News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How realistic is automatic promotion next season?

Started by Aaron, February 11, 2017, 10:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

If Jok does leave, then we know who to blame. Also the fact that Jok doesn't have the final say, and administrators do, shows how out of touch Khan and his cronies are, and if they have to look for a replacement, then due to carrying on having administrators administrating the new signings, then we will never get the best managers applying, who in their right mind would.
So until we get rid of the non footballing absent distant uninterested Khan, and Khans son, and Khans sons best mate. Fulham FC will not progress to the Premier League. In fact the likelihood and possibility is that we could actually go back woods.
So the sooner Fulham have an owner and his staff who are actually football people, and have the aspirations, ambitions and commitment to mirror what the supporters wish to achieve, then Fulham could be a long while in the doldrums.
Because there is a catalyst for any problems that are created within this club, and that catylist is the current owner and his naive amateur non footballing advisors, who seem to be more than satisfied with the club treading water and ticking along, nothing more than that, the who issue stinks like a skunks underwear.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 13, 2017, 01:18:25 PM
If Jok does leave, then we know who to blame. Also the fact that Jok doesn't have the final say, and administrators do, shows how out of touch Khan and his cronies are, and if they have to look for a replacement, then due to carrying on having administrators administrating the new signings, then we will never get the best managers applying, who in their right mind would.
So until we get rid of the non footballing absent distant uninterested Khan, and Khans son, and Khans sons best mate. Fulham FC will not progress to the Premier League. In fact the likelihood and possibility is that we could actually go back woods.
So the sooner Fulham have an owner and his staff who are actually football people, and have the aspirations, ambitions and commitment to mirror what the supporters wish to achieve, then Fulham could be a long while in the doldrums.
Because there is a catalyst for any problems that are created within this club, and that catylist is the current owner and his naive amateur non footballing advisors, who seem to be more than satisfied with the club treading water and ticking along, nothing more than that, the who issue stinks like a skunks underwear.
We gave final say to Jol and look at the team he built?

toshes mate

MJG

The January window problem was caused by the ineptitude of the Summer window in not replacing both Dembele and McCormack with players of equal quality.  Martin was the desperate move at the last and yet how many players did SJ watch during that window knowing his selections were crucial to a promotion shove?  When some transfer work and others don't in a fourteen player binge that is to be expected just like any shopping binge but I don't believe SJ wanted a binge he wanted a wise choice out of the selections he made.  It failed at its most difficult edge - a striker - since the good ones are like gold dust.  Likewise in January when it was even more likely that punting for glory would be a huge risk.  The Board are risk scared because of what happened pre-Jokanovic and that is their problem and not his.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on February 13, 2017, 01:38:11 PM
MJG

The January window problem was caused by the ineptitude of the Summer window in not replacing both Dembele and McCormack with players of equal quality.  Martin was the desperate move at the last and yet how many players did SJ watch during that window knowing his selections were crucial to a promotion shove?  When some transfer work and others don't in a fourteen player binge that is to be expected just like any shopping binge but I don't believe SJ wanted a binge he wanted a wise choice out of the selections he made.  It failed at its most difficult edge - a striker - since the good ones are like gold dust.  Likewise in January when it was even more likely that punting for glory would be a huge risk.  The Board are risk scared because of what happened pre-Jokanovic and that is their problem and not his.
I still think Martin (the player not person) was a good signing at the end of the window. A seasoned expereinced striker in this league. Fitted well to the system of mobile midfielders.
yes we were at least one more sort and we all agree with that (unless your a massive Smith or Woodrow fan).
I raised this with a senior person at the club regarding shortness of strikers and their reply is that Ayite, kebano, Piazon and now Cyric are all ones who can play there.
I disagree that what i meant to him, I would have prefered another out and out striker, but that's what he said.

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on February 13, 2017, 01:23:11 PM
Solid point, but I'd rather Jol doing our transfers than Tony Khan or Craig Kline. At least he has a bit of experience in football.

