watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Security Again

Started by Peabody, February 04, 2010, 11:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Last night was the final straw, once again this season, I am stopped by a Security Man and told to put my arms out to be searched. Well I am afraid I just lost it and asked why? he replied cos I've got to!  so I said I am a seventy year old suicide bomber are'nt I?. Several Peoplestopped and gave me some support. I asked to speak to a supervisor and their response was, well we have gone up a security level, to which I said what all season. Apparently they have to do random (note that word) searches. Bearing in mind, that hardly guarantees protection does it, also, while they are searching me, about ten to twenty people go by unhindered. There is no common sense being used by our Club called Fulham.

blingo

Send in a complaint Sir, it is disgusting that you should be treated in that way and even more so that you could not see someone in charge of the incompetent fools.

finnster01

That is just not right Mr Peabody. Write to the club.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

Told you Peabody, lose the rucksack and beard, stop the tanning sessions and you will be fine!

Jimpav

They were a bit rubbish last night.

Both myself and a friend I had taken along had bags with us. Neither of us were searched.

The guy was stood at the turn stile exit and showed no interest in searching my bag even when I offered it to him.

Perhaps I was to young to be considered a risk or maybe it was because they were keeping an eye out for that well known terrorist Mr Peabody?

FatFreddysCat

To be honest i cant see what the problem is, It takes a few seconds  and if they didn't do random searces i'd be more worried. I doubt you fit the obvious profile of someone likely to blow up the cottage , but i have read that Al Queada are trying to recruit western bombers. If you haven't got anything to hide why worry about?

JBH

Mr Peabody, or should it be Mr Busy Body??

Why don't you remove the Pickle from up your Aris and get over it!

They have a job to do and if it involves some old miserable git getting searched then so be it, the reason they do random searches is as a deterent!

If they caught someone trying to get a knife into the ground which if not found may have ended up in some old moaning miserable git then no doubt you would ask why did'nt security find it!    >:(

The Equalizer

This is appalling. I can understand the need for random bag and person searches, but use some common sense for Christ's sake.

Contact American Mike and I'm sure he'll be able to help out.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 04, 2010, 11:50:54 AM
This is appalling. I can understand the need for random bag and person searches, but use some common sense for Christ's sake.

Why is it appalling it's a few seconds search, well would be if you just got on with it and didn't waste time arguing about it. How do you know that the lastest Intel isnt that some western oap is likely to blow up a football stadium?

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 04, 2010, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on February 04, 2010, 11:50:54 AM

Why is it appalling it's a few seconds search, well would be if you just got on with it and didn't waste time arguing about it. How do you know that the lastest Intel is that some western oap is likely to blow up a football stadium.

It's disrespectful mate. Not the search itself as much as not being allowed to see a supervisor. That's very wrong.

Lighthouse

I was 12 years doing security of all kinds. But I used to make a point of searching the bloke  or woman (in those days men could search handbags without it being called assault )who complains or the bloke I stopped last time.  I am afraid they have to search old white men with bent backs and sticks (no not you Sir) otherwise young knife wielding maniacs  start complaining they are being victimised.

They probably don't have a supervisior anyway.

On saying that as a very large man with a beard and a nervous disposition I have NEVER been stopped or searched except at Airports.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Why would anyone want to see a supervisor, it's simple they frisk you for twenty seconds and you go on your way, no biggie. i and i'm sure most of you on here have probably been searced in the past, and the last thing i want is to waste time waiting for a supervisor to turn up only to be told that you must still be searced. Are you trying to say that old people shouldn't be searced? what about at airports? If that was the case i'll be a very wealthy man once i retire ;).

White Noise

Its just the way it is. My sons got searched at five and six on a fairly regular basis and its even worse at the cricket. I have never seen so many security staff as they have at The Oval doing body searches for a meaningless Sunday afternoon 20/20 game.

I tend to time my run at Fulham so they have just grabbed someone else, not because I object to the principal of it but it does seems so bloody silly standing there and particularly doing it at Fulham - a more harmless bunch of people you are never going to meet lets face it.

finnster01

I  have no issues with searches. I have to do them everyday in buildings in New York just to go to meetings. Have another one coming up in a couple of hours. It is the same in the City of London if you have to meet with a big bank, the exchange, or even anything foreign.

However, if you have a complaint and want to see a supervisor, you should be able to. That's what I dislike about Mr Peabody's episode more than anything.

OldBrownShoe

It's not for me to suggest that Al-Peabodi looks suspicious or the camel was a giveaway but I wonder if the same random checks are carried out in the Directors' Box!  In what other places where people are gathered in numbers are such checks carried out?  Cinemas? Trains? Railway termini? Coaches? Churches? Oxford Street? Mornington Crescent? Markets?

I was once searched outside Leyton Orient and told I couldn't take a small, clear plastic bottle of Evian in with me. I had no objection to the woman pc searching me but when I asked her why I couldn't take it into the ground it was in case I decided to throw it at the players!
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on February 04, 2010, 12:20:06 PM
I  have no issues with searches. I have to do them everyday in buildings in New York just to go to meetings. Have another one coming up in a couple of hours. It is the same in the City of London if you have to meet with a big bank, the exchange, or even anything foreign.

However, if you have a complaint and want to see a supervisor, you should be able to. That's what I dislike about Mr Peabody's episode more than anything.

To me it dosen't definately read as if he was refused a supervisor ( though dosen't say he could either), it could have been the supervisor who told him the security level has gone up. All in all a case of making a mountain out of a molehill.

finnster01

Maybe, maybe not. He clearly was not very comfortable. Either way a little respect for the elder members of our species is not too much to ask, especially these days

Peabody

Quote from: JBH on February 04, 2010, 11:49:30 AM
Mr Peabody, or should it be Mr Busy Body??

Why don't you remove the Pickle from up your Aris and get over it!

They have a job to do and if it involves some old miserable git getting searched then so be it, the reason they do random searches is as a deterent!

If they caught someone trying to get a knife into the ground which if not found may have ended up in some old moaning miserable git then no doubt you would ask why did'nt security find it!    >:(

Oh so you saw me, must have been when I had both fingers up me bum looking for that pickled onion, after the search, I was hungry. Please dont give judgement on someone you have never seen or indeed do not know. Busybody is the last thing I am

Peabody

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on February 04, 2010, 12:22:03 PM
It's not for me to suggest that Al-Peabodi looks suspicious or the camel was a giveaway but I wonder if the same random checks are carried out in the Directors' Box!  In what other places where people are gathered in numbers are such checks carried out?  Cinemas? Trains? Railway termini? