watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Frank Lampard retires

Started by ron, February 02, 2017, 06:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Despite his former..er...connections, I always admired him as a player, and thought that after his playing days with ...er...them...he would have been a perfect fit down at the Cottage (though unlikely ever to happen), as was Bobby Moore in an earlier generation.  Can't help but wish him well in the future.

HatterDon

when president Calvin Coolidge died in the 1920's, wag Dorothy Parker commented "how could they tell."

Based on his performance over on this side of the water, that comment is equally appropriate for Lampard's retirement.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: ron on February 02, 2017, 06:40:00 PM
Despite his former..er...connections, I always admired him as a player, and thought that after his playing days with ...er...them...he would have been a perfect fit down at the Cottage (though unlikely ever to happen), as was Bobby Moore in an earlier generation.  Can't help but wish him well in the future.

Agree.

I had him on my list of fantasy off the radar picks for this transfer window for just the situation when our hoped for captures did not come through. A top class finisher particularly for a midfielder.

bill taylors apprentice

Doesn't work like that nowadays !

cmg

A talented, international class midfielder. Seems a decent enough bloke, although he never did us much good.
I doubt that any midfielder has ever bettered the 9 goals he scored against us in 23 games.
In recent times Rooney has done the best against us with 12, also in 23 appearances. This equaled the 12 that Jimmy Greaves scored against us. Greaves did this in 15 games - but, of course, there never was anyone like him. Although I now see that van Nistelrooy managed 10 in 11, which is pretty good going.

Woolly Mammoth

Forget which clubs he has played for. He was a players player, a footballer that got the best out of himself, you never saw him dive or feign injury like others. He trained hard and has been a good example to others in how to conduct yourself on and off the pitch. Especially when you see lesser players resorting to cheating. His goal scoring record is phenonimal. Anybody taking a cheap shot at him are not half the man or character he is. That's why so far I am pleased nobody on here has resorted to trash talk, simply because of their ignorance.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 02, 2017, 11:49:38 PM
Forget which clubs he has played for. He was a players player, a footballer that got the best out of himself, you never saw him dive or feign injury like others. He trained hard and has been a good example to others in how to conduct yourself on and off the pitch. Especially when you see lesser players resorting to cheating. His goal scoring record is phenonimal. Anybody taking a cheap shot at him are not half the man or character he is. That's why so far I am pleased nobody on here has resorted to trash talk, simply because of their ignorance.

respectfully disagree; some things I don't forget or forgive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2702994/Drunken-mockery-U-S-tourists-wake-9-11-returns-haunt-soccer-star-Lampard-prepares-sign-NYC-team.html
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Fair enough, I had forgotten about that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.