more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did McCormack touch the ball?

Started by MikeW, February 14, 2017, 09:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2017, 08:06:28 AM
Quite believe what a friend said to me at the game last night that Ross made the worst decision ever leaving us,and he knows it.
His game has gone to pot since he left us,and regardless of the reasons he left he was happy here..
Grass isn't always greener.

No it is not, not even a blade of grass, more a barron desert.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 15, 2017, 11:16:09 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2017, 08:19:00 AM
As I said in the Summer when he went I felt there was more to the transfer to Villa than we know.
Andy Lonergan stated twice at the time that Ross was happy and loved the club.
Was he forced into the transfer to get us the money,and we have been told and made to believe otherwise.
As for abuse last night I whipped round and told a guy couple rows back who was mouthing off about why Ross let's his boy still wear a Fulham top..What a idiot.

He had a contract with us. He could have said that he would not leave. He chose to take up the offer of a new contract elsewhere which players do to enhance their career or because they will get more money.

Contracts mean nothing,we don't know what goes on about transfers.
I give him the benefit of the doubt,as why would Andy Lonerghan lie about Ross loving the club..

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2017, 11:47:08 AM
As I said in the Summer when he went I felt there was more to the transfer to Villa than we know.
Was he forced into the transfer to get us the money,and we have been told and made to believe otherwise.
As for abuse last night I whipped round and told a guy couple rows back who was mouthing off about why Ross let's his boy still wear a Fulham top..What a idiot.

He had a contract with us. He could have said that he would not leave. He chose to take up the offer of a new contract elsewhere which players do to enhance their career or because they will get more money.

I give him the benefit of the doubt,as why would Andy Lonerghan lie about Ross loving the club..
In the end he asked to leave first day of training 'quotes directly from him are available' but not a reason to boo him

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on February 15, 2017, 11:51:32 AM

In the end he asked to leave first day of training 'quotes directly from him are available' but not a reason to boo him

But he might have asked to leave for a reason other than we know,and not as some say chasing the buck.
As I've said I believe Andy Lonerghan before anyone.

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2017, 11:55:47 AM

But he might have asked to leave for a reason other than we know,and not as some say chasing the buck.
Not disputing what Andy said or even if Ross's reason was money.
Just clarifying it was his choice on the first day of training to go to Slav and say no thanks I want to leave for whatever reason he had in his mind that has now led him to be a 12m misfit on loan at Forest.

Mince n Tatties

I remember Slava saying he wanted to build team around him..Has anyone ever wondered that Ross maybe found out we weren't going to spend money on the right players in the Summer window and
January as well,or in fact ever again.

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2017, 12:00:10 PM
I remember Slava saying he wanted to build team around him..Has anyone ever wondered that Ross maybe found out we weren't going to spend money on the right players in the Summer window and
January as well,or in fact ever again.
Well we spent (net,gross who gives a sod) £20m on a bunch of players who have turned out to be the right ones bar maybe 2 of them.
So your right maybe at just, before 9am on first day of training he found that out and decided I'm off.

Or maybe he did want to chase the buck, has anyone thought that? Mean its not like he doesn't have form on that.

Lighthouse

As much as I would like to blame Ross for leaving and chasing the money. If he did. The fact is he has been a successful Championship player, scoring goals in every season. He has been unfortunate that the teams he has been in have been average to poor. The argument is that may be down to him. However his age makes it unlikely he would go to the Prem so why not chase the dosh. His lack of fitness may well be a reaction to the fact that he always joins sides on the slide.

Without him we would have been in big trouble. His frustration must be what he could have done in better sides.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Although I never really liked his attitudes or his application in a number of matches, and he does look so unfit, but an athlete he ain't anyway.
But I would never boo him, or anyone else for that matter. Although in a moment of weakness I did surcumb to booing Felix Wolfgang Magath when he was born. Even the midwife slapped his mother.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Asked to leave? Nobody gets asked to leave. They can simply refuse, train and their salary will still appear in their bank account.

If there isn't an offer from another club the best the club can do is tell the player that there is no future for them. But we had just offered McCormack a new contract and the manager said that McCormack was the focal point of the team so how do you explain that reversal?

McCormack has a record of moving regularly.

Yes, people say they are happy in their job but if someone come along and offers more money elsewhere they frequently move on.

Yes, there may be other reasons for moving. He may think that claret and blue better suits his complexion or that the Motspur Park canteen menu had changed and his favourite meal had been dropped.

You are having to make your story more complicated and to rely on speculation. The simple story that he asked to move and took up an offer of more money seems a lot more plausible.

Quote from: Statto on February 15, 2017, 11:40:41 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 15, 2017, 11:24:36 AM
Quote from: Statto on February 15, 2017, 08:08:22 AM
Disappointed to hear him getting (albeit minor) abuse. He did a fantastic job for us, kept us up for two years, got us the best possible deal when he left, always showed respect to our fans and still gets on well with a number of our current players. compare that to his strike partner Dembele for example - total oppposite

I agree he was poor and we sold at the right time However. Looked a shadow of the player we had. The free kick he balooned over would have gone in last season. I'm amazed how villa have let him get so fat so quickly. Shows how rotten things are there right now. They're in free fall and could even go down

Some might see things differently:  Dembele challenged himself with a move to a club playing in the Champions League where he has significantly improved his performances and is now attracting attention of PL clubs while McCormack gave up a contract with us that he got improved by going on strike, took a step backwards to a club in turmoil for yet more money, put on weight, made no impact and has now been loaned out to a club in an even worse position.

Let's be clear, Dembele went to play in a weaker league. He may look better relative to the weaker players now opposing him but I've not seen any evidence his performances have actually improved. And he was attracting PL interest already. Have you forgotten about Spurs' bid? Not that any of that is relevant because I was talking about what they gave our club, not how well they've each served their own self-interest since leaving. McCormack gave us 40+ goals, 20+ assists and £12m. Dembele less than half that and £300k. That's why you don't boo McCormack

I didn't boo McCormack.

I just do not understand why some are getting all dewy eyed about McCormack who asked to leave us after going on strike for a new contract for yet more money elsewhere.

Dembele completed his contract with us and so had a choice about where he would go next. Why didn't Spurs offer him a contract then? I am judging him on the performances I saw in the Champions League which looked much better than I saw from himlast year.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 15, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Asked to leave? Nobody gets asked to leave. They can simply refuse, train and their salary will still appear in their bank account.

If there isn't an offer from another club the best the club can do is tell the player that there is no future for them. But we had just offered McCormack a new contract and the manager said that McCormack was the focal point of the team so how do you explain that reversal?

Yes, people say they are happy in their job but if someone come along and offers more money elsewhere they frequently move on.

Yes, there may be other reasons for moving. He may think that claret and blue better suits his complexion or that the Motspur Park canteen menu had changed and his favourite meal had been dropped.

You are having to make your story more complicated and to rely on speculation. The simple story that he asked to move and took up an offer of more money seems a lot more plausible.

Speculation, your the one speculating,how do you know a manager or board doesn't ask someone to leave for a reason to benefit a club.
As I've said before I've spoken go Andy Lonerghan and I take what he says as the truth,not what you've read in The Guardian.As for being dewy eyed over Ross I don't think so he gone and want be back,so means nothing to me.
But I was brought up to always give folks the benefit of the doubt until fully proved otherwise.
Like I've said I take Andy's word what Ross thought of the club.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: MJG on February 15, 2017, 08:13:34 AM
Disappointed to hear him getting (albeit minor) abuse. He did a fantastic job for us, kept us up for two years, got us the best possible deal when he left, always showed respect to our fans and still gets on well with a number of our current players. compare that to his strike partner Dembele for example - total oppposite

I agree he was poor and we sold at the right time However. Looked a shadow of the player we had. The free kick he balooned over would have gone in last season. I'm amazed how villa have let him get so fat so quickly. Shows how rotten things are there right now. They're in free fall and could even go down

Is it Villa who let him get fat or own personal attitude?

Daily Sneer

"Red-Top Shock, Horror. Fat-man is a professional footballer".

Puskas, Maradona, Jan Molby, Willie 'Fatty' Foulke to name just a few and of course not forgetting Nottingham Forest legend – no not McCormack – but John Robertson, who Brian Clough called "our little fat guy who is a genius".

I wanna be fat-boy just like these useless footballers.

049:gif

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2017, 01:19:13 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 15, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Speculation, your the one speculating,how do you know a manager or board doesn't ask someone to leave for a reason to benefit a club.
As I've said before I've spoken go Andy Lonerghan and I take what he says as the truth,not what you've read in The Guardian.As for being dewy eyed over Ross I don't think so he gone and want be back,so means nothing to me.
But I was brought up to always give folks the benefit of the doubt until fully proved otherwise.
Like I've said I take Andy's word what Ross thought of the club.

I am basing my view on what has been reported. Take that most trustworthy of sources, the Daily Mail, with quotes from Jokanovic:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3725287/Fulham-boss-Slavisa-Jokanovic-admits-losing-star-striker-Ross-McCormack-Aston-Villa-killer-eve-season.html

Or the Birmingham Mail:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-ross-mccormack-part-12063559

Sure, McCormack has said he liked it here, as reported in the announcements his departure on the official Fulham web siite, but he still he chose to move on as he has in the past.

Building some 'alternative facts' on McCormack saying he liked it here whilst ignoring what else has been said like "wanting a new challenge" is speculating to say it politely or post-truth in reality.

Bill2

Don't recall any abuse for Ross or Patsim yesterday. As for his game hardly noticed him, but that is not unusual for him, remember when we played Leeds he was particularly ineffective.

nose

there was booing for ross every time he came near the JH or touched the ball, which wasn't that often