watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts, your thoughts...

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, February 04, 2017, 05:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

A disappointing result today. Seems like we were turning the heat up second half but I feel we have been way too fragile this season so far. We are great when we are on song but still don't take the points. Too easily knocked off our game. We lack a ruthlessness but are a bloody good team that can beat anybody. The season is far from done but all this "ours to lose" is nonsense. We aren't in the top six. How can it be ours to lose? I'm not downbeat. I think it's still ours to win. We just have to do that. I would love other fans opinions and I'm not sensitive so feel free to rip my thoughts to pieces.

dannyboi-ffc

As you say we are fragile. Nice pretty Fulham who tippy tappy and dont have any killer instinct. We are a good team but not a team of winners. Bit like Arsenal I suppose
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

grandad

Yet again we have been kicked out of a game by a side that are very clever in using a weak ref to their advantage. We had Fredericks given a straight red for his 1st foul of the game whereas several Birmingham players only got yellows or none at all for persistent cynical fouls.
Where there's a will there's a wife

NJFulham

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 04, 2017, 05:40:28 PM
As you say we are fragile. Nice pretty Fulham who tippy tappy and dont have any killer instinct. We are a good team but not a team of winners. Bit like Arsenal I suppose

Or Liverpool under Klopp.

Jonaldiniho 88

I hate to sound repetitive, but Brighton are winning the league? I love Cairney, and if making him captain keeps him at the club then I will shut up, but for me the clear leader on the field is Kmac. We are better in all aspects than Brighton apart from getting over the line. They have done so well. All credit to them but we should be way ahead of them. We don't make a
cynical tackle for years then get a straight red on the half way line. Things are clicking but not where it counts.

We lost a game we could have won. Let's win a game we are expected to lose.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on February 04, 2017, 06:08:21 PM
We lost a game we could have won. Let's win a game we are expected to lose.

I am with you on that, but doubt there is someone that thinks there are games we are expected to lose. As someone sarcastically put on a different thread, every game is a "must" win for different reasons.

RaySmith

It happens so often though- we win a couple and and look great, and everyone says how brilliant we are, then lose against physical, hard running side, prepared to battle.

Whatever the reason , it seems we  aren't consistent enough to  go up, it galls me to say.
Teams above us, like Huddersfield and Reading , whom we've  thrashed, have an ability to grind out results, and consistency,which we don't seem to have.

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: RaySmith on February 04, 2017, 06:23:23 PM
It happens so often though- we win a couple and and look great, and everyone says how brilliant we are, then lose against physical, hard running side, prepared to battle.

Whatever the reason , it seems we  aren't consistent enough to  go up, it galls me to say.
Teams above us, like Huddersfield and Reading , whom we've  thrashed, have an ability to grind out results, and consistency,which we don't seem to have.

Coincidentally, Reading dropped points against a team we've played and beat today and Huddersfield are playing Leeds tomorrow so at least one of those teams is gonna drop points.

RaySmith

But H/field and Reading have managed to stay up there in the top 6, despite predictions to the contrary.

andyk

It's the home form, early season, which has cost us.
Only 5 wins all season ( we've won 6 away). We have got it together lately, but we will, probably, have to win all our remaining home games to have any chance and I can't see that happening. Even if we do make the play offs, this team, this season has shown that when the pressure is on, they fold.
I do think we can mount a serious promotion charge next season, though, if the improvement continues. We are close to very good.

The Old Count

Good post and spot on as to where we are. What  do we need to do - what sort of player do we need to add to toughen up where we grind out results against 'Beast Teams' like Birmingham.

Lighthouse

Mildly repetitive. We are what we are. We can be knocked off our game. When we are on our game we don't always push home the advantage. Ultimately that is the difference between being a good side to watch and a successful side.

We keep having fans say Joka will walk because of lack of backing. Joka has a game plan and when it works it is fine. But I have yet to see a way to play well without the cheat up front. My biggest fear other than the manager is what we do in the Summer. To get to where we are now will be a big investment. Something we have failed to do by careful investment in the past. Spending 12 million on one player without support has been what we have done in the past. Now we don't seem to want to invest at all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

think sometimes we need to launch it look and get the ball into the oppositions half then start playing, also a centre forward that wants to play would help after seeing Assambolongo this even why didnt we go for him

filham

Tough physical teams now know how to play against our attractive short passing game, we have seen that more than once,
Teams that lose and fail to score against the likes of Birmingham are not made for promotion, some adjustment is needed to the Fulham game plan and the question has to be asked is our attractive style capable of surviving a season of Championship football.

toshes mate

Quote from: grandad on February 04, 2017, 05:47:04 PM
Yet again we have been kicked out of a game by a side that are very clever in using a weak ref to their advantage. We had Fredericks given a straight red for his 1st foul of the game whereas several Birmingham players only got yellows or none at all for persistent cynical fouls.

The best analysis not just of this game but of football as it is now I have read anywhere.  Thanks, grandad, you and me both understand why we are not doing better.