more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in Derby player dropped

Started by fulhamben, February 14, 2017, 06:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Quote from: davew on February 14, 2017, 07:13:29 PM
I wonder how far Cyriac was down the list of potential striker signings, 100 + maybe?

Give the guy a break.  I'm sure SJ wants to ease him in.

davew

Quote from: The Old Count on February 14, 2017, 07:34:49 PM
I wonder how far Cyriac was down the list of potential striker signings, 100 + maybe?

Ok will do, it's not his fault he has joined us. Perhaps I am too impatient and critical, the guy hasn't done anything wrong yet, anything spectacular or in fact anything at all so far. Unfortunately we don't have time to see if players are good enough to play in our league. We need instant results, now!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Old Count

Quote from: davew on February 14, 2017, 07:42:31 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on February 14, 2017, 07:34:49 PM

Ok will do, it's not his fault he has joined us. Perhaps I am too impatient and critical, the guy hasn't done anything wrong yet, anything spectacular or in fact anything at all so far. Unfortunately we don't have time to see if players are good enough to play in our league. We need instant results, now!!

Dave. I appreciate the frustration. We've crapped it up.  He's a decent player but he ain't used to the pace and physicality of this league.  He needs to be acclimatised.  We should have bought someone who could slot in straight away.  I reckon he'll be brilliant for us but probably too late.

Madman Maddle

Quote from: Madman Maddle on February 14, 2017, 07:15:35 PM
However, playing without a learned striker is still a less terrible decision than benching Madl. Odds are it will cost us again.

I don't like to quote myself, but odds have proven me right much earlier than I expected.

Jokane's bad decisions have cost us on many occasions already, even though most in here won't like to admit it.

Edit: At least Jokane had the balls to man up and admit his mistake early on.

king of Cheese

Quote from: Madman Maddle on February 14, 2017, 08:01:20 PM
Quote from: Madman Maddle on February 14, 2017, 07:15:35 PM
However, playing without a learned striker is still a less terrible decision than benching Madl. Odds are it will cost us again.

I don't like to quote myself, but odds have proven me right much earlier than I expected.

Jokane's bad decisions have cost us on many occasions already, even though most in here won't like to admit it.

Edit: At least Jokane had the balls to man up and admit his mistake early on.

I am sorry but if I was reading this forum for the first time I would think that many on here only started supporting Fulham this season. If you bench mark the last five seasons we are flying at the moment.

Madman Maddle

Quote from: king of Cheese on February 14, 2017, 08:47:38 PM
I am sorry but if I was reading this forum for the first time I would think that many on here only started supporting Fulham this season. If you bench mark the last five seasons we are flying at the moment.

I also like the way we play under Jokane. Who doesn't? But you can't deny that we've failed to win games against our direct promotion rivals, missing out on the big points. We should aim higher than that. Winning the fair weather award for posession % isn't cutting it. We can't grind out the most important wins. Even if we'd somehow sneak into the playoffs, we lack the necessary toughness to grind it out.

millsy

Of our promotion rivals we've beaten Newcastle, Preston & Barnsley and not just beaten but thrashed both Huddersfield and Reading.

Of course, the two muggings by Brighton were extremely costly I think it's the points dropped to clearly weaker sides like Villa, Wolves, Birmingham, QPR and Bristol that will be seen to have irrevocably damaged our play-off hopes this season.

Shame but if we can keep the nucleus of this team and add some key components early in the summer, we should hit the ground running next season and hopefully justify our potential.

Woolly Mammoth

Out of the fifteen remaining League matches, realistically we need to win at least ten and at least draw the rest, seems fairly simple really.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 15, 2017, 06:02:57 AM
Out of the fifteen remaining League matches, realistically we need to win at least ten and at least draw the rest, seems fairly simple really.

Dont think thats going to happen tbh. We've strated leaking against pony sides, and I think the better sides will be taking advantage. A shame but I think we'll finish right where we are, which is a real bummer as a couple of the teams in the playoffs are headscratchingly bang average.

westcliff white

Quote from: Madman Maddle on February 14, 2017, 09:04:09 PM
Quote from: king of Cheese on February 14, 2017, 08:47:38 PM

I also like the way we play under Jokane. Who doesn't? But you can't deny that we've failed to win games against our direct promotion rivals, missing out on the big points. We should aim higher than that. Winning the fair weather award for posession % isn't cutting it. We can't grind out the most important wins. Even if we'd somehow sneak into the playoffs, we lack the necessary toughness to grind it out.

Actually what has cost us a place right now in the play offs is our early season form against teams that wer ein the bottom 8 when we played them
Every day is a Fulham day