watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth in free fall !

Started by Riversider, February 01, 2017, 02:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

They look in real trouble to me, playing with no confidence and it's hard to see where their next win is coming from,
When you consider that they didn't spend a single penny in January and didn't bring in one single player, I would say that Bournemouth have got a group of supporters that should be truly concerned , if they get dragged down in to the bottom three then they are gone !
Another foreign owner not understanding the importance of The Premier League.

Riverside

I don't think they will be relegated though

Hull are certs
Sunderland probable

Palace and Swansea I think will be safe

Leicester could be the 3rd to go down !!!!

St Eve

They will be fine. They are 3 points from 9th. I agree with Riverside

Riversider

Have a look at their next 5 or 6 games, could be in the thick of it after that, nobody fears going to Dean Court maybe they should have recalled Murray from his loan at Brighton or is it only Derby that try that ?

Nero

seem to have lost it since Ake went back no wonder they where willing to pay big money for him

MikeW

In fairness from what I've seen of Ake on the box he looks well decent.  The Scum are well served at the back, but hey, with that money.

I hope Bournemouth stay up but they have got a few shockers coming up.

Bit like we used to be!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

toshes mate

Quote from: Riverside on February 01, 2017, 03:24:04 PM

Agreed.  They are having a bad spell but nothing worse than that.

AlexW132

The teams that stay up this season will only do so because there are worse teams. Out of all the teams, Hull, Swansea, Palace, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Watford, Bournemouth and Leicester all look crap enough to get relegated, but I think it'll be Hull, Sunderland and Leicester who do.

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on February 01, 2017, 02:15:14 PM
They look in real trouble to me, playing with no confidence and it's hard to see where their next win is coming from,
When you consider that they didn't spend a single penny in January and didn't bring in one single player, I would say that Bournemouth have got a group of supporters that should be truly concerned , if they get dragged down in to the bottom three then they are gone !

Just had a look at their fixtures, final game of the season Away to Leicester !!!

From a Fulham point of view if it's 3 from Bournemouth, Boro, Hull and Sunderland none of those sides strike me down with fear for next season , provided Villa don't get their act together the Championship could be wide open next season.

BarryP

Quote from: Riversider on February 01, 2017, 02:15:14 PM

Looking at the percentage of the Premier League clubs that are owned by non-British interests I would guess the foreign ownership groups understand pretty well the value of being in the Premier League.  Looking at the top of the table it looks like they understand the value of being in the Champions League as well.

#   Team   

1   Chelsea  - Foreign owned
2   Tottenham - English
3   Man. City   - Foreign owned
4   Arsenal - Foreign owned
5   Liverpool - Foreign owned
6   Man United - Foreign owned
7   Everton - Approx 50% English & 50% foreign
8   West Brom - Primarily foreign
9   West Ham - Primarily foreign
10   Stoke City - English
11   Burnley FC - English
12   Watford -Foreign owned
13   Southampton - Foreign owned
14   Bournemouth -Foreign owned
15   Swansea City  - Primarily foreign
16   Middlesbrough - English
17   Crystal Palace - 4 English owners / 2 foreign % unknown
18   Leicester City - Foreign owned
19   Hull City - Foreign owned
20   Sunderland - Foreign owned
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

Hull are certs
Sunderland probable

Not to hijack the thread,but has a team ever won the Prem and then been relegated the next season? For that manner, in any of the EPL?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 27, 2017, 05:35:40 PM

Hull are certs
Sunderland probable

Not to hijack the thread,but has a team ever won the Prem and then been relegated the next season? For that manner, in any of the EPL?

Man City did pre-war, and Ipswich got into the UEFA Cup one season and were relegated the next a decade or so ago.

love4ffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 27, 2017, 05:35:40 PM

A quick google search came up with this. 

Manchester City's first ever league title in the first division came in the 1936/37 season. What made the victory even sweeter was the fact that their arch-rivals Manchester United were relegated after finishing second to last in the table after 42 games.

Although City started the season with a loss to Middlesbrough, they lost only 7 games that season and ended with a strong run of 22 games without defeat which included 15 wins. Four players reached double figures for goals in the league – forwards Peter Doherty (30), Eric Brook (20),  Alec Herd and Fred Tilson (15 goals each).City's home form was identical to second-placed Charlton Athletic (15 wins and 5 draws – 2 points per win), but their away record was marginally better and they took the title home with a 3-point lead after 42 matches in spite of an abandoned game midway through the season.

But the very next season, their weak defence saw them lose 20 out of the 42 games as they finished in 21st place, above West Bromwich Albion only on goal difference. Surprisingly, they were the team that scored the most goals that season but still couldn't survive the drop. City had the second-worst defensive record, conceding 77 goals in the season. Even teams above them who had a negative goal difference managed to score more points.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Sunderland deserve to be relegated after not being punished for playing an ineligible player in the 2014 season. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Swan

I think that Murray signed on permanent deal for Brighton in January.
The Swan

Whitesideup

Quote from: AlexW132 on February 01, 2017, 05:28:48 PM
The teams that stay up this season will only do so because there are worse teams. Out of all the teams, Hull, Swansea, Palace, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Watford, Bournemouth and Leicester all look crap enough to get relegated, but I think it'll be Hull, Sunderland and Leicester who do.

Remember that team who are so crap .. and the way they won the Championship? They are not a worse team now.

Yes, they are on a bad run. They are having a bad spell. For a team with a crowd of 11,500 who despite  funding from their owner still exist on a fairly meagre budget compared to other premiership teams, they are still not doing so bad. Going down is what should be expected. But Eddie will stay calm,. the ship will be steadied .. in Eddie we  trust ... oops, just given away the fact Bournemouth are my second team, and indeed my home team.

My first game at Dean Court was 1965 v Burnley (3rd in div 1 at the time) in the FA cup. I blame my son for the fact that they are still not my first team.

Some people may think this is an act of disloyalty but after being a season ticket holder at  Fulham for at least 10 years, my allegiance,  though once always with Bournemouth, gradually  turned into a Fulham allegiance.  You just can't help it. And when Bournemouth played Fulham in the Championship I was there home and away, and despite all my formative years being at Bournemouth, of the two, I root for Fulham. (And I like rooting!)

So COYW .. and come on you Cherries.

malc

Bournemouth are in trouble but I think they'll stay up. Boro can't score so I think they'll go along with Hull & Sunderland(bad year for the northeast!) Ranieri's sacking will ironically save Leicester. Palace & Swansea should just about be OK-It'll be tight though.

Woolly Mammoth

I reckon there are more than three teams worse than Bournemouth, so they should end up safe.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.