News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I know it was Spurs and we weren't supposed to win but we have been embarrassing

Started by Rambler, February 19, 2017, 03:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

No fight, No desire.

I was really looking forward today but we have been so poor in every way. Poor management by Slav - Leaving kebano isolated up front for far too long. He's not a striker, and cannot be expected to lead a line by himself.

And yet again our defence has been exposed. Ream is so poor, but the other options are also dire - Sigurdsson, Madl..
Conceding 7 goals in the last 3 games is not acceptable.

I'm so disappointed.

Ordar

That performance was unacceptable. I don't care about the opposition. We didn't turn up, and didn't try.

Nick Bateman

Absolutely abject performance!  One has little faith in the Israeli now; the chap does not understand the worth of a traditional centre-forward in Chris Martin.

We can never get promoted with Jokanovich, his lack of understanding the English game was exposed shockingly!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

St. Andrews White

Whoa Nick I wouldn't go that far...
It was certainly a poor performance, but Spurs are one of the best prem sides and on their day they'd tear even Man city or other big teams apart.

Shame we lost and lost so badly, but in slav we trust and let's move on. Also a good indication of where we need to improve if  we're to go up.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Rambler

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 19, 2017, 03:57:40 PM
Absolutely abject performance!  One has little faith in the Israeli now; the chap does not understand the worth of a traditional centre-forward in Chris Martin.

We can never get promoted with Jokanovich, his lack of understanding the English game was exposed shockingly!

Completely disagree. He's Serbian, not Israeli.
It was a naive team, they outpassed us, (something that doesn't happen much in the championship) - and we weren't able to keep it tight. Doesn't mean we won't be promoted.

Woolly Mammoth

I am utterly embarrassed, and furious with the most gutless display by any football team for as long as I can remember.
Terrible tactics by Jok, we cannot try and out pass Spurs, there are other ways of playing against the likes of Spurs, we were so naive. Jok had no plan B. But the players lack of passion and fight was the worst I have seen for many a decade. That is no excuse.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

We were awful and itimidated by the stature of the yids,got what we deserved

RaySmith

Shows how far we've fallen.

This was usually  a competitive fixture, a hard fought London derby, when we were in the Prem, but today Spurs just strolled past us.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 19, 2017, 04:02:56 PM
I am utterly embarrassed, and furious with the most gutless display by any football team for as long as I can remember.
Terrible tactics by Jok, we cannot try and out pass Spurs, there are other ways of playing against the lines of Spurs, we were so naive. Jok had no plan B. But the players lack of passion and fight was the worst I have seen for many a decade. That is no excuse.

We're Fulham...we saw worse in our relegation season, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

f321ffc

A very poor performance but let's not forget we were playing one of the best teams in the prem and we are a mid table championship side such a shame that we couldn't make more of a game of it but not embarrassing.
We have had far more embarrassing FA cup games Hayes anyone, onward and upwards COYW  049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

jarv

Some of he players looked very nervous. When Fulham had the ball, they hounded us. When Spurs had the ball we gave them the freedom of the park. They did their homework too, Cairney was hounded to the point of being ineffective. They knew if Cairney is restricted, Fulham will have little else to offer in the way of creativity. Also, players around him were slow to react. If only he had options he could have made more one touch passes.

grandad

Not the worst performance I have seen but it did show the vast chasm between the top half dozen sides in the Prem & the rest of the football clubs in the division & below.
It proves that we are a million miles away from promotion & being able to remain for any length of time. Even the 3 clubs that eventually go up will struggle no matter what millions they get. The top clubs will always be able to out buy the rest.
As for Bateman´s comments he is beyond contempt. He may think he is being funny but I have always found his comments most distasteful & not in the spirit of this Forum.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Robbie

Basically move on ....
We have other aims.
Other CS teams lost worse.
Loads of teams throw in the towel with the FAC.

Bring on Bristol for a good bounce back !!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: maoconnor on February 19, 2017, 04:07:03 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 19, 2017, 04:02:56 PM
Terrible tactics by Jok, we cannot try and out pass Spurs, there are other ways of playing against the lines of Spurs, we were so naive. Jok had no plan B. But the players lack of passion and fight was the worst I have seen for many a decade. That is no excuse.

We're Fulham...we saw worse in our relegation season, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I shall say it again. Gutless, Fulham were pussy cats, and are a laughing stock for those reasons, nothing will change, we are Cannon fodder for any team that shout boo at us.  No characters or leaders, no Fighters or winners, no warriors or captains. That lack of spirit was mirrored in the passionless support.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Old Count

Quote from: hovewhite on February 19, 2017, 04:05:02 PM

I thought we were above casually, racist, anti semetic comments.

Carborundum

Every season there are two or three games when we play the opposition off the park and two or three where the same is done to us.  In the Autumn it was Bristol and today it was Spurs.  They were exceptional.  Football frankly doesn't get played much better over the course of 90 minutes.  So many wonderful pieces of movement, fine passes, teamwork all combined to give the impression that Spurs had an extra man.  Sometimes two.  What I saw today is the game I fell in love with.  Bittersweet indeed.

We didn't become a poor side because Bristol spanked us and we're certainly not one as a result of today.

AlexW132

Quote from: The Old Count on February 19, 2017, 04:29:36 PM

That's what they call themselves. Kept singing their bloody annoying being a yid song all day

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: AlexW132 on February 19, 2017, 04:31:30 PM

That's what they call themselves. Kept singing their bloody annoying being a yid song all day

Correct. Unfortunately there is always someone waiting to turn a discussion into a chance to be the defender of the offended. Man up.

Tonywa

Seems not and shame on the moderators for alloying it to be posted.  Cue all sorts of feeble excuses as to why it is acceptable.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: grandad on February 19, 2017, 04:19:07 PM
Not the worst performance I have seen but it did show the vast chasm between the top half dozen sides in the Prem & the rest of the football clubs in the division & below.
It proves that we are a million miles away from promotion & being able to remain for any length of time. Even the 3 clubs that eventually go up will struggle no matter what millions they get. The top clubs will always be able to out buy the rest.
As for Bateman´s comments he is beyond contempt. He may think he is being funny but I have always found his comments most distasteful & not in the spirit of this Forum.
I think the gulf in class was shown and we were not as hungry as you need to be to have a chance against a very on form Spurs. I also agree the hystrionics about how poor we were is completely overblown.
BTW I have stopped rising to Bateman, he is indeed beyond contempt and I wish the mods would just ban his poisonous little jibes.
Quark, strangeness and charm