News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's be honest, promotion is the last thing Fulham want.

Started by Southdowns White, February 01, 2017, 09:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

We were getting to the stage where making the playoffs was a real possibility, maybe 3 signings of note would almost guarantee it and we would have been a good bet to win promotion in this way. But that would only mean more investment to build a team capable of staying in the premiership and needing to replace some of the better players who helped us get there. Brighton have been bubbling around near the top of the championship for a few years now, building their fan base back up with expectation of promotion only to somehow miss out in the playoffs. They will be promoted this season and have a good set up and supportive chairmen who will now back the team to keep them up next season, although it will be difficult.
We have been in a state freefalling since the Europa days so now need some time to consolidate our position in this division and have a season or two near or at the top with healthy gates and a winning formular.
Of course we do run the risk of losing all our best players and management team if we do not go up and the Chairman does not back what he already has. If we were to go up I really don't think next season would be a happy place in which to follow Fulham and we would certainly lose all our good players only for us to start the whole process off again the season later.
It will be an interesting remainder of the season and a day out at Wembley would be fantastic but promotion can wait for another year or two.
In order to remain in the premiership you need someone to spend lots of money and even more people to help them spend it very wisely and a big slice of luck. 

H4usuallysitting

We've had more time in the Championship than the Premiership under Mr Khan.....how long do you think is enough time in this league....also have you considered that Mr Khan may want to sell the club....then we may have a similar cycle that we've recently visited

bobbo

049:gifIn reply to southdowns, what you're saying is very logical but things move fast in today's football world and we need to keep up with the pace of it or we WILL  lose out better players.

And not least of all there's a lot of us here on this forum that may not have all the spare years to get back. When we dropped from the prem I wondered there and then will I live to see us get back , fingers crossed I do. 049:gif
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Nero

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 01, 2017, 09:38:20 AM
We've had more time in the Championship than the Premiership under Mr Khan.....how long do you think is enough time in this league....also have you considered that Mr Khan may want to sell the club....then we may have a similar cycle that we've recently visited

IF he wants to sell it will be worth a damn sight more in the Premier League then the Football League, speculate to accumulate

AlexW132

Our best players will leave and we'll be back to square 1 again. Or even worse, square -1 in the form of League One

terryr

Hmmm
Promotion and 150 million?
I'd say promotion is what they want
We really need to stop whining
We kept our best players and signed a couple more. We are playing beautiful football
we are in the playoff hunt.
Look where we were this time last year

filham

Quote from: TerryR on February 01, 2017, 10:38:54 AM
Hmmm
Promotion and 150 million?
I'd say promotion is what they want
We really need to stop whining
We kept our best players and signed a couple more. We are playing beautiful football
we are in the playoff hunt.
Look where we were this time last year
That is so right, we are improving slowly but we cannot afford a crippling debt that would occur on our Championship income. Gain promotion and we could then afford better players with all of the income the Premiership generates.