more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1969-70 Fulham v Bristol Rovers

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 17, 2017, 12:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

LBNo11

...if that is the game I remember John Richardson scored with an amazing diving header - and both managers were Bill Dodgin - both Senior and Junior, both having been Fulham managers...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I think the final score was 3 1, but as you may have noticed the Dugouts were on the Stevenage Road side at the time, does anyone know the reason why they were moved. Was it because of the sun shinning in the eyes of the Managers in the dugouts.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Interesting to hear Brian Moore with a plum in his mouth before he moderated his accent and a slimline Webster! Not sure I'd have called a side with Horne and Richardson our strongest though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 17, 2017, 01:19:40 PM
Yes I think the final score was 3 1, but as you may have noticed the Dugouts were on the Stevenage Road side at the time, does anyone know the reason why they were moved. Was it because of the sun shinning in the eyes of the Managers in the dugouts.

It must have been when they built the new stand.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on February 17, 2017, 01:21:41 PM

Yes possibly, your probably right.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on February 17, 2017, 01:21:02 PM
Interesting to hear Brian Moore with a plum in his mouth before he moderated his accent and a slimline Webster! Not sure I'd have called a side with Horne and Richardson our strongest though.

Yes that was some Jacobs, I couldn't remember him having an accent like that before.

Never forget your Roots.

f321ffc

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 17, 2017, 01:07:45 PM
...if that is the game I remember John Richardson scored with an amazing diving header - and both managers were Bill Dodgin - both Senior and Junior, both having been Fulham managers...
Was at the game unbelievable that after 2 consecutive relegations we still had 7 of the team that played in the first division (top division for you youngsters)  092.gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

RaySmith

Amazing that we still had all those stars of the First Division, including Johnny, and Bill Dodgin Jnr. as manager, who I well remember as a centre-half for us.

And they flagged up an interview with Tommy Trinder!

Only 6,000 at the Cottage that day.

Bill2

Quote from: Holders on February 17, 2017, 01:21:41 PM

Relying on memory which can be a bit unreliable. Until the Riverside was built I thought the dugouts were always on the Stevenage Rd side. Also the crowd looks a bit bigger than the figure mentioned, bearing in mind it was terracing on three sides plus the old enclosure.

bog

Your right Les. (As if you would be wrong!) Richardson did score with a great header.

092.gif

f321ffc

Highlights of the game including all the goals here, ff to 1.02.40 for the Fulham game,
I was behind the goal for that John Richarson goal, one never to forget. 092.gif

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNHn7e9EWA
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Bill2

Have to wonder how things would be different if the pitches were like this today, or they had pitches like today then!

Neil D

A couple of decent Fulham corners in evidence too -unsurprisingly one form JH: an incomparable striker of a dead  ball.

LBNo11

Quote from: f321ffc on February 17, 2017, 05:42:09 PM
Highlights of the game including all the goals here, ff to 1.02.40 for the Fulham game,
I was behind the goal for that John Richarson goal, one never to forget. 092.gif

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNHn7e9EWA

...thanks so much for this link f321ffc, I've not seen that goal in over 46 years, but it stayed in my memory bank, I was on the Thamebank that day and in line with the build up. Conway, Barrett, Earle, were a joy to watch on those churned up pitches, as said they would have had a field day (no pun intended) on the pitches of today, great memories. Re the old brick dug-outs, they were so low you would brain yourself if you stood up to cheer! Happy days...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mince n Tatties

Great Stuff,that little lad "Come On Fulham",fantastic to see Johnny again.

The Old Count

Quote from: The Old Count on February 17, 2017, 07:46:15 PM
Remember that game.  I was behind the goal at the Hammersmith End.  I'm sure there were more than 6000 in. Possibly a few snuck in. The gates were opened just before half time.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Old Count on February 17, 2017, 07:46:34 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on February 17, 2017, 07:46:15 PM
Remember that game.  I was behind the goal at the Hammersmith End.  I'm sure there were more than 6000 in. Possibly a few snuck in. The gates were opened just before half time.

Actually looked more than 6,000

F(f)CUK

Seems weird watching pass backs to the goalkeeper. Shame the footage seems to be incomplete. Enjoyed watching the Bristol City game that follows from 1973. I saw my first game the next year and so many of the players were in that team. Really enjoyed the Busby goal showing Earle at his best.

f321ffc

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 18, 2017, 11:50:25 AM
Seems weird watching pass backs to the goalkeeper. Shame the footage seems to be incomplete. Enjoyed watching the Bristol City game that follows from 1973. I saw my first game the next year and so many of the players were in that team. Really enjoyed the Busby goal showing Earle at his best.
Did you see the link above I put on for the goals.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional