so. Indeed, he made a statement last year in which he said he would like to think that he'd manage here for many years to come.

Despite the frustration that I guess he must be feeling at this moment in time, he will also know that he has the nucleus of a side that can go on to win promotion next season. And it would seem, from the number of clubs he has managed, we can't be the only one who has shortcomings; he will know that the grass isn't always greener.

Good as he is, his record is unlikely to draw an offer from a top club in one of Europe's 'big four' leagues - in which case, I think he would turn down any move to a middle/lower placed club (such as Malaga) for one more season, at least, in order to try to make it to the P.L. with us.