more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dignity over Promotion

Started by dannyboi-ffc, February 04, 2017, 05:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on February 05, 2017, 12:07:34 AM
So, let me get this straight. The OP has just said that he'd prefer Fulham to spend another season in the Championship rather than getting promoted.

The qualifications for that statement mean nothing. I do believe I have now seen everything. 

Well, I am afraid that I disagree slightly with the OP. I want Fulham to win promotion this season. I hope saying that wasn't too offensive.

Not offensive at all. But the way Martin is playing and behaving we have every chance of promotion without him. Imo playing someone who doesnt want to be here, doesnt put in anywhere near the effort required because he isnt interested and cannot be trusted due to a conflict of interests after signing a new contract with a direct rival who he will be playing for next season. Yet because we have nobody else we play him through desperation.

Well I put it to you that Fulham have no chance of promotion with or without him. So the ops attitude is not "I dont want promotion" its more "promotion isnt going to happen so I'd rather finish in midtable with dignity rather than finish in midtable with this joke of a professional playing every minute of every game.

Hes the mug, not us yet he earns 28 grand a week and performs like he doesnt care. Its hard to justify that in actual fact we aren't the mugs.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on February 04, 2017, 10:03:35 PM
Sending Martin back would both weaken us and strengthen a direct rival, that was the last thing that should have happened.  I'd be more than happy for him to rot training on his own if Cyriac proves his worth though.

Dont send him back, just dont play him. Dont train him. Dont let him interact with anyone especially the kids. Hes not a good enough role model. Send him to a field at the back of MP and dont even give him a football. Let him bring his own.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

filham

Wow danny boi, can't think of you coming over so strong on anything before but I do agree that we are taking the sucker punch in the Martin affair,
I would have sent him back to Derby at the first hint that he didn't want to play for us and negotiated some payment from Derby for his early return. There would then have been good time to have signed a replacement.

It seems that Jocanovic really wants Martin, and I suppose now , with no other options,we have to support Jocanovic and give him a chance to manage the situation in the hope that Martin will perform.

Must admit though that I would happier to see Martin put on a slow train to Derby with Cauley pulled back home but that is not what our coach thinks is best for the team

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Why should we send him back? We pay his wages, therefore he needs to supply his full service. Personally, I'd have fined him 2 weeks wages and left him in the reserves till the end of the season and then neither us nor Derby would gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on February 05, 2017, 12:27:03 PM
Why should we send him back? We pay his wages, therefore he needs to supply his full service. Personally, I'd have fined him 2 weeks wages and left him in the reserves till the end of the season and then neither us nor Derby would gain.

My thinking is similar. Because I dont want him playing for us does not mean I suggest letting him get his own way. Derby dont deserve him, he doesnt deserve his own way and Fulham fans dont deserve to pay hard earned cash to see his half hearted efforts.

Let him train on his own with no coaches, nowhere near our reserves or youngsters because he is a bad influence. Let him rot.

The only way he can even redeem a portion of respect back is to be amazing week in week out and get us promoted. But imo the dignity we lose isnt worth taking the chance.

Its not right that hes playing and the manager has to take responsibility for keep picking him.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 04, 2017, 06:13:34 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 04, 2017, 06:07:51 PM
im afraid we lost our dignity when he was allowed to play for us again. and some still defend him

I championed him to come here,but when he went on strike I did post that he should have been sent back,who's fault is it that he wasn't, The Manager is to blame he started the mind games with McClaren thinking it would be in our favour,well it hasn't.
As much as we like Slava he has brought this on.
Spot on.
There was no realistic way back to our squad for him.
We should have cut our losses, possibly got part of the loan fee back and gone out early in January and replaced him.
Hugill at PNE or Ward at Rotherham were just two of several options.
But no, we are Fulham, we rarely engage the common sense approach and again we are now paying the penalty for the indecision.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 05, 2017, 01:22:42 PM

My thinking is similar. Because I dont want him playing for us does not mean I suggest letting him get his own way. Derby dont deserve him, he doesnt deserve his own way and Fulham fans dont deserve to pay hard earned cash to see his half hearted efforts.

Let him train on his own with no coaches, nowhere near our reserves or youngsters because he is a bad influence. Let him rot.

The only way he can even redeem a portion of respect back is to be amazing week in week out and get us promoted. But imo the dignity we lose isnt worth taking the chance.

Its not right that hes playing and the manager has to take responsibility for keep picking him.

The team selection is 100% down to Slavisa. Slavisa is nobody's fool and if Martin continues to start games then it has to be because he thinks Martin has something to offer.  Maybe things might change now that Cyriac is in the squad.  We'll just have to,wait and see.

Fulham 442

Quote from: EastEndWhite on February 05, 2017, 06:20:13 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 05, 2017, 01:22:42 PM

The team selection is 100% down to Slavisa. Slavisa is nobody's fool and if Martin continues to start games then it has to be because he thinks Martin has something to offer.  Maybe things might change now that Cyriac is in the squad.  We'll just have to,wait and see.

I agree that Joca must surely be seeing something that we're not.  I don't see commitment/effort from Martin but I just hope that Joca isn't being stubborn in selecting him as he was determined he wouldn't cut his season long loan short.  Personally I would leave him to rot on the sidelines and send him back to Derby at the end of the season.  As it stands it certainly appears that he is taking the proverbial which is hacking us all off no end.  Much as I am glad that Cauley is getting some pitch time with Burton he simply isn't good enough for us.  We're not going to make the play offs this season but thankfully are not sweating over relegation.  I just hope Joca signs a new contract and we have a good transfer window in the summer and can push for automatic promotion without sweating over the playoffs next season.