watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burton Fans view

Started by Abbotsbury White, February 03, 2017, 07:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbotsbury White

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/fan-column-jamie-goldsmith/story-30110129-detail/story.html

Fan column: Jamie Goldsmith on a positive week for Burton Albion in spite of Fulham defeat
By JoshuaMurray  |  Posted: February 03, 2017

By Jamie Goldsmith

Brewers fan Jamie Goldsmith reflects on a positive week for Burton Albion ahead of the Wolves clash, even in spite of the midweek defeat to Fulham...

Despite Wednesday night's defeat to Fulham, I left the Pirelli in upbeat mood with how the last week had panned out. I'm not resigning myself to relegation, I just don't have any illusions of grandeur or believe that a home defeat to a fantastic Fulham side is unacceptable, because it is isn't. They are the best team I've seen us play this season.

Besides, that was only one game and while any points gained would have been invaluable, for me the most important thing this week happened on Monday, when Nigel Clough confirmed he was staying at the club.

I think this is vital for our season and future. Clough has shown he knows what is needed to be competitive at this level and despite the initial surprise and even disappointment at how some valuable contributors to recent success were let go, I'm sure we all agree most of the new signings have taken us to a new level.

Read more at http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/fan-column-jamie-goldsmith/story-30110129-detail/story.html#L0QHcV762ejAASRd.99
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

hovewhite

What a great post,not just fulham comment but clough comment and hope they stay up.
Sums up a lot of fans havin watched us away this season a lot of games its sums up the fans in the championship  honest and likeable fans.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it is heart warming to read, and I sincerely hope Burton Albion FC stay up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I want Burton to stay up. I think they were only formed after the last war. A phenomenal rise. Good luck to them.

092.gif

Apprentice to the Maestro

We should hope that our loanees, LVC and Woodrow, will help them and help themselves showing some form to help their careers possibly back with us.

Barrett487

I've noticed the number of teams that say we are the best team they've played this season. With all these accolades, we should be higher, surely? At least we're seeing decent football.

davew

Quote from: Barrett487 on February 03, 2017, 09:49:57 PM
I've noticed the number of teams that say we are the best team they've played this season. With all these accolades, we should be higher, surely? At least we're seeing decent football.
Yeah bit like golf quotes "the best player never to win a major" and for us "the best footballing side not to make the play-offs", if we don't I will endorse that!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)