watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mince and Tatties thread Closed

Started by Fulham Tup North, February 20, 2017, 10:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

:031: Maybe rather than moaning at people and closing threads, we should stop individual posters starting such volatile posts in the first place. 
Remember this is the person who insisted on a "Where`s our Striker" thread!! 
If the powers that be allow this type of behaviour then we are simply reaping what we sow!
This may now be locked.
:kettle pot: 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

westcliff white

As a mod, for me the thread started out fine, then deteriorated.

There is nothing wrong about a thread saying I left early, every post has its merits and once it gets out of hand is given a warning and then locked. One of my fellow mods Locke sit afterinhad warns in the thread, so nothing wrong with that.

We try not to loan and give as much freedom as we can, but we do not want purile comments, general sniping or insulting comments.

It's a forum and people should be grown up with out using those tactics above or using abisive language.

Feel free to message any of the mods if you have any issues

WW
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: westcliff white link=topic=58323.msg842280#msg842280

WW
/quote]

"If I have any issues"!!!
Where do I start.  ... you could run a conference with my problems!!
I`m off for a lay down before Mince reads this!
COYW

davew

FTN, I am sure I fall into the category of somebody who has started attention seeking threads! I don't think there was a lot wrong with that thread title because to try and make a point sometimes you need to attract attention by the topic heading. The thread that was closed was not the fault of the OP, but down to the people who wanted to try and make things personal. I too (only once) left a game early can't remember when (years ago) I think it was against Bristol Rovers and by the time I had reached the end of Finlay Street we had conceded yet another goal, anybody on here give me a clue when that was? I also remember the only game I stopped watching at half time (didn't go home though just spent an hour in the bar) and I have probably also got the facts wrong (apart from the time in the bar), was it we were 4 nil down against Portsmouth at half time and we came back with 4 2nd half goals. Hopefully there will be a few of you on here who can help me out? Mince not a question for you my friend!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose

Quote from: davew on February 20, 2017, 10:45:14 PM
FTN, I am sure I fall into the category of somebody who has started attention seeking threads! I don't think there was a lot wrong with that thread title because to try and make a point sometimes you need to attract attention by the topic heading. The thread that was closed was not the fault of the OP, but down to the people who wanted to try and make things personal. I too (only once) left a game early can't remember when (years ago) I think it was against Bristol Rovers and by the time I had reached the end of Finlay Street we had conceded yet another goal, anybody on here give me a clue when that was? I also remember the only game I stopped watching at half time (didn't go home though just spent an hour in the bar) and I have probably also got the facts wrong (apart from the time in the bar), was it we were 4 nil down against Portsmouth at half time and we came back with 4 2nd half goals. Hopefully there will be a few of you on here who can help me out? Mince not a question for you my friend!

I went to that one.. an away game in 1984 or 5 i think...around then.
A huricanne blowing down the pitch faviured them first half and us second.
We nearly got a fith with a couple of minutes left.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: davew on February 20, 2017, 10:45:14 PM
If I recall, we hit the post v Pompy as well late on!

davew

Quote from: westcliff white on February 20, 2017, 10:34:29 PM

There is nothing wrong about a thread saying I left early, every post has its merits and once it gets out of hand is given a warning and then locked. One of my fellow mods Locke sit afterinhad warns in the thread, so nothing wrong with that.

We try not to loan and give as much freedom as we can, but we do not want purile comments, general sniping or insulting comments.

It's a forum and people should be grown up with out using those tactics above or using abisive language.

WW

Westcliff I won't message you in private because I believe that a forum is for people to express their views in open! I think the moderators do a very good and sometimes difficult job, can't believe I am still allowed on here (lol). If the owner and management of FFC showed the same passion as most of the forum members, we would have nothing to debate or argue with! Keep up the good work and I know I am still on a yellow card that you you sent me!

westcliff white

Quote from: davew on February 20, 2017, 10:51:08 PM

WW

Westcliff I won't message you in private because I believe that a forum is for people to express their views in open! I think the moderators do a very good and sometimes difficult job, can't believe I am still allowed on here (lol). If the owner and management of FFC showed the same passion as most of the forum members, we would have nothing to debate or argue with! Keep up the good work and I know I am still on a yellow card that you you sent me!
I agreed w Th your post on this thread, the mince thread was fine till it got personal, we hate closing threads.

Yellow cards disappear after a while you know
Every day is a Fulham day

davew

Quote from: westcliff white on February 20, 2017, 10:54:20 PM
Quote from: davew on February 20, 2017, 10:51:08 PM

WW

I agreed w Th your post on this thread, the mince thread was fine till it got personal, we hate closing threads.

Yellow cards disappear after a while you know

love4ffc

I am going to start by saying that this is my fault.  I should have locked the thread last night once I read the immediate disrespectful replies to Mince's OP.  I gave people the benefit of the doubt and thought cool heads would have prevailed.  Instead the thread took a downward spiral that was unacceptable.  Westcliff stepped in and gave a warning.  Danny reinforced that warning, and yet people ignored them and continued to be distrustful towards fellow members.  So yes I locked it. 

For the record, it is not the easiest thing to be a mod.  As mods, we try to moderiate the board without leaving too heavy of a footprint.  So, when one of us ask for people to take it down a notch or take a depth breath before hitting the send button.  We are in a sense asking everyone to think about what they are saying and how it will not only be received by others, but how it will affect others.  That seems like a very rudimentary idea yet it seems to be lost on so many. 

Because a forum board lives and dies by opinions, I am going to leave this thread open for discussion.  I cannot guarantee that another mod will have the same sentiment and allow this thread to continue.  I would however support their reason for locking this thread down. 

In the future I would ask our members not to air out their complaints on the main board.  Rather please PM or email us about your concerns.  Posting things like this on the main board just looks petty and unfitting for what should be a safe refuge for Fulham fans to express their opinions about Fulham.  Regardless of how unpopular those opinions are received or viewed. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Keynsham

I still can't believe I have witnessed the biggest meltdown since Fukushima because we lost to a Premier League side in the cup.

I really can't wait for tomorrow night's result, there will be suicides if we don't put 15 past them.

HatterDon

I must admit I was rather surprised that it was closed. There weren't a lot of hateful posts, and it was the same two or three guys doing what they do on pretty much very thread.

Having said that, I'm happy with anything the mods decide to do.  :HD:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

terryr

Bring on tomorrow: win we will all dance and smile.
The usual few will say " yes but..."
Lose and many of us will cry tears of sadness and the select few above will say" it's the end and worse than I ever thought... until the next time

vagrant

Quote from: HatterDon on February 21, 2017, 02:09:28 PM
I must admit I was rather surprised that it was closed. There weren't a lot of hateful posts, and it was the same two or three guys doing what they do on pretty much very thread.

Having said that, I'm happy with anything the mods decide to do.  :HD:

You surely don't mean the Usual Suspects......

davew

Quote from: Keynsham on February 21, 2017, 01:47:58 PM
I still can't believe I have witnessed the biggest meltdown since Fukushima because we lost to a Premier League side in the cup.

I really can't wait for tomorrow night's result, there will be suicides if we don't put 15 past them.
Will that be in our good half (lol)? I would settle for only 1 providing it is the winning goal, anything less .....well let's not go there.