News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I know it was Spurs and we weren't supposed to win but we have been embarrassing

Started by Rambler, February 19, 2017, 03:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

The "Yids" topic is a very emotive discussion and this is probably not the best forum to discuss it after we have just been spanked by them.

They want to be known as Yids so that's OK ...but if people call them Yids ....then that's being anti-semitic.

It's a very difficult "no-win" argument - best left alone

However Bateman knows full well SJ is Serbian so an obvious dig at him being Israeli could well be racist - so watch out that one !

Twig

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 19, 2017, 03:57:40 PM
Absolutely abject performance!  One has little faith in the Israeli now; the chap does not understand the worth of a traditional centre-forward in Chris Martin.

We can never get promoted with Jokanovich, his lack of understanding the English game was exposed shockingly!

What an ill-informed, ignorant post.

Fulhamfan666

0:3 was a kind result for us. Easily could have been 0:4 or 0:5 even ...

FFCFOREVER

Absolutely abject performance!  One has little faith in the Israeli now; the chap does not understand the worth of a traditional centre-forward in Chris Martin.

We can never get promoted with Jokanovich, his lack of understanding the English game was exposed shockingly!
Sorry but you talk a load of sh1te.So do we go back to Magath and Symons  or the like?Open your eyes dammit.!!

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Baszab on February 19, 2017, 05:50:28 PM
The "Yids" topic is a very emotive discussion and this is probably not the best forum to discuss it after we have just been spanked by them.

They want to be known as Yids so that's OK ...but if people call them Yids ....then that's being anti-semitic.

It's a very difficult "no-win" argument - best left alone

However Bateman knows full well SJ is Serbian so an obvious dig at him being Israeli could well be racist - so watch out that one !

Correct on the 'Yids' comment. But why should we leave it alone ? They stand and chant, in their thousands, 'We are the Yids , we are the Yids.....' all game, no big deal, but we say it in a forum, and people feel the right to get offended, in case it might offend someone else?Jesus Christ. Sorry am i allowed to say Jesus ? At least I'm not saying Mohammed, then people would get twitchy.

Anyway todays chant is very similar to black guys who call each other the 'N' word, in the street, in social circles, in rap songs, in movies, and its accepted with a fist pump and a laugh. A non black guy says the N word and the whole world freezes, mouths open in shock. This whole PC crap needs to get filed in the 'grow a pair' section. This country is the most diverse its ever been, everyone gets a fair crack of the whip, and if you think people are still discriminated against, you really haven't got a clue. A percentage of the perceived minorities have been out performing and out earning the majority for a long long time. Just because a bunch of minorities cant get off their back side, they blame the system. Tough.

Some offensive comments should be just shrugged off, or we'll be teaching our kids the completely wrong thing. We are now teaching them, the way forward in life should be to  feel you have to make a complaint or act offended to get recognition, and posters here seeking out Mods intervention for something that really shouldnt be an issue is a major problem with this board. People discussing things like this shouldnt be classed as racist just because you dont have the street wise knowledge to decipher a simple and innocent point laid out  on a football forum.

As for Nick Batemen, well he's a pr1 ck, always has been.  I hope other pr1 cks out there are not offended, or more importantly the people who might feel they have to do something positive with their lives, and get offended on behalf of the pr1 cks.

Baszab

The problem is that Spurs fans have no problem calling themselves "the Yids" or chanting it - but only 5% of the fans at the game may be Jewish - so is it anti-semitic against their own or not ?

However, if you were walking down the street and called a Jewish person a "Yid", it is  a very derogatory term and would be deemed anti-semitic - similarly as the N-word would be offensive to a black person.

It is a very fine line.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Baszab on February 19, 2017, 08:59:57 PM
The problem is that Spurs fans have no problem calling themselves "the Yids" or chanting it - but only 5% of the fans at the game may be Jewish - so is it anti-semitic against their own or not ?

However, if you were walking down the street and called a Jewish person a "Yid", it is  a very derogatory term and would be deemed anti-semitic - similarly as the N-word would be offensive to a black person.

It is a very fine line.

Yes and Yid derives from their language 'Yiddish' , which is over a thousand years old. Should I get offended if someone calls me a 'Brit' ? Come on, soon bald people will be going to the Police when they are called 'slap head'. You're right. there is a fine line, but unfortunately that line was drawn by, and is forever extended by the same people-  The offended & demented.
As far as I am concerned, there are two types of people in this world. The people who get off their backsides and get on with life, and the people who protest. I know which one Id prefer to be

Jonaldiniho 88

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on February 19, 2017, 09:21:41 PM
That last bit is funny coming from Steven Hawkins

thanks very much. I do hope the real one is ok with it   065.gif

BestOfBrede

As expected the doom n bloomers are out in force.
We lost boo Hoo to a team 3rd in the prem who's squad they probably paid 30/40 million for to something such like!
Then we get this rediculous statements like we are embarrassing!
Wow what great fans we have.
I tell you the most embarrassing thing for me today was the fact that without the clappers we couldn't be heard!
When the clappers did start all that was heard was 'come on Fulham, come on Fulham', for about 3 chants, and that is embarrassing!
We had an off day and was probably nervous but at th end of the day we lost to a superior team and didn't suffer from ant injuries/sending off.
It is a project after many years of atrocious management, skimping on transfers etc.. and when we lose we get all this bull!
When we win and play to our potential there's all these over the top posts and when we lose the posts, in the main are pathetic..
Having a go at Slavisa for losing to a the team in 3rd and also in Europe, and suggesting that we will get nowhere under his leadership is downright stupid.
Surely even the daft can see we are much better than under the last few managers!?

Woolly Mammoth

It was the way Fulham lost, which has already been highlighted in triplicate, which has got under the skin of the most thick skinned of supporters.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

snarks

Actually I kept out of saying anything yesterday because of all the negative reactions. I was so much more pi***d off after the defeat to Bristol earlier in the season, than I was with yesterday's game. Yesterday I expected to lose when they announced the team. It was like watching your bigger older brother teach you a lesson, just enough to make you realise how much you have to improve, but also to see that you can, and are.

toshes mate

One has little faith in the Israeli now

I think SJ may have an understanding of the English game that is much better than your abject knowledge of geography.

toshes mate

Quote from: snarks on February 20, 2017, 10:44:43 AM
Actually I kept out of saying anything yesterday because of all the negative reactions. I was so much more pi***d off after the defeat to Bristol earlier in the season, than I was with yesterday's game. Yesterday I expected to lose when they announced the team. It was like watching your bigger older brother teach you a lesson, just enough to make you realise how much you have to improve, but also to see that you can, and are.
I can empathise with that.  It did appear to be an almost 'contained' thrashing that could have been so much worse. 

Fulham1959

Typical overreactions, typical of football fans generally.

I thought we had a chance yesterday, and also of maybe getting to Wembley, but it didn't happen.  About 5+ years ago, Stoke City got to the FA Cup semi-final and thrashed Bolton 5-0 in an exhilarating display at Wembley.  In the Final, against Man City, they just never got into first gear and Man City had a stroll to win easily.

Yesterday, Spurs hit the ground running and kept going.  We just never got going at all.  That's the way it goes.  Regardless of plans, tactics, formations etc., players are human.  Sometimes things get off on a wrong foot and teams just don't recover on the day.

You win some, you lose some - yet some fans just can't cope with it, even after a lifetime of following a team.

Roll on Wednesday !

Artful Dodger

The frustrating thing is that we set up as if we were playing Wigan and not Spurs. Going toe to toe with Spurs at the open football game was never going to work and i am just disappointed we didn't try and counter it by either going to a traditional 4-4-2 or telling our wide men to be more defensive and have a 5 man midfield. Even more disappointing was the fact no one on the field seemed to recognise it and start to sit a bit deeper as Spurs continued to pass through us like we weren't even there! Was it a lack of fight or just wrong tactics or the fact Joka felt we don't have the players to change to a more defensive style. Either way, it ended in a pretty humbling afternoon.

Final point - i wouldn't lay any blame on the defence really as they had zero protection from those in front of them.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Keynsham

If they play like that against Bristol City then I will perhaps begin to understand the absolute meltdown that is seemingly going on here.

Sure we didn't do ourselves justice but you can't play at the top of your game every game, the last two or three have been close enough against sides in our division.

We lost to Spurs for Christ's sake, not Whyteleafe.

terryr

The WUM is back

Twig

Quote from: TerryR on February 20, 2017, 01:08:37 PM

The WUM is back

He rarely posts these days but when he does what drivel!  One despairs, one really does.

colinwhite

We lost an fa cup game to a top class side who showed us up for what we are- a good championship side. Let's get over it,stop moaning and get behind the team  for Wednesday's game
Some really pathetic comments on this thread as well as a good number of sensible replies.