more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hands up all of you said season over

Started by bobbo, February 01, 2017, 09:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: davew on February 01, 2017, 09:43:34 PM
I'll put up 1 hand for now!! Great result but there again if we couldn't beat Burton and Barnet on the same night....it would have been thumbs down!!

Must be a long time since Fulham had to combat two teams in a Championship game.  And I loved the wisecrack about Martin....

bobbo

What great idea woolly a drink , shame I've packed in , haven't had any alcohol since oct 13th.
Might jus break that on the way home.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Snibbo

But they did just beat the HaHas at the Laughterdome, a team we struggled against, and they have a very smart manager, so it was the proverbial banana skin. In recent years we often slipped on those.

colinwhite

Not me ! We're going up and who said we hadn't strengthened our squad? Slavisa got rid or leant out the dead wood ,and none of us know how good the 2 new boys are. If they are as good as the majority of our summer signings then we will be ok. Has losing smith,Woodrow, tunnicliffe ,lvc, etc. really weakened our squad , I'm not so sure.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: davew on February 01, 2017, 09:43:34 PM
I'll put up 1 hand for now!! Great result but there again if we couldn't beat Burton and Barnet on the same night....it would have been thumbs down!!

We were not impressive at home to burton earlier this season. Shows the progress we are making.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: bobbo link=topic=57948.msg836241#msg836241 date=1485988014
I'm facing. 22 1/2 hour flight in 4 hours
/quote]

Have you discovered time travel????
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

terryr

Quote from: bobbo on February 01, 2017, 10:26:54 PM
Credit to all who've owned up , I'm facing. 22 1/2 hour flight in 4 hours time and will have a smile on me face till I get to Heathrow. We have plenty of chance to still make it and someone the other day said we should try scotty Malone up front , what a good idea he keeps sneaking goals in.
good lord where are you flying?
I flying from dubai to Melbourne Monday night and theat 14 hours

Woolly Mammoth

Where exactly do you want these hands up Bobbo, somewhere nice. I hope you are not including Mr Khan in this issue, as I would prefer him to have his hands down his long pockets searching for his fat wallet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

We can debate until the cows come home if we are going to get into the top 6.

We can debate about getting the balance right between ambitious signings and working within a budget that doesn't threaten the clubs future.

We can also debate many subjects such as why we always seem to lose out over a few quid and too often leave it to the death to try and get players signed up.

But the bottom line is this, have we strengthened the team in line with the owners previous statements and the plan the manager bought into when he agreed to come to us? 

This window, I would say those who have left have not weakened us and those who have arrived are a positive move but that's not necessarily the same as the sentence above !

toshes mate

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 02, 2017, 04:08:00 PM

We can debate about getting the balance right between ambitious signings and working within a budget that doesn't threaten the clubs future.

We can also debate many subjects such as why we always seem to lose out over a few quid and too often leave it to the death to try and get players signed up.

But the bottom line is this, have we strengthened the team in line with the owners previous statements and the plan the manager bought into when he agreed to come to us? 

This window, I would say those who have left have not weakened us and those who have arrived are a positive move but that's not necessarily the same as the sentence above !

It's a good question to ask and if there is any truth is the saying 'the proof is in the pudding' then the Board win the contest hands down because of what we have been seeing on the pitch for the past several weeks.   They will also take the accolades for having appointed SJ in the first place.   The Board also have supporters who regularly ram those facts down our throats in these pages.   I have expressed my total optimism for this team elsewhere already and whilst I'd admit to being very dissatisfied with the Martin saga when at its worse ebb, SJ has got all his players doing what he expects of them and it is working and getting better every game in so many small ways as he irons out each problem that comes up.  The Board are perhaps fortunate that the cards have fallen as they have done, but SJ has had to work really hard to get there.  I think he is now beginning to enjoy it a lot more than he has done, one year into the job and familiar with all the idiosyncracies of the Fulham set uo which give the Club its character.

I had one of those moments of inspiration after the performance last night and the last time I had a similar experience about Fulham was when we got to Wembley.  Now I hope that means we take over Wembley in May and whatever the results we satisfy ourselves that the Club are on the up even if the Board didn't appear to be doing the sensible things we have asked/begged them to do at the times we seemed to be sold short.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: toshes mate on February 02, 2017, 04:33:35 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 02, 2017, 04:08:00 PM

It's a good question to ask and if there is any truth is the saying 'the proof is in the pudding' then the Board win the contest hands down because of what we have been seeing on the pitch for the past several weeks.   They will also take the accolades for having appointed SJ in the first place.   The Board also have supporters who regularly ram those facts down our throats in these pages.   I have expressed my total optimism for this team elsewhere already and whilst I'd admit to being very dissatisfied with the Martin saga when at its worse ebb, SJ has got all his players doing what he expects of them and it is working and getting better every game in so many small ways as he irons out each problem that comes up.  The Board are perhaps fortunate that the cards have fallen as they have done, but SJ has had to work really hard to get there.  I think he is now beginning to enjoy it a lot more than he has done, one year into the job and familiar with all the idiosyncracies of the Fulham set uo which give the Club its character.

I had one of those moments of inspiration after the performance last night and the last time I had a similar experience about Fulham was when we got to Wembley.  Now I hope that means we take over Wembley in May and whatever the results we satisfy ourselves that the Club are on the up even if the Board didn't appear to be doing the sensible things we have asked/begged them to do at the times we seemed to be sold short.

You never had one of those under Tigana?
Nogood "must have been in a somnambulance, isit" Boyo