News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who can come up with the best apologia for Khan this time round?

Started by WayneKerrins, January 31, 2017, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: dhowells21 on February 01, 2017, 03:08:01 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on February 01, 2017, 03:04:45 PM
Quote from: snarks on February 01, 2017, 02:41:23 PM
I think the best apology for Mr Khan is that he's the money, he's not the CEO. It's the CEO's job to get the transfers done and SK's duty to pay for them. Now I realise that's not all because Kline has to approve the purchase too, so can we blame SK for not financing it, SJ and Kline for not agreeing on targets early enough and the CEO for not getting the transfers done.....blame - there's plenty to share around. Clearly If SJ has not got what he wanted someone/some people are at fault but it can't all be on one person.

I agree but when the players don't play well, who loses their job? The manager.

Who is ultimately the boards manager and therefore the person who should be held accountable for continued failures? Khan

So, by that logic if the players don't play well, then we should blame Khan right ?

Logic says yes every fans experience says no. Kit got more out of the team than TMG at Fulham. Rowett clearly got more out of Birmingham than Zola. Warnock more from Rotherham than Redfern or Evans. The list is pretty endless.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dhowells21 on February 01, 2017, 03:08:01 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on February 01, 2017, 03:04:45 PM
Quote from: snarks on February 01, 2017, 02:41:23 PM
I think the best apology for Mr Khan is that he's the money, he's not the CEO. It's the CEO's job to get the transfers done and SK's duty to pay for them. Now I realise that's not all because Kline has to approve the purchase too, so can we blame SK for not financing it, SJ and Kline for not agreeing on targets early enough and the CEO for not getting the transfers done.....blame - there's plenty to share around. Clearly If SJ has not got what he wanted someone/some people are at fault but it can't all be on one person.

I agree but when the players don't play well, who loses their job? The manager.

Who is ultimately the boards manager and therefore the person who should be held accountable for continued failures? Khan

So, by that logic if the players don't play well, then we should blame Khan right ?

Yes yes and Thrice yes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on February 01, 2017, 10:48:36 AM
Quote from: Luka on February 01, 2017, 10:46:07 AM
Khan chucked a bid of 8.6m at the Spanish for Enrich. He was happy to spend again for Kamara and apparently we offered reasonable money for Cisse.
So the guy was trying to spend some money !!

All the above would have been decent signings but the "transfer team" couldn't close the deals.
Khan senior picks the management team and is ultimately responsible, but individual blame lies elsewhere with these failed transfers.
Until we get a team that can get deals over the line, nothing will change.
This is where he falls down and its not his lack of willing to spend that is the problem.

They left it far too late and that begs the question about strategy and tactics.  An unfit Boardroom shouldn't be given a game.
Did they leave it too late, it may have been the other club stalling. Who really knows?, well according to a lot of posts on here loads of people know exactly what's going on.
This is not defending or accusing anyone, but i am just so fed up with it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Peabody

That Alfie, is logic.

I am also disappointed with our Window but why are so many of you just re-acting to speculation. I concede that you might be right but equally, you could also be wrong and surely you should just make sure of your facts before going public?

Just to add, just because we haven't done this or we haven't done that. does not make you right. That is unless you have cast iron evidence.

WayneKerrins

Gents the positive recent posts really ignore post relegation history.

Khan has allowed most of sale proceeds and loan fees to be reinvested but he hasn't put in a bean into the transfer kitty. We have a positive net spend (see Swiss rambler blog on Brighton near the end) and hardly any debt.

With the Riverside slow let down and oft repeated and credible info shared by 2 long term tiff posters  that he has no appetite to invest more post relegation I can't share your optimistic analysis of the window just passed.

If his minions are so inept why keep them on? He empowers people and holds them accountable after all.