watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - "Sir" David Beckham

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 04, 2017, 08:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Appears to have the right old hump - and don't mention Katherine Jenkins OBE to him

Twig

Why did you put the Sir parentheses?

Slaphead in Qatar

toshes mate

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 04, 2017, 09:03:39 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 04, 2017, 08:48:37 AM
Not sure what he's done to deserve a knighthood

Services to the war effort against Argentina......

Nero

2 views on this, was the charity work for brand Beckham to get a Knighthood increase his brand value, on the other foot he's got a point what has Andy Murray done to get his won a couple of Tennis matches and he because a Sir

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Nero on February 04, 2017, 09:18:40 AM
2 views on this, was the charity work for brand Beckham to get a Knighthood increase his brand value, on the other foot he's got a point what has Andy Murray done to get his won a couple of Tennis matches and he because a Sir

Murray didn't want it said he was too young,maybe he can give it to the cry baby publicity seeking Beckham.
On the other hand who is going to dish out these worthless gongs anyhow to someone covered from head to toe in hideous body art.Even his dumb wife says he looks like a convict..lol

H4usuallysitting

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 04, 2017, 09:40:02 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 04, 2017, 09:26:53 AM

Murray didn't want it said he was too young,maybe he can give it to the cry baby publicity seeking Beckham.
On the other hand who is going to dish out these worthless gongs anyhow to someone covered from head to toe in hideous body art.Even his dumb wife says he looks like a convict..lol

Even our Local Lolly Pop Lady turned a Knighthood down.

Lol and Hilda.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 04, 2017, 09:43:12 AM

Lol and Hilda.

I was once offered a Knights Hood.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Snibbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 04, 2017, 09:45:48 AM

Lol and Hilda.

That's a brand of condom isn't it?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Snibbo on February 04, 2017, 09:55:37 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 04, 2017, 09:45:48 AM

Lol and Hilda.

That's a brand of condom isn't it?

Yes that could very well be, but I ride bare back.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Not a fan of the honours system. But Andy Murray has WON Wimbledon twice etc and been the World Number 1. Something that a British player hasn't done in many peoples lifetimes. Beckham has not won anything with his Country and has gone to big clubs here and abroad to make money and find success.

As for the charity work, well best to keep that quiet. His 'brand' is not as big as Murray within their own sport. Beyond that it is hard to see what all the fuss is about. The respect for honours I think has long gone.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

I wouldn't give it to either of them or the Lolly Pop Lady it's all a farce as they hardly ever give these honours to the right people anyway, but that's a debate for another Forum. 

Never forget your Roots.

F(f)CUK

Beckham was integral to us getting the Olympics and has been an ambassador for the UK on several occasions.

SP

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 04, 2017, 10:38:50 AM
Beckham was integral to us getting the Olympics and has been an ambassador for the UK on several occasions.

I doubt the kiss & tell story a few years back helped.  From memory, he said he couldn't discuss the allegations made due to the impending court case against her.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 04, 2017, 10:38:50 AM

I agree with you there whole heartedly, you cannot fault him for his ambassador rolls etc, and he is a popular figure. My only dissapointment with him, is his ambition to form a new football club somewhere around Miami I believe.
Whereupon, if he wants to do something like that, wouldn't it be more appropriate to do that in England the home of Football and Gods Country. As this is where his roots are, and where he learnt his football.
But to go back to this Knighthood scenario. Maybe they could compromise and tattoo a gong on whatever space is left on his scarred body, which should satisfy all parties.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 04, 2017, 09:03:39 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 04, 2017, 08:48:37 AM

Because of this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-beckham-raged-being-denied-9754262

Not sure what he's done to deserve a knighthood

Ah ok, living abroad I often miss these more minor local bits of news.  I know that honours are not a popularity contest but for me Andy Murray has done way more to deserve recognition than Beckham and was extremely humble about it all too.

alfie

Why and how does he go publicly seeking?. I see a chap that is in a position to do a lot of good, especially for UNICEF, it's the media that gives out the publicity in the first place.
Anyway not worth an argument over.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Well reading the whole story now,what a horrible attention seeker he is,using kids charity to try and get a knighthood.
Sponsors paid for jet to take him to a charity do with the kids,then he goes and bills unicef for over 6 grand when it been paid for him,snake never liked him or his attention seeking family.

Dodgin

His Desert Island Discs is worth a visit.