more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will we bottle it at Brum?

Started by Wearethewhites, February 02, 2017, 01:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Quote from: fulhamben on February 02, 2017, 02:52:16 PM
If ever a game could be called Fulhamish, this is it. Although I'm expecting a big win, with my new hero zorro scoring a hat trick.
I agree. I am going for  win on Saturday. Bog off Fulhamish! 0-3.

Thank you and good night 

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

It is a fair comment to say that if any of the teams in the league decide to "come at us", we would win most games. We are the best footballing side in the league. Its also fair to say that every team knows it and they now won't come and have a go. Instead, they sit back and when they pull our full backs forward, they win possession and expose the space on either side.

If Zola decides not to do that, we will almost certainly win. If he does, we stand a go chance of getting a point, maybe 3.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 02, 2017, 10:49:03 PM
It is a fair comment to say that if any of the teams in the league decide to "come at us", we would win most games. We are the best footballing side in the league. Its also fair to say that every team knows it and they now won't come and have a go. Instead, they sit back and when they pull our full backs forward, they win possession and expose the space on either side.

If Zola decides not to do that, we will almost certainly win. If he does, we stand a go chance of getting a point, maybe 3.

If they sit back then we will eventually break them down and score.  Then they will have to come at us and we will score again.

And an added bonus for winning will be to see Birmingham slip further down the table.

Fulham Tup North

Score the first goal, we will do well.  We struggle to chase games and very rarely win from behind.
Soak up pressure, quiet the crowd, score, then pick them off at will.
Wonder if SJ will mix and match or stick with Wednesday starting 11??

COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

On the contrary, There is absolutely nothing to worry about on Saturday. Due to this year being the Chinese year of the Cock, and the Full Moon entering Saturn, as well as the Zodiac Star Sign being Aquarius in conjunction with a high tide in the River Thames at kick off, signifies a Fulham win of Biblical Proportions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HillingdonFFC

Judging by the amount of tickets sold I seems a lot of Fulham fans think we will bottle it.
Has got a worrying Fulham runbusters feel about, a lot of Birmingham ex & current players issueing rallying calls to the Blues fans. Think we might have too much for them if we fire though.

H4usuallysitting

Cyriac will score the first 3, and we'll win 2-11

bill taylors apprentice

I see we have based ourselves at St Georges Park since the Burton game to save travelling back and forth.

Hope this works to our favour but either way we must be confident of 3 points.

I think bottling it is the wrong phrase.

Earlier in the season we lost our way in games while trying to play our possession football, sometimes we managed a point and a few times the wheels came off but we have moved to a higher level now.

filham

We are playing the best we have for a long , long time, Brum are struggling and a win would put us within touching distance of the top six and set up two big games at the Cottage.

Yes, just the sort of game we slip up on to destroy all our new found expectations.

Jim©

I genuinely think seasons can turn (one way or another) on games like this. The Fulham we all know will turn up, fail to play and lose to a headed goal in the 87th minute,gifting Brum their first win in 11. However, this side isn't really the Fulham we know (of late anyway): we win away, we score goals, we keep the ball, we create chances etc.
So, i'm intrigued to see which one it is.
BTW- I've correctly predicted our last 3 scores in a row- tomorrow i'm going with 2-1 Fulham...

bill taylors apprentice

In some ways I would be more impressed with a 1-0 victory than a comfortable win.

AlexW132

ChesterTheTabby

This game answered your original question, OP!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MaidenheadMick

The ultimate bottle job. No wins in ten, who can we play to stop the rot? Why not Fulham. Pisses me off.

davew

Quote from: Wearethewhites on February 02, 2017, 01:32:09 PM
Has all the makings of a Fulhamish outcome this game, lost 7, drawn 2, no win in the last 10, or something like that.

Zola has yet to win a single game, a few of their players are not firing at the moment, so up step us, little old Fulham, when they need a hand.

Like Reading, I really hope we don't bottle this one, because if we're going to get anywhere near the top 6, games like these are a must win.

Be interesting to see if we actually have the backbone.
Obviously not, good topic!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bill taylors apprentice

Sounded like we weren't clever enough to counter their aggressive approach.

Is that "bottling it"?

MaidenheadMick

That is why we won't reach the play offs. No savvy

AlexW132

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 04, 2017, 05:02:24 PM
Sounded like we weren't clever enough to counter their aggressive approach.

Is that "bottling it"?
No, bottling it is losing our cool and conceding stupid goals to a team that hasn't won in 2 months

hopper

Quote from: MaidenheadMick on February 04, 2017, 04:57:56 PM
The ultimate bottle job. No wins in ten, who can we play to stop the rot? Why not Fulham. Pisses me off.

Still plenty of Fulhamish in the tank in a positive season. What is it about us and being the team to end terrible runs. Rodwell was on winning side for first time in 37 today, if we were in prem it would have been us.