Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 02, 2017, 07:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Roberty

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

He did ok,  not much service and one real chance he had he put away but was adjudged to be offside.
He made a lot of runs and worked hard.

Neil D

Quote from: MJG on February 02, 2017, 08:32:43 AM
He did ok,  not much service and one real chance he had he put away but was adjudged to be offside.

Thanks for the sensible assessment.  It's time to move on for the others.

MJG

Quote from: Neil D on February 02, 2017, 08:38:18 AM

To be clear i have no time for him at all after what he is done . but you have to step back from personal views and just be honest about a performance sometimes.

snarks

Quote from: MJG on February 02, 2017, 08:42:46 AM

To be clear i have no time for him at all after what he is done . but you have to step back from personal views and just be honest about a performance sometimes.

I agree with that and thought the same on Saturday. He has p****d me off with his antics, but if he carries on playing the way he did on Saturday for the rest of the season that will do for me. If SJ then triggers the option to sell him back to Derby for more than the purchase price that will suit me too.

Milo

So there were times off the ball where he would chase down the keeper, call for it, get frustrated when he didn't get it.

But then there were times where he could've really gone in flying for a header, a final touch to keep it in play and I was trying to work out whether it was just his bulky nature or whether it was his lack of effort..

I would say he is at 80-90% in summary.

I couldnt help but feel "McCormack would have scored that", "McCormack would have scored this free kick", "McCormack would've put that ball through.."...

At least Ross wanted to come back... Martin doesn't want to play! I would've told the dressing room to grow up... Ross is coming back. I think they just wanted to avoid Daddy coming back after all the kids started to get into their stride and puff their chests out.

The Old Count

Chris martin is a Dick and has behaved appallingly as have Derby and McClaren. For us though, we have to trust the man on the spot to make the judgement and that is the manager.  If SJ thinks he's giving enough then fine.

toshes mate

My mate Martin from Townsend Road played Chopin's Ballade No 1 in G minor almost to perfection and another Martin from Derby was his usual self on the fiddle striking right notes here and there.

westcliff white

Quote from: snarks on February 02, 2017, 09:00:32 AM

I agree with that and thought the same on Saturday. He has p****d me off with his antics, but if he carries on playing the way he did on Saturday for the rest of the season that will do for me. If SJ then triggers the option to sell him back to Derby for more than the purchase price that will suit me too.
triggers the option to sell him back? we have an option to buy but thats up in the air after the ocntract situation. But thats all been covered now.

Happy he played well, if SJ says he plays then he plays, sort of agree with statto though a "plan b" free agent would not be a bad option, not Keane fo rme not simialr to Martin, berba a slightly better option i think. Neithe rlikely to happen so hopefully everyone stas fit and healthy
Every day is a Fulham day

toshes mate

There is still the possibility of a free agent wandering around looking for a chance to demonstrate their talent.  The nature of the game is that there are still players in the lower leagues who may just show a scout that they have what it takes.  The only problem is availability and whether both player and scout strike the same note and are on the same spot at the same time, and that is the equivalent of winning a heavily odds against permutation.  I am beginning to believe SJ may think he can get by with Martin and Cyriac without it affecting his target of a top six spot.  He may have wanted more commitment from the backroom boys but I think he has always had a plan B if that didn't happen.

snarks

Sorry just shows what poor thought can do. What I meant was SJ triggers the £9 mill option to buy Martin, then agrees the transfer of Martin to Derby for say £12 mill. Only from what I've read we have the option, not sure if its unilateral tho'

MikeCdawg

There's only an option to buy for £9m if all three parties agree. Fulham, Derby and Martin. So there is no profit to be made. :( Nice thought tho'

ToodlesMcToot

Mr. MJG,

Would there be any rule against us saying to Derby that we are going to trigger the permanent portion of Martin's deal but that we are willing to allow him back for, say, one of their better prospects? Or would we just have to sign him and make them pay a transfer fee? I know that we can sign him unilaterally but, after all their shenanigans, I think Fulham are owed something. Think we should do our best to get something out of that little bit of leverage that we have.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

PokerMatt

The absolute best situation and the one I'm desperately hoping for, however unlikely, is.. that Martin does enough to get us into the playoffs and then promotion at the expense of Derby. We then tell Martin he's not good enough for PL, turn down the option to buy and send him back to them on his new inflated wage.

I'm salivating at the prospect if reading their forums if this were to happen.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

We Are Premier League

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 02, 2017, 01:02:38 PM

Mr. MJG,

Would there be any rule against us saying to Derby that we are going to trigger the permanent portion of Martin's deal but that we are willing to allow him back for, say, one of their better prospects? Or would we just have to sign him and make them pay a transfer fee? I know that we can sign him unilaterally but, after all their shenanigans, I think Fulham are owed something. Think we should do our best to get something out of that little bit of leverage that we have.

Given that he needs to agree the transfer, I say that we have no leverage.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mlangstrom on February 02, 2017, 01:51:20 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 02, 2017, 01:02:38 PM

Mr. MJG,

Given that he needs to agree the transfer, I say that we have no leverage.

My mistake, if true. I believed that we had a unilateral choice here...that both Derby and Martin had agreed to the deal as a loan purchase which included Martin's wages under both circumstances.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

glenhodgso

When I read the topic heading, I thought I would give my perspective, but your comments on his running and work rate were exactly what I was going to say.  On another day he would have scored.

I was especially impressed with his goal reaction on Sunday too.

It's time to move on.  Nothing to see here anymore....

gang

At the end of the loan it is logical to let him return to Derby and the wolly with the brolly without arguing; no point in having an unhappy player.  We will be able to find a replacement just before the start of next season and get him fit by Christmas.