https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Breaking - Tony Khan Appointed

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 23, 2017, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

Quote from: Twig on February 23, 2017, 08:58:27 PM
Quote from: grandad on February 23, 2017, 07:44:52 PM
Time for every supporter to get right behind the owners & management & that includes Nose & Bazab.
Mr Khan is building a dynasty which MAF failed to do with his statement that Fulham would be part of the Fayed family for ever.

Er because Mr Fayed's options were severely limited, partly due to the loss of a much loved son and the disabilities of another.  Mohammed Al Fayed did not fail us in any way ever. Always did his best for FFC.
Except for the embarrassment of the Michael Jackson statue

hopper

Quote from: Milo on February 23, 2017, 09:01:02 PM
Haven't seen videos yet. I'll save that for when my girlfriend gets home and starts to talk about her day...

For now - I just note the ratio of the announcements via email. "A significantly good news day..." As the title. Yet... 70% of the email is filled with the opening announcement of Tony Khan signing on as Vice Chairman. Plus a picture of him beaming above it.

Oh... And there's a small picture of Slavisa on a balcony (alongside the MAIN announcement Mr Khan) who has also signed a deal today... Just in case anyone is interested...

Baffles me!

Plus... Note the announcement of SJ signing. Something along the lines of "with a new squad, built under the leadership of Tony Khan, Slavisa has..". It's almost as if poor old Slavisa is not allowed any limelight... That all the light must be shined on golden boy Khan.

Its a broad argument as to whether club structure or team management is more important. The reality is that one cannot work well without the other... Most likely. But surely even a naive owner can realise the fans place superficial importance on the latter?

Additionally, if I was Slavisa I would feel a bit irritated to say the least..

I noticed that about the email. I think all is in good shape at the club, but the taste of our chairman has always been highly questionable to say the least - from the way that the Jags has been force fed to us, the big section on him on our site and now this.

Tony seems more dignified than his father at least.

fulhamphil

Have heard three comments from well connected football insiders since January re FFC. First at Cardiff Cup tie from former Man City legend: "Cannot understand how Ally Mac clings on to his job." 2nd quote respected figure at Motspur Park: "If club get promoted it will be in spite of not because of the CEO." 3rd quote last week before Forest game long term well connected figure, "Slav is off, felt board did not back him over Martin and resents Tony Khan taking all the credit for current team." The truth is out there - somewhere.

davew

Quote from: Statto on February 23, 2017, 10:08:34 PM
Time for every supporter to get right behind the owners & management & that includes Nose & Bazab.
Mr Khan is building a dynasty which MAF failed to do with his statement that Fulham would be part of the Fayed family for ever.

yes with any luck, in the next season or two we'll be back where we were when khan took over. and it's only taken 4-5 years. all al fayed managed in that time was taking us from a crap, broke league one team to mid-table premiership

Some people have short memories or no memories, how can any FFC supporters forget that MAF saved our club and took us to the top tier and we stayed there for quite a while!! Once again Statto I am in agreement with you.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: fulhamphil on February 23, 2017, 09:57:33 PM
3rd quote last week before Forest game long term well connected figure, "Slav is off, felt board did not back him over Martin and resents Tony Khan taking all the credit for current team." The truth is out there - somewhere.
and yet today he signs a new deal?  "Long term, well connected figure", but clearly wrong?
Plenty of comment's out there and law of average,  some must become correct!
So glad " Slav is off" came to nothing!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Forever Fulham

Talbot sounds like a real positive.
Khan jr being in London and at club most of this year, good thing.
He must be reporting to his dad what he's seeing, keeping him informed.
Kline, I wish, would just go away, but he's jr's college buddy, so we're stuck with him. 
Just do no harm, Kline, do no harm.
They say keeping Slava is #1 goal.  Great.
I think about what I knew and didn't know at 34 years old.  I'll just leave it at that.
Come on, Fulham, we're on a roll. 

To the playoffs!

davew

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 23, 2017, 10:26:48 PM
Kline, I wish, would just go away, but he's jr's college buddy, so we're stuck with him. 
I think about what I knew and didn't know at 34 years old.  I'll just leave it at that.

To the playoffs!

Come on what didn't you know at 34 years old but do now, sounds intriguing (not a wind up)?

FulhamStu

Many football directors are not football experts.  What Tony Khan needs to do is listen to his football experts like Slav and Talbot, use his and Klines skills in the right way and get hold of plenty of his Dads money for the club to continue the excellent work of this season and our teams improvement towards promotion.

He is young and I am sure ambitious, he will want to succeed and his Dad will support him like all Dads do with their children.

Slav is clearly happy with the set up and they have clearly worked well together this season and from the interview, especially this year.   

