watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR A little light hearted nonsense

Started by Peabody, February 03, 2017, 10:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

There is one thing that has always bothered me for all of my 78 years. That who first discovered that if you peel an orange (or banana) that it taste so much better?

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Peabody on February 03, 2017, 10:14:24 AM
There is one thing that has always bothered me for all of my 78 years. That who first discovered that if you peel an orange (or banana) that it taste so much better?

The man who saw the animals peel the fruit first !

WhiteJC

alright I'll join in, who first tried oysters?

toshes mate

My one would be as sex is so much better than no sex how come the most successful life on the planet simply divides itself into two exponentially?

Alanovich

Who first ate rotten, solidified milk rather than throwing it in the sea?  OK, I love cheese and I'm grateful it happened, but really, how on earth did it seem like a good idea to start with?
"I wear the trosuers in this house. And I wash them and I iron them."

- Dennis Thatcher

epsomraver

Who first milked a cow or goat and drunk the milk?and more to the point Why?

cmg

Who looked at a large, knobbly, thick-skinned, bitter-tasting, yellow citrus fruit and decided to name it after a grape?

snarks

Who thought to dig up a plant peel it then cook it to eat

filham

Think of all of the poisonous plants flowers and herbs , were they found to be poisonous by trial and error.

epsomraver

Quote from: filham on February 03, 2017, 12:39:40 PM
Think of all of the poisonous plants flowers and herbs , were they found to be poisonous by trial and error.

I think error was the taster  :005:

nose

well if you really want to start this. I always wonder how anybody discovered how to bake bread. If you think about how many processes are needed when did they get tiem to experiment with it all. in the days bread was started people were living hand to mouth and it would seem had little time for a bit of culinary experimentation. bread is quite an art form.

I have also wondered about the orange/banana thing and I assume they must have killed themselves often trying stuff that was poisonous.

grandad

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?
Where there's a will there's a wife

cookieg

Alcohol - who? when? how? why? but thank you!

Southcoastffc

:dft001: Ummmm, I like eating orange peel.  (Has to be unwaxed though.)   And I do like the orange flesh too.  I have tried banana skin and am not keen.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: epsomraver on February 03, 2017, 10:53:01 AM
Who first milked a cow or goat and drunk the milk?and more to the point Why?

Who figured out that one shouldn't try milking a bull? Was it the guy who tried or the guy who found the guy who tried?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Fulham1959

"Hundreds" of plants, or parts of plants, have specific healing properties.  But how on earth did we detect or discover those specific properties ?

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Why do female kangaroos have 3 vaginas ?

NogoodBoyo

The one that never ceases to amaze me is how scrupulous and diligent we are taught to be about washing our hands after going to the lavatory but that oral and anal sex are both obsessions with a huge proportion of the global population. 
Nogood "up to no good in the wash-house, see" Boyo
P.S. Trump that one with any more of your fruit questions:-)

NogoodBoyo

That closed what was an interesting thread.  Anybody offended?  Want me to delete my question?  Peabody?
Nogood "bit of a shocker, right" Boyo