watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will we bottle it at Brum?

Started by Wearethewhites, February 02, 2017, 01:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Has all the makings of a Fulhamish outcome this game, lost 7, drawn 2, no win in the last 10, or something like that.

Zola has yet to win a single game, a few of their players are not firing at the moment, so up step us, little old Fulham, when they need a hand.

Like Reading, I really hope we don't bottle this one, because if we're going to get anywhere near the top 6, games like these are a must win.

Be interesting to see if we actually have the backbone.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Reckon it'll be a cricket score. Zola was an incredible player, but a dire manager...
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Delboy

I think Burton away posed more of a banana skin than Brum, with all the Clough shenanigans that went on last week. We haven't done too badly up at St Andrews recently. I'm on the train to support the boys and feel we have a strong bench if there are any players having an off day. In SJ we trust.

Holders

Gotter be optimistic, the players must be looking up the table and be on a roll after Hull. I see that Man U couldn't beat them last night.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: Holders on February 02, 2017, 01:46:12 PM
Gotter be optimistic, the players must be looking up the table and be on a roll after Hull. I see that Man U couldn't beat them last night.

And Hull fielded virtually the same eleven as against us

fulhamben

If ever a game could be called Fulhamish, this is it. Although I'm expecting a big win, with my new hero zorro scoring a hat trick.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

I understand the ops comments, as historically it is the kind of scenario that may orchestrate a Fulhamish result.
But if we cannot beat them Saturday, when will we ever beat them.
Plus the FA Cup result against Hull City was good for confidence, team spirit and morale. That's why it's important to be consistent in both League and Cup. They run in conjunction with each other. You have to try and win every competive match. That's why they are called competitions, you have to compete, it should be in your DNA.
Anybody that feels differently and poo poos the English FA Cup, should leave the room with immediate effect, and take up knitting full time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Anybody else sick of the term "must win" being used for every single game ?
April is the earliest that term can even be considered.
096.gig 096.gig 096.gig

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on February 02, 2017, 02:58:23 PM
096.gig 096.gig 096.gig

No, never, not, non, nein, neit, nope.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Road Less Travelled

096.gig 096.gig 096.gig

Every game is a must win.  Against the bottom half we should be beating them, against those around us we need to win to gain on them, and against the top 2/3 we need to win to show we deserve to be promoted.

When we win by a big scoreline it's great, but we also need to be able to win tight games.  When we win tight games we should be winning by bigger margins because we've shown we can.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WhiteJC

I'm far more confident this season than I have been for several seasons however, this game will be tricky as I always think of Brum as a bogey team for us

rvFFC

Expecting a cyriac brace to well and truly put Martin on the bench for a while   049:gif

Whitesideup

I don't know what has happened to them of late. At Craven Cottage they looked well-organized and strong, if maybe lacking attacking flair. They had a good run, were in the top 6 for a while, but now are in freefall with basically the same squad. Must be partly psychological, like our penalty-taking. I think they could be a lot tougher than their recent results suggest, but if we play well, we can beat anyone in this division. Play badly and we can lose to anyone as well. So let's hope we keep up the standard of recent performances .. and take our chances when they come along.

AlexW132

What would be Fulhamish is Kerim Frei to get the winning goal 090.gif

WokinghamWhite

Loved SJ's comment about Zola on FulhamTV: "He was a fantastic player. He's a fantastic person. I'm sure he'll be a fantastic coach in the future".

dannyboi-ffc

Thing is, when you're still in the playoff hunt hanging by a very fragile thread and without a win in 9 or whatever it is. They have to express themselves more than Burton needed to because in reality a point for Burton is worth its weight in gold at the bottom against a team like us. So Burton are always about getting the first goal for us, then we tear them apart.

Birmingham cant really accept a 0v0 draw so if the games open on quite a big pitch then it will suit us. I think this game is easier on paper than Burton in many ways and as im going, Im hoping this is our time to shine.

COYW!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Apprentice to the Maestro

A very strange title! Have we 'bottled' any match this season under Jokanovic? Did we 'bottle it' against Hull? Will we 'bottle it' against Spurs? No!

We have out passed and out played the opposition in practically every match but have been let down on a few occasions by sloppiness at the back or a lack of chances and clinical finishing at the front.

If we can maintain the form of the last two games then we have every chance of coming away with a result.

Arthur

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 02, 2017, 07:22:09 PM
A very strange title!

I agree.

There is a chance we may lose. If we do, however, I think it is unlikely that the reason will be that we 'bottled' it.

Asotosyios

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on February 02, 2017, 03:06:19 PM
096.gig 096.gig 096.gig

Every game is a must win.  Against the bottom half we should be beating them, against those around us we need to win to gain on them, and against the top 2/3 we need to win to show we deserve to be promoted.

When we win by a big scoreline it's great, but we also need to be able to win tight games.  When we win tight games we should be winning by bigger margins because we've shown we can.

064.gif   065.gif