watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Buffering

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, February 22, 2017, 02:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Does anyone else have any problems with constant buffering on the FFC videos ?
If so, any help would be appreciated

Thanks
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Snibbo

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 22, 2017, 02:59:35 AM

Thanks
Not specifically on FFC site but when watching streams I find that using a vpn, and connectiing via a uk proxy improves it significantly. I'm in Oz. I'm assuming you're in usa

I use pia vpn. Not expensive

HatterDon

Thanks

If you'd been on this side of the Atlantic in the 1950s, you'd know that Bufferin acts twice as fast as aspirin, and it's a good thing.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Snibbo on February 22, 2017, 03:13:34 AM

Thanks
Not specifically on FFC site but when watching streams I find that using a vpn, and connectiing via a uk proxy improves it significantly. I'm in Oz. I'm assuming you're in usa

I use pia vpn. Not expensive

Thanks, I'll give that a go
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

Thanks
It's nothing to do with where you live, I get it all the time on my laptop but not on my Macbook Air (which I use now on match days) so it can't be to do with the internet speeds which are good where I live. The same problem is also when I listen to GJ commentaries on the laptop but not the other equipment. I have had this problem for maybe 4 to 6 weeks, it was never a problem before and I can't really help on what causes the problem. Perhaps FFC TV could help, but I do not have any contact details.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham 442

I had a problem with buffering when viewing FFC TV on my laptop in full screen - it was fine otherwise.

davew

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 22, 2017, 04:51:36 PM
I had a problem with buffering when viewing FFC TV on my laptop in full screen - it was fine otherwise.
That's interesting but the size of the screen being used shouldn't be a factor, should it?

BestOfBrede

Used to have buffering issues when with BT, but chang d to Sky and all is now good

Fulham 442

That's interesting but the size of the screen being used shouldn't be a factor, should it?

It shouldn't but weirdly it was - very frustrating too as obviously I would rather view in full screen but it is impossible - starts buffering almost immediately!

davew

I have finally (well for the moment anyway) sorted out my problem, tried to watch some of the archived games this evening having accessed the net using Google Chrome instead of internet explorer, worked perfectly whereas trying to do the same again using explorer, same problem as before! Fulham 442 I experimented before by changing the screen size option, it didn't make any difference and I was already having the buffering/looping problem with the GJ commentary, maybe you were lucky?

grandad

Buffering all the time on my laptop using Mozilla Firefox. However using Google Chrome there is no problem.
Where there's a will there's a wife

NogoodBoyo

The Ivan/Kahn interview was the worst buffering I've experienced other than the Wales/Italy game in the 6 Nations.
Bloody annoying.
Nogood "I thought Ivan froze on the big occasion, see" Boyo