Essentially, those currently recruiting players for Slav are inexperienced and incompetent, unless they are replaced I could see Slav leaving. He is has stated he frustration and the club has seemingly not even acknowledged any wrong doing. This is what worries me.
C O Y W

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on February 13, 2017, 01:44:17 PM
MJG

I still think Martin (the player not person) was a good signing at the end of the window. A seasoned expereinced striker in this league. Fitted well to the system of mobile midfielders.
yes we were at least one more sort and we all agree with that (unless your a massive Smith or Woodrow fan).
I raised this with a senior person at the club regarding shortness of strikers and their reply is that Ayite, kebano, Piazon and now Cyric are all ones who can play there.
I disagree that what i meant to him, I would have prefered another out and out striker, but that's what he said.

This is not a statement trying to open you out but SJ said, as has been regularly repeated here, at the end of the window, 'it was a 'good window' meaning his plan was to have Martin up front and playing well.  Meanwhile, let us accept, someone in the transfer team had indicated or inferred to Martin at some point during those last minute deal agreeing moments that he would be returned to Derby or signed by Fulham in January, I am presuming the latter.   In other words Martin was in a win-win situation and could afford to take things as they came.  His introduction to the team was not especially commendable and not until October did we start to wring out results showing we were becoming a class act if without consistency.   That was also the time McClaren returns to Derby and Martin now has his hopes renewed he will get back to Derby soon and so he continues to take no playing risks knowing Fulham will return him to Derby (because that was already implied or inferred in August).   

The rest is what it is but it was what was inferred or implied during the dealings between Fulham's transfer team and Martin, not SJ, who could have been fed several different stories about the situation depending upon who he asked, that has caused the damage.  That is not the way to conduct transfer business since it is amateurish in an almost schoolboy sense and indicates a lack of nous by those who are on the transfer team.

Woolly Mammoth

:kettle pot:
Because there is a catalyst for any problems that are created within this club, and that catylist is the current owner and his naive amateur non footballing advisors, who seem to be more than satisfied with the club treading water and ticking along, nothing more than that, the whole issue stinks like a skunks underwear.

Two wrongs do not make it right. The appointment of Jol was not the best decision and and not the best judgement. But better him than Khans men.
What Khans men know about football and players you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: MJG on February 13, 2017, 11:44:32 AM
Quote from: nose on February 13, 2017, 11:35:33 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 13, 2017, 10:14:44 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 13, 2017, 10:08:55 AM
We have flattered to deceive. At times lovely football. Great to watch. But with little end product. The coach has his great points but in the system at the club. I am not sold on him being the saviour everybody else seems to think he is. Not involved in transfers, a coach is a coach. If he goes, he goes and IT WILL be a great shame. However we need to rectify the problems we have on the pitch.

It reminds me of the season we were relegated. We all knEw what we need to improve us. However the club cannot seem to even supply the right players in January. January as a window might as well not exist.  Big Summer coming up.Minimum needed, Forward or two first. Central defender second. Hope to keep our better players third. HOPEFULLY with the same coach. But what sort of coach will come with our odd system in transfers?
The same type of one who is already here and knew the system was in place anyway.

Not being funny MJG but do you really believe he totally understood what was going to happen?
You heard his frustration in August, his comments after the Hull game. All that suggests if feels he has not been supported and that the board have intefered and lack ambition.

He surely could not have expected such a counterproductive way of doing things?

I accept a manager coming in new will know what to expect for sure and that will limit the choices we have when joca goes.
Well he should have known and bottomed it out when he signed.
He's used to this type of system where he does not have final say. We all understood that a manager/coach would not have final say and that was before he joined.

Sorry to come back to this and I know you are being persued by others on this thread...

but I agree he will have understood some things but clearly not others. I think what we are doing or rather have not done this time will have been quite a shock, he could not possibly have realised what he was about to face. No need to respond to this, I am, as well as many other totally bemused by what the management of the club actually want and expect. I will touch on a team matter elsewhere ad be interested in your thoughts.

nose

Quote from: MJG on February 13, 2017, 01:44:17 PM
MJG

I thought Martin was a good signing when it happened and my son said I would like him. But having seen him I have generally been underwhelmed for whatever reason. But I am not in the hysterical hate mob after his blood that seems to be in some threads.

