more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Possible lack of leadership

Started by FulhamStu, February 11, 2017, 08:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: nose on February 11, 2017, 10:52:47 AM
i cannot agree with the critic of cairney.
we have done better with him as a captain than when parker was on the pitch and cairney's game has improved IMO when he is captain. he takes it seriously and shows more maturity when in the role.

i agree he does not compare with the names listed above but i think he does a better job than is being stated AND the team is playing really well, they play as a team and work realy really hard but what he can't do is make them what they are not, only the board could have done that by brining in a few more players with more combative attributes. we just do not have that. before the window i did suggest we needed a couple of tough guys to impose themselves. not everyone thought the same.

Maybe giving him the Captains arm band gives him the freedom to express himself on the pitch, lead by example and setting the bar high for his team mates to follow ?

If thats what gets the best out of him then fine and I don't subscribe to the idea that all Captains should be of the Dave Mackay or Alan Mullery type either.

But if you are going to have a quiet leader (because that works as well) who is respected you need team mates of character and leaders throughout the squad, and we don't appear to have that.

So I'm not having at dig at Cairney, just the make up of the squad and the lack of leadership on the pitch.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice link=topic=58102.msg838980#msg838980 date=1486810 Cairney, fine player, but a joke as Captain.
/quote]
I suggested this a few weeks ago and got slated!
Finally,  the Penny drops.

Quality player, awful Captain. Too quiet, too invisible as a Captain.
Hope Martin not in squad today. Players need to stand up and be seen!
Fancy a cheeky 5-6 goals to FFC today.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"