News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who can come up with the best apologia for Khan this time round?

Started by WayneKerrins, January 31, 2017, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneKerrins

Only efforts I've seen so far are:
1. blaming the minions for not executing the transfers correctly. The same minions who he empowers and holds accountable and are still in a job?

Marks out of 10 = 2. Credible that Ally could cock stuff up he has previous but not to this level.

2. We'll he spent money on MP.

Marks our of 10 = 0. Capital improvements on a capital asset on a facility that produces talent that we invariably sell off. Sensible business spend that would probably be recouped on an exit. Nothing to do with ambition to go up.

3. He's been badly advised

I threw up in my mouth on this one..

Anything better out there?

Ordar

He's too busy helping with the recruiting of his other failing sports team's backroom staff after sacking half of them after yet another losing season, and just forgot about the transfer deadline

Penfold

What A nice subject for my first proper post!

Unfortunately, I feel he has little interest in FFC.

The club appeared to have turned a corner but it was clear that the squad needed strengthening and, in my opinion, it is now weaker than it was at the beginning of this month.

Not expecting Joka to hang around much longer.

Sgt Fulham

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't believe Shahid Khan has any interest in us.

WayneKerrins

Don't
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 01, 2017, 12:07:20 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't believe Shahid Khan has any interest in us.

I m
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 01, 2017, 12:07:20 AM

Neither do I sarge

Nero

After 4 months preparation for this window knowing the manager wanted a CB, MF and a CF we are delighted to secure our top targets on loan until the end of the season. We were delighted to secure one our main target from last summer on loan on the last day of the window a lot of work went into making this happen. Come next summer we hope to get the CB we were looking for on the last day of the window, we are watching the videos and inputting the  data to see if he is good enough as you can understand compiling this information from scratch as we know nothing about kickball takes time and we can't trust the word of the manager who has turned relegation fodder into a top 10 side in these matters even if we did wait 6 months to appoint him, had to make sure the stats were right on him to.  COYJ oops I means COYW

Madman Maddle

Mr Khan has turned the Jacksonville Jaguars from a perennial losing franchise with the odd winning season into the NFL's biggest laughing stock. Always felt he wanted to win but was ill-advised by wrong pundits, both in the NFL and with Fulham. However, this embarrassing January transfer window has made it apparently clear that he lacks any semblance of competitive desire. Once Slaviša jumps ship, our best players will opt for greener pastures, forcing the club to sell them well below market value. Where can I already purchase my tickets for Plymouth in 2018/19? The club for sure will be happy to sell some seats in advance!

In other news, "Zoro" Cyriac will outscore Chris "The Ram" Martin by a mile and we will finish top 12, since Slaviša is a true gentleman and won't jump ship until after the season is over.

EN1 FFC

Khan Excuses 1..2..3..
It wasn't sunny enough most of players we wanted came from obscure Mediterranean countries and found it too cold.

Kleins computer crashed and Tony couldn't find the FIFA2017 game data on how much they were worth so we didn't want to risk it.

Most of the players we had lined up wanted 4 year contracts but with Brexit happening in 2 years they were scared they would get deported.

Ali Mac was too busy building with his new Lego model of the Riverside stand that he forgot there was a transfer deadline.

Woolly Mammoth

Nobody can defend the indefensible and come away with their integrity intact.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Snibbo

I still have hope for this season, with Cyriac banging in the goals and the rejuvenated Ream building a new Thames Barrier alongside Kalas, Bettinelli proving he is top class, MacDonald controlling the area in front of the back four, Ayite and Aluko ripping up and down the wings, Sess making brilliant sub appearances, etc.etc.

But I fear my hope will all go for a Burton on Wednesday night.

love4ffc

Apologies, but Khan and I have been extremely busy on the lecturing circuit giving advise on how to manage professional sports franchises.  It has been a very successful tour that I highly recommend to all. 

We have been so busy with our lecturing tour that we forgot all about this transfer window.  I know that Mr. Kline and Joka have tried to contact me several times, but I figured that Ali Mack had everything under control. 

Oh well, on the bright side there is the next transfer window.....
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AlexW132

Why did we leave trying to buy Enrich too late? He had a fixed release clause in his contract that could have been activated at any time, but we decide to do it with hours to spare, and then Eibar say bugger off. Then we waste our time pissing about with incompetent French clubs who don't know what a fax machine is and as a result we're left with egg on our faces

ffc73

As I understand it Joka can only field 11 men at a time and he has: -

Button & Betts
Fred & Odoi
Malone & Sess
Kalas & Sig
Ream & Madl
MaDonald & Petsos
Johansen & Parker
Aluko & Piazon
Ayite & Kebano
Cairney & one of the young guys, you know Williams, Adeniran, Edun or Del la Torre
Martin & Cyraic

None of the following guys were getting game time.  Joka is not using them as he does not see them as part of the exciting, dynamic and attractive football we are playing right now so I got them off the roster and did not see the need to replace them as Joka has the 25 players (above) he is happy to pick: -