The players the club officila mentionsed are indeed all players that can fill in if needed but are not a physical prescence capable of holding the ball and being a force in the box when crosses come in, even chelsea have costa and arsenal giroud.....  shame your words were ignored

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 13, 2017, 02:36:29 PM
:kettle pot:
Because there is a catalyst for any problems that are created within this club, and that catylist is the current owner and his naive amateur non footballing advisors, who seem to be more than satisfied with the club treading water and ticking along, nothing more than that, the whole issue stinks like a skunks underwear.

Two wrongs do not make it right. The appointment of Jol was not the best decision and and not the best judgement. But better him than Khans men.
What Khans men know about football and players you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

no they couldn't! That imples they know something

nose

I keep thinking that when warburton left the Bs they were on the up but he refused to work with the transfer policy based on analytics.   they have gone backwards since he left.

joca could go for the same reason in my opinion, and the same will happen to us.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on February 13, 2017, 04:35:50 PM
We have flattered to deceive. At times lovely football. Great to watch. But with little end product. The coach has his great points but in the system at the club. I am not sold on him being the saviour everybody else seems to think he is. Not involved in transfers, a coach is a coach. If he goes, he goes and IT WILL be a great shame. However we need to rectify the problems we have on the pitch.

It reminds me of the season we were relegated. We all knEw what we need to improve us. However the club cannot seem to even supply the right players in January. January as a window might as well not exist.  Big Summer coming up.Minimum needed, Forward or two first. Central defender second. Hope to keep our better players third. HOPEFULLY with the same coach. But what sort of coach will come with our odd system in transfers?
The same type of one who is already here and knew the system was in place anyway.

Not being funny MJG but do you really believe he totally understood what was going to happen?
You heard his frustration in August, his comments after the Hull game. All that suggests if feels he has not been supported and that the board have intefered and lack ambition.

I accept a manager coming in new will know what to expect for sure and that will limit the choices we have when joca goes.
He's used to this type of system where he does not have final say. We all understood that a manager/coach would not have final say and that was before he joined.

Sorry to come back to this and I know you are being persued by others on this thread...

Being pursued by others did you say nose. It's worse than that. There is a whole Possee following him, two days ride behind.

Never forget your Roots.

callumc513

With Jokanović, we'd be one of the favourites to go up. Without him, no chance.

Carborundum

It's going to be difficult.  A couple of the relegated teams will be right up there.  Aston Villa, Norwich, Leeds, Wednesday, Derby .... at least four of those five will still be in the Championship.

But it is feasible. 

davew

Quote from: Carborundum on February 13, 2017, 11:07:45 PM
It's going to be difficult.  A couple of the relegated teams will be right up there.  Aston Villa, Norwich, Leeds, Wednesday, Derby .... at least four of those five will still be in the Championship.

But it is feasible. 

Agreed no not the bit about going up sorry, without SJ (he won't be here with us next season) or our most valued best players Cairney and Sess, we have absolutely no chance of automatic promotion next season!! Our guardian (so he said at the time....lol), can play an important part, but up until now has chosen not to, he will be remembered for the wrong reasons!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: nose on February 13, 2017, 04:43:51 PM
I keep thinking that when warburton left the Bs they were on the up but he refused to work with the transfer policy based on analytics.   they have gone backwards since he left.

joca could go for the same reason in my opinion, and the same will happen to us.

I always thought that was a bit of double standards from Warburton considering he was a DOF at the club prior to being the manager.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 13, 2017, 05:36:49 PM
Quote from: nose on February 13, 2017, 04:35:50 PM

Being pursued by others did you say nose. It's worse than that. There is a whole Possee following him, two days ride behind.
Bring it on