https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hands up all of you said season over

Started by bobbo, February 01, 2017, 09:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

davew

I'll put up 1 hand for now!! Great result but there again if we couldn't beat Burton and Barnet on the same night....it would have been thumbs down!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Peabody

Quote from: davew on February 01, 2017, 09:43:34 PM
I'll put up 1 hand for now!! Great result but there again if we couldn't beat Burton and Barnet on the same night....it would have been thumbs down!!

But we did Dave, remember we can only play what is in front of us

davew

Really
Quote from: Peabody on February 01, 2017, 09:45:34 PM
Quote from: davew on February 01, 2017, 09:43:34 PM

But we did Dave, remember we can only play what is in front of us

Really pleased with the result and the optimism has returned, if only we had beaten them at the Cottage!!

fulhamben

Yes I did, but then I didn't realise ten men could thwart the derby player sabotaging us. Coyws
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

We could still do it
We could
But it is now russian roulette
This proves how good we are
A couple more players would make us unstoppable

davew

Quote from: nose on February 01, 2017, 09:53:13 PM
We could still do it
We could
"Would have made us unstoppable"!!

WokinghamWhite

We have a  great squad and there are still 54 points to play for before the end of the season. I am very optimistic. What a contrast with this time last year.

nose

:yay:
Quote from: davew on February 01, 2017, 09:54:40 PM
Quote from: nose on February 01, 2017, 09:53:13 PM
We could still do it
We could
"Would have made us unstoppable"!!

I refuse to explain my grammar again :yay:

Woolly Mammoth

Birmingham City is a massive match, it won't be easy of course. But a win would really launch us towards the play offs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

A great win and well played ..........however from a reasoned overview, our chances of catching Derby are less than if we had strengthened our squad - that is presumably obvious ? Any expectation of reaching play-offs must surely include a win at Burton.

I remember going to Birmingham and sitting in the Brum end to be 3-0 down at HT and wining 4-3 - I had to keep very still and quiet

Whitesideup

I have not publicly gone back on my prediction of 3rd place prior to the Brighton match. It is becoming increasingly difficult and indeed perhaps a shade unlikely. However you will be full of admiration for my prediction clearly based on the perceptive analysis of us being the best footballing team in the division with a manager who will iron out our deficiencies. My  courage to stick to my guns will be admired and talked about for .. well .. seconds maybe. 

bobbo

Credit to all who've owned up , I'm facing. 22 1/2 hour flight in 4 hours time and will have a smile on me face till I get to Heathrow. We have plenty of chance to still make it and someone the other day said we should try scotty Malone up front , what a good idea he keeps sneaking goals in.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

davew

Quote from: bobbo on February 01, 2017, 10:26:54 PM
Credit to all who've owned up , I'm facing. 22 1/2 hour flight in 4 hours time and will have a smile on me face till I get to Heathrow. We have plenty of chance to still make it and someone the other day said we should try scotty Malone up front , what a good idea he keeps sneaking goals in.
That was me, probably my best posting out of the 4,000 + I have made to date. Have a good and maybe I will come up with another good idea before you land??

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on February 01, 2017, 10:51:53 PM
That was me, probably my best posting out of the 4,000 + I have made to date. Have a good and maybe I will come up with another good idea before you land??

I have a good idea, let's have another drink, and that includes you Bobbo.

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Anyone remember the song "Spotty Malone" Well spotty rhymes with Scotty.
Just Googled it The song was by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore and it wasn't Malone it was in fact Maldoon Sorry

NJFulham

The trick is they have to win win most of the league matches until Newcastle on March 18thish.

Madman Maddle

We should've beaten Burton with our 2nd string eleven. They were down 2 regular defenders because of injury. That's on a team where Woodrow and LVC are supposed to be their saviors in the relegation battle. 065.gif

Sgt Fulham

Where are you flying back from, down under? Either way I pray for you, that flight is hell, but at least you'll be on a Fulham high!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 01, 2017, 11:27:30 PM

Where are you flying back from, down under? Either way I pray for you, that flight is hell, but at least you'll be on a Fulham high!

He only went to visit his Aunt in Jersey.

Never forget your Roots.