Regarding the squad, we know we need one or two centre forward type players, but maybe for now, Slav sees Kebano, Ayite, Cyriac and Martin with Aluko as sufficient striking options for the remainder of this season, we have 4 central defenders of which to pick 2.  So again for all we know, Slav is ok with that for now.  Expect some very decent signings added to the squad in the summer and our best players retained.  We are building for the future, I would have been very happy with the current set up if you had given me that at the start of the season.

A very positive day in the history of the club.

davew

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 23, 2017, 10:34:41 PM
Many football directors are not football experts.  What Tony Khan needs to do is listen to his football experts like Slav and Talbot, use his and Klines skills in the right way and get hold of plenty of his Dads money for the club to continue the excellent work of this season and our teams improvement towards promotion.

Agree with most of that, not sure exactly what football knowledge skills TK and Kline have to offer though? Slav certainly wasn't happy with the January window business, I think he is a man of integrity and remains with FFC because he maybe appreciates the history of the club and an opportunity to make the club great again! I am sure he isn't staying because he has been offered a big pay increase, there are far bigger clubs than us that could have offered him more money! So well done SJ keep up the good work and if the Board/Owner/Owners Son/Kline back you, there is no stopping FFC next season if not before!

Penfold

Have a look at what Al Fayed did for Fulham you ungrateful so and so.

Jonaldiniho 88

Should a director of football have ever played football? Should a director of football of ever played football to a decent level?

I would say 100% yes to my first question and not necessarily to my second. Arguably with the stat based system, the less you have been involved in football the more open your eyes could/should be. In writing this I have asked more questions to myself than answered, so in conclusion, I don't have a scooby.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

"Being head of football has always been a goal of mine"

Just doesnt sound right to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i04vzLpX06w

justinfromga

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 23, 2017, 10:26:48 PM

To the playoffs!

I'm biting on this but I'd say Kline playing a role in us going from 20th one year to 7th and 6 points out of a playoff spot with a game in hand and 14 to play is doing no harm.

For all the bluster from SJ back in August it sure seems he has formed a good working relationship with the analytics department.  The only way success happens in any organization is for everyone to pull in the same direction.  If our manager, scouting department, and analytic department are all looking for the same thing then we will have success.  If that falls apart then we'll drop right back down the table.  It sure seems to me this year that everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Twig

Quote from: davew on February 23, 2017, 10:25:29 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 23, 2017, 10:08:34 PM

yes with any luck, in the next season or two we'll be back where we were when khan took over. and it's only taken 4-5 years. all al fayed managed in that time was taking us from a crap, broke league one team to mid-table premiership

Some people have short memories or no memories, how can any FFC supporters forget that MAF saved our club and took us to the top tier and we stayed there for quite a while!! Once again Statto I am in agreement with you.

Grandad's comments were absolutely inexplicable.  I posted on this yesterday evening but am still angry about it this morning.  Mr Al Fayed created a golden period for FFC in the modern era. 

e4b

Totaly agree loved Al Fayed and grateful for all he did for us but and i think it's a big but        he was playing under different rules!!!

snarks

I think grandads point is that MAF said the AF's would always be involved in Fulham, and then he sold it. I'm not sure he was having a go at what MAF did for the club, more his legacy with Fulham. (At least that's the way I read it)

Holders

I think that Mo intended (hoped) that Dodi would take over. His loss was obviously a great blow, as would be the loss of a child to any parent. He said that his advancing years were a factor in his selling and by then he had no-one in his family to pass the club to so could hardly fulfill his earlier stated intent.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

Quote from: snarks on February 24, 2017, 07:06:29 AM
I think grandads point is that MAF said the AF's would always be involved in Fulham, and then he sold it. I'm not sure he was having a go at what MAF did for the club, more his legacy with Fulham. (At least that's the way I read it)

I am indebted to MAF for what he did for us. Unfettered with FFP he came at the right time in our history. He has another son who he hoped would take over but he was not interested.
What I can´t forgive MAF for was his lack of investment after the 2010 season . This was the start of our downward spiral which is only now starting to turn around.

The climb back up is going to be a hard slog for Mr Khan. Hindered with FFP he can´t just throw whatever he wants to buy our way back. It has to be done by investing what he is allowed to invest but at the same time make the process sustainable.

We now have a manager capable of taking us forward & an owner & management structure in place to address the running of a modern style of football club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alfie

I do find it somewhat presumptuous that some people accuse others of not knowing anything about football when they themselves have no knowledge of what that other person knows.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on February 24, 2017, 09:11:31 AM
I do find it somewhat presumptuous that some people accuse others of not knowing anything about football when they themselves have no knowledge of what that other person knows.

How do you know?  :005: See what I did there?

The fact that apparently Tony Khan has been working behind the scenes with the transfers since the Summer and the general running of the club. Seeing that we are in a spell of being our most successful since relegation despite those of us who moan about the lack of a forward being signed. I tend to see this as only a positive. Better a toy play thing than being ignored. Did we all learn nothing from Toy Story?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope