https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

newcastle away

Started by nose, February 03, 2017, 09:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

When we were in the old div 2, championship now for the youngsters, we won 4 1
Houghton lock davis

Great day but i was in france on holiday.
This year i will be in france again on the day
A good omen i hope... to ensure success i intend to recreate the same picnic lunch

Barrett487

I'm not superstitious Mr Nose, but I could become so.

nose

Quote from: Barrett487 on February 03, 2017, 09:41:17 PM

monsieur nez when i go to france but mr nose when i am here perhaps

BestOfBrede

Who scored the fourth?
:005:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 03, 2017, 09:45:55 PM
Who scored the fourth?
:005:

Soixante-Neuf.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: nose on February 03, 2017, 09:44:53 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on February 03, 2017, 09:41:17 PM

monsieur nez when i go to france but mr nose when i am here perhaps
Quand je vais a France, mais quand je suis ici, peut-être! My 11 years in France taught so much (lil)
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jimpav

St James Park used to be a happy hunting ground in the premiership as well, fingers crossed your picnic will do the business.

HillingdonFFC

Lock didnt score ,Davies got two, Coney & Houghton tbe other scorers

Travers Barney

Missed the 4-1...went in 79-80 and it was a far from friendly arena...lost 2 nil...went down that season been back a fair few times since but only ever witnessed one victory the kamara seal a Europa cup place..well sort of....last couple of times eye sight not what it was and can hardly see a thing...and them steps........probably go though...coyw
We are the whites

F(f)CUK

What I loved was that Supermac said we would win beforehand. That was a period when we were playing at our best during that season.

Rhys Lightning 63

Word of warning for those who have booked hotels/trains for that day. If we beat Spurs in the cup, that game gets moved to midweek at some stage, and given the way they have treated the cup so far, is a LEGIT possibility
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Williams Tale

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 03, 2017, 10:44:28 PM
What I loved was that Supermac said we would win beforehand. That was a period when we were playing at our best during that season.
[/quote
Funny you should mention supermac because my first visit to St James park was a league cup tie in november 1974 , we lost 3-0 , and supermac scored !]

toshes mate

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 03, 2017, 10:44:28 PM

One of the best teams I have seen in white shirts ever, and that win was the icing on the cake.  Was there and lapped up every minute.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on February 03, 2017, 11:00:14 PM
Word of warning for those who have booked hotels/trains for that day. If we beat Spurs in the cup, that game gets moved to midweek at some stage, and given the way they have treated the cup so far, is a LEGIT possibility
y

First season in the premier league this game was moved ridiculously late to a monday night. Ten of us going , some had booked flights others train tickets which we all lost. There was a massive fuss as fans who had made travel arrangements were justifiably seething, in the end the club layed on a free train which was practically empty. Out of the ten I was the only one who travelled.
Drew 1-1 with Saha scoring off his knee, still took 900 up there which wasnt too shabby.

nose

Oh dear
I completely missed that possibility and i usually check
Well france is where i will be and i will just have to find a tv there and go to the semi final

nose

Quote from: nose on February 04, 2017, 09:39:54 AM

Oh dear
I completely missed that possibility and i usually check
Well france is where i will be and i will just have to find a tv there and go to the semi final

Oh dear its even worse than that.... i will be in england.... it's rotherham away i miss... so the whole thread is a shambbles!!!!
Old and decrepit is what i have truly become.... still if we beat spurs i will now be there.

Willard

We also beat Toon at St James' in 2004. The score was 1- 4 with goals from Collins John, Steed (x2) and Boa Morte. One of Steed's goals was from a penalty...