Norman & Rodak
Grimmer
Kavanagh
Burgess
Stearman
LVC
Tunnicliffe
Jozabed
Cole
Woodrow
Smith

LVC and Burgess might come back along with Humphry, Shackleford and Adebayo.  These youngsters will be better for the experience of playing first team football at other clubs and we will take a look at them and others in the summer.  The rest are either gone for good now or will go in the summer

COYW

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Snibbo on February 01, 2017, 04:07:31 AM
But I fear my hope will all go for a Burton on Wednesday night.
'A Burton'     I see what you did there  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

nose

Quote from: FFC73 on February 01, 2017, 08:05:43 AM

Button & Betts
Fred & Odoi
Malone & Sess
Kalas & Sig
Ream & Madl
MaDonald & Petsos
Johansen & Parker
Aluko & Piazon
Ayite & Kebano
Cairney & one of the young guys, you know Williams, Adeniran, Edun or Del la Torre
Martin & Cyraic

None of the following guys were getting game time.  Joka is not using them as he does not see them as part of the exciting, dynamic and attractive football we are playing right now so I got them off the roster and did not see the need to replace them as Joka has the 25 players (above) he is happy to pick: -

Norman & Rodak
Grimmer
Kavanagh
Burgess
Stearman
LVC
Tunnicliffe
Jozabed
Cole
Woodrow
Smith

LVC and Burgess might come back along with Humphry, Shackleford and Adebayo.  These youngsters will be better for the experience of playing first team football at other clubs and we will take a look at them and others in the summer.  The rest are either gone for good now or will go in the summer

COYW

exactly!  some of those players in the usual first team squad are just not consistent enough or pushed hard enough to fight for their places

we certainly need more physical prescence in defence and at least one possibly two 'bigger' forwards maybe cyriac is brilliant but from what iread he certainly hasn't been pulling up any daisies recently.

the other contenders showed a little freshening up was in order and that is what we needed to do.... your list proves we are stll thin.

snarks

No doubt the squad is thin, and that is a worry, but my main concern is doing enough to make SJ stay and sign a new contract. I hope the club has done enough. I do look at the squad above though, and whilst I think we needed more most of it is now SJ's signings

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: AlexW132 on February 01, 2017, 08:05:41 AM
Why did we leave trying to buy Enrich too late? He had a fixed release clause in his contract that could have been activated at any time, but we decide to do it with hours to spare, and then Eibar say bugger off. Then we waste our time pissing about with incompetent French clubs who don't know what a fax machine is and as a result we're left with egg on our faces

Players need to pay out the buy out clause, not the buying club.  If the rules haven't changed then the money we would transfer to Enrich to do so would be taxed between 20-50% making the buyout fee 12-15million euros.  Most transfers where the buyout fee is "met" is the clubs agreeing to a fee somewhere between the release fee and the actual amount it would cost including that tax.  We could have agreed to a fee with Eibar a week ago and for whatever reason the negotiations with the player were taking longer, or Eibar simply didn't want to sell half way through the season so said "we'll sell him on the final day".  Final day comes around and they go "actually, we need the buyout clause activating" adding another couple of million euros to a deal we had already "agreed" in principle for less.  That would explain how we had been reported to have met "most" of the buyout fee, as we in effect had and Eibar were ok with it previously but then moved the goalposts later on.

Just a theory, and based on no solid info other than how the buyout clauses worked which is widely reported and the rumours of us meeting most of the buyout amount.

Not that I'm happy with the situation I'd have liked another striker as well as a winger in this window.  Also, bare in mind that had we paid out the full clause plus taxes Enrich would have been our new record signing by a million quid or so.

toshes mate

I was taking a nap after listening to my bickering son having a go about not having enough pocket money.....

toshes mate

Quote from: snarks on February 01, 2017, 08:55:44 AM
No doubt the squad is thin, and that is a worry, but my main concern is doing enough to make SJ stay and sign a new contract. I hope the club has done enough. I do look at the squad above though, and whilst I think we needed more most of it is now SJ's signings

My point too,  If they cared about Fulham FC then they would have moved heaven and earth for SJ.

WayneKerrins

Quote from: FFC73 on February 01, 2017, 08:05:43 AM

Button & Betts
Fred & Odoi
Malone & Sess
Kalas & Sig
Ream & Madl
MaDonald & Petsos
Johansen & Parker
Aluko & Piazon
Ayite & Kebano
Martin & Cyraic

Norman & Rodak
Grimmer
Kavanagh
Burgess
Stearman
LVC
Tunnicliffe
Jozabed
Cole
Woodrow
Smith

COYW

So your point is there is nothing to defend Khan for? Jok saying the distinguished squad was at its maximum potential and we needed to strengthen was met my the loans in?

Football wise I agree this squad still has a chance. But in terms of a cover story for Khan I'm afraid that's just a 3/10.