watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Squad is very thin

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, January 31, 2017, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

We've missed a trick this window to really push on for play-offs. And yes we may still get them but I'd be worried if we get a big injury to a key player as we don't have any depth in this squad.

Keepers:
Button, Bettinelli, Joronen

Defenders:
Fredericks, Odoi
Kalas (on loan), Ream, Madl, Sigurdsson
Malone, Sessegnon

Midfielders:
Aluko, Ayite, Piazon (on loan), Kebano
McDonald, Parker, Johansen, Perstos
Cairney

Strikers:
Martin (on loan), Cyriac (on loan)

What do we do if we lose a striker to injury or a key midfielder? We only have 22 first team players and 4 are loans! We need quality to come off the bench too. All our rivals have pretty much strengthened and show ambition, not sure we have and for that I'm very disappointed with the board and wouldn't blame Slav if he walks.

AlexW132

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on January 31, 2017, 11:48:44 PM
We've missed a trick this window to really push on for play-offs. And yes we may still get them but I'd be worried if we get a big injury to a key player as we don't have any depth in this squad.

Keepers:
Button, Bettinelli, Joronen

Defenders:
Fredericks, Odoi
Kalas (on loan), Ream, Madl, Sigurdsson
Malone, Sessegnon

Midfielders:
Aluko, Ayite, Piazon (on loan), Kebano
McDonald, Parker, Johansen, Perstos
Cairney

Strikers:
Martin (on loan), Cyriac (on loan)

What do we do if we lose a striker to injury or a key midfielder? We only have 22 first team players and 4 are loans! We need quality to come off the bench too. All our rivals have pretty much strengthened and show ambition, not sure we have and for that I'm very disappointed with the board and wouldn't blame Slav if he walks.
You forgot Petsos

J

https://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/player-profiles

Ayite Piazon Aluko are all listed as forwards, so clearly they are the plan C if it comes to it - but if we are only playing 1 up front its not too much drama

And we do have a number of youth players who have looked decent who could also come into midfield if necessary

Lighthouse

Quote from: J on February 01, 2017, 12:18:26 AM
https://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/player-profiles

Ayite Piazon Aluko are all listed as forwards, so clearly they are the plan C if it comes to it - but if we are only playing 1 up front its not too much drama

And we do have a number of youth players who have looked decent who could also come into midfield if necessary

Ayite and Piazon are not centre forwards. Aluko is not a centre forward who can hold up play. We have already seen it with Martin going on strike. The team had to change tactics because of one player and we didn't do very well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EN1 FFC

You could add Adeniran, Edun, de la Torre & Williams to that list as they might be given a chance once we are no longer in contention for the top 6.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes we could make an average Division One team out of what's left after the better players either get snatched by bigger clubs or jump ship after Jok joins a more ambitious club.
It appears that Khan is happy to tread water assuming he even gives Fulham a thought. But when you stand still you get overtaken, and that is my major cause for concern. Apart from a number of other issues that are wrong for our club.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.