https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in Derby player dropped

Started by fulhamben, February 14, 2017, 06:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

But we have no striker starting
Button odoi sig Ream sess Mcdonald cairney Johanssen piazon Aluko ayite
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Subs Betts Malone madl Parker Kebano Cyriac Derby player

fulhamben

I find it extremely strange that piazon starts over Cyriac or Kebano but at least the derby player has finally been dropped. Tonight's the night we finally go above Derby coyws

Woolly Mammoth

I also find it very strange. There has to be a cunning plan.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Abbotsbury White

Ayite up front ,could be interesting-  and Piazon filling Ayite's place as he done for ACN,although TBH would have preferred Cyriac and Ayite playing,I feel a bit emperor's clothes re Piazon and probably goes against the popular view but I dont really see what he gives us?
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Neil D

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2017, 06:54:07 PM
We have no striker among the replacements either. I also find it very strange. There has to be a cunning plan.
It may be cunning but also unsettling.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Neil D on February 14, 2017, 06:56:55 PM
We have no striker among the replacements either. I also find it very strange. There has to be a cunning plan.

Yes I understand. Maybe Jok is reading their minds and expects them to set their stall out for Mr Martin. Now their defence has no front holding man to pick up, which will create space behind them, because this will draw their central defenders higher up the pitch, and maybe just maybe
Our pace will exploit them.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Confusion is what it gives forest,and resyt of us.
What it gives is 100% team ethic.

hovewhite

Bassey the warrior

Thought Madl played well and didn't deserve to be dropped.

davew

Obviously Cyriac isn't fancied (yet), I really wonder why we bothered to sign him? We needed an impact player/striker didn't we or am I mistaken in thinking we were trying to make the play offs?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

I wonder how far Cyriac was down the list of potential striker signings, 100 + maybe?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2017, 07:02:06 PM
Quote from: Neil D on February 14, 2017, 06:56:55 PM

Yes I understand. Maybe Jok is reading their minds and expects them to set their stall out for Mr Martin. Now their defence has no front holding man to pick up, which will create space behind them, because this will draw their central defenders higher up the pitch, and maybe just maybe
Our pace will exploit them.
0001.jpeg
I think this is likely.
Bet they fully expected Derby boy and this will be a challenge to how they can adapt at late notice.  We also have good attacking speed on the bench - I'm looking forwa d to this
COYSW

Madman Maddle

The decision to bench Madl, especially with Kalas injured, is inexcusable! Because of such obviously stupid decisions I won't be sad at all when Jokane leaves in the summer, even though I like his personality and his play style in general. Sigurdsson is physical, but a bit stiff. I think he can succeed in the Championship, but only alongside a quick partner who can play out of the back with confidence. If the Reds are smart enough to pressure Sigurdsson-Ream early and put a man on McDonald, it will be a very long day for us.

Anything right now is better than Chris Martin leading the line. I'd have thrown "Zoro" Cyriac into the fire just for the fact he is a natural striker and finisher, unlike Aluko or Piazon. However, playing without a learned striker is still a less terrible decision than benching Madl. Odds are it will cost us again.

ffccornwall

According to the offal, Madl is playing.

westcliff white

Apart from the two sub appearances he has made have you seen Cyriac play?

I saw him play for Anderlecht a few years back, I lived over in Belgium for 3 years and took in a lot of games in Belgium and Holland. In my opinion it will take him time to adapt from what is a very average league, he has pace to burn but his all-round play may not be at the level required for the championship just yet.

Kebano I am more surprised about, although he isn't a striker he can play there, he has been here longer but maybe having just come back from the AFCON, SJ feels Piazon having done the forward role for a couple of games is better suited
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

Quote from: davew on February 14, 2017, 07:13:29 PM
I wonder how far Cyriac was down the list of potential striker signings, 100 + maybe?

Think the list then went

101 Humphries
102 Woodrow
103 Smith

westcliff white

Quote from: ffccornwall on February 14, 2017, 07:23:01 PM
the twitter team sheet has Siggurdon on it
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

Quote from: westcliff white on February 14, 2017, 07:29:54 PM
Quote from: ffccornwall on February 14, 2017, 07:23:01 PM
the twitter team sheet has Siggurdon on it

Button, Odoi, Madl, Sigurdsson, Sessegnon, McDonald, Johansen, Aluko, Cairney, Piazon, Ayité. on fulham web pregaps we can decide or trying to confuse forest, martin might appear in a minute

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on February 14, 2017, 07:11:46 PM
Obviously Cyriac isn't fancied (yet), I really wonder why we bothered to sign him? We needed an impact player/striker didn't we or am I mistaken in thinking we were trying to make the play offs?

I think we were all mistaken on that one

Never forget your Roots.