more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great news for English football

Started by f321ffc, February 16, 2017, 02:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Sports News HQ‏ @SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Referee Mark Clatenburg to quit the @premierleague for position in Saudi Arabia. #SSNHQ
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Woolly Mammoth

Money talks.
But if the truth was known, he has probably gone for the Olive Oil, and I do not mean Popeye's girlfriend. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ToodlesMcToot

Good for him. It's a thankless job by and large. Might as well go and get paid as much as possible for doing it. Good get for the Saudi league.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Supermitch

Hardly great news - our best referee by far.  Not surprised given the treatment he's had by FA over the years.

dannyboi-ffc

Don't know if I'm in the minority or not but who cares. And I don't mean to the op for posting it. I mean the big deal being made about this in the media.

He's a referee at the end of the day. The future of English football does not depend on the future of Clattenberg.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

e4b

bog

I am really sorry to see him go. A top quality match official. I can understand if he is fed up with all the no nothing experts and managers who berate refs when things don't go their way. We all make mistakes. I think it wrong to have Howerd Webb sat ready to give his opinion of some contentious issue if it was, in his opinion, correct or not.

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on February 16, 2017, 03:41:04 PM
I am really sorry to see him go. A top quality match official. I can understand if he is fed up with all the no nothing experts and managers who berate refs when things don't go their way. We all make mistakes. I think it wrong to have Howerd Webb sat ready to give his opinion of some contentious issue if it was, in his opinion, correct or not.

092.gif

Yes he is a top quality referee, it's impossible to get every decision right, with all these cameras waiting to catch you out making a mistake, plus all these spoilt charmless glove wearing milky footballers attempting to cheat at every opportunity. Good luck to him. 

Never forget your Roots.

snarks

I saw a film once where a camaraderie was strapped to a referee to give his view of everything. My conclusion after watching this was I was amazed how many decisions they got right. It's a shame he feels he's been driven out by the constant review and criticism over decisions he only gets to see once.

Rambler

It's about money more then anything else.

Course he'd prefer to stay in the premier league - the fame, recognition etc. Plus it's the most watched league in the world.
The Saudi league is nothing in comparison.

Wake up guys - money money money. It's not about him getting a tough time from the media one bit. If it was he'd go off to Spain or another decent league. Why Saudi?

bobbo

In a nutshell woolly.
I'm also sorry to see him go he's a quality referee.
You don't get given the best and top games available for no reason he has consistently done well.
Best of luck to him in his new venture , hopes he makes bundles.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Rambler on February 16, 2017, 04:54:30 PM

Course he'd prefer to stay in the premier league - the fame, recognition etc. Plus it's the most watched league in the world.

Wake up guys - money money money. It's not about him getting a tough time from the media one bit. If it was he'd go off to Spain or another decent league. Why Saudi?

Let's hope his haircut doesn't fall foul of their stipulated rules.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on February 16, 2017, 04:54:40 PM
In a nutshell woolly.
I'm also sorry to see him go he's a quality referee.
You don't get given the best and top games available for no reason he has consistently done well.
Best of luck to him in his new venture , hopes he makes bundles.

I agree bobbo, he is currently one of the best referees in the world.

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

I don't consider this to be an issue, so what if he's going for the money, it's his life and his right to earn as much as he can, just like the rest of us.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on February 16, 2017, 05:02:03 PM

I don't consider this to be an issue, so what if he's going for the money, it's his life and his right to earn as much as he can, just like the rest of us.

and there isn't much chance of him running out of sand there either.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Why do so many people criticise others for going where the money is?  Is it simple envy or is the acquisition of wealth seen as a bad thing?

Twig

What is wrong with "braising himself"? And whilst I agree that KSA is riddled with corruption, that is not a problem unique to that country, there are plenty of examples closer to home.

It seems to boil down to; he's a twit, he's making a lot of money, I don't like where he's making it.  Therefore all and any criticism is justified.  Seems to me he isn't doing anything legally or morally and is taking an opportunity that many would take if presented with the same.  Perhaps we should all show a little more generosity of spirit?

westcliff white

Quote from: bog on February 16, 2017, 03:41:04 PM

092.gif
you mean like fans do too lol (meant as a joke)
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

You can only wear one pair of trousers at a time, no matter how big a bank balance you may have.
Woolly Mammoth 17/02/2017.

Never forget your Roots.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 17, 2017, 01:30:45 PM
You can only wear one pair of trousers at a time, no matter how big a bank balance you may have.
Woolly Mammoth 17/02/2017.

Nanny always used to say it was handy to have a second pair in case some fool spills their sherry during drinks before supper.