thrilled

Started by nose, February 12, 2017, 12:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Dear All,

i was thrilled
a last minute last kick of the game winner makes the weekend a better place

The Nose

PS and then as the evening wore on I got this overwhelming sense of unappiness of what might have been. and I came back to the feeling i had at the game at HT when we were 2 1 down. We should have invested in the last transfer window. we all know that, and if we all know that why did the owner sit on his hands. None of us know what was in his mind because it seems to me either he is really not interested and wants us to fail, but somehow I do not really believe that. Or the team he has under him are totally hopeless, which they self evidently are, so why does he keep them?

None of it makes any sense.

we are so close to succeding, so very close, why risk  throwing it away

Bed time

Woolly Mammoth

Goodnight, but as you lay your head on your pillow.
Savour the moment of that dramatic last minute winner. Something to behold. Worth the admission fee, pure theatre.
Of course you are correct, despite Joks best efforts, this club are not going anywhere, unless there is a dramatic turn around in the Chairmans aspirations and intentions. The only way it's going to happen if there is a change of ownership, and a football Chairman who supports football, and who is committed to getting us back to the Premier League.
In the meantime the men in white coats are on their way to their destination, but who for, that is the question.
Nevertheless, it was an important victory and keeps us in the hunt.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Agree to be honest.

After the elation of the win wore off, the reality is that we scraped a win over the second from bottom team. The forest game is not a definate win for us - I wouldn't be surprised if we only got a draw against them.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 12, 2017, 05:40:36 AM
Agree to be honest.

After the elation of the win wore off, the reality is that we scraped a win over the second from bottom team. The forest game is not a definate win for us - I wouldn't be surprised if we only got a draw against them.

This is the championship, not the Premier League. Anyone can beat anyone on their day, and their is no pre-destined right for anyone to have a 'definite win'. We showed guts today, pulling it out the bag when it mattered with 2 great goals. A 3-2 last minute winner earns the same number of points as a 5-0 demolition. I'd be happy if we scraped wins over anyone, so long as we're still in the hunt.

Sure we may not beat Forest, but we have every chance, and given the past few seasons I'm more than glad about that.

hovewhite

Im not worried about going up,if it happens then great,i am enjoying the football though and thats what i pay for.

filham

Well lets be honest we have to be happy with a last gasp winner like that but what were we all thinking with a minute to go.
Here we were facing defeat in the face at the Cottage by a team fighting in the relegation zone. Yes I was asking questions about the striker and how on earth we came to be using a player who has made it clear he doesn't want to be with us.

I was also wondering how long we were going to accept Jocanovic's tactics which are nice to watch and shows off the talents of a lot of our players but is failing to give us results. Teams with less talented players are getting better results.
The result means that these questions can be deferred, but a couple of bad results and a fall to the lower half of the table with a top six finish out of sight and the questions will surface again.

I really hope we succeed with Jocanovic's style of play but there are a number of teams with a more direct style doing better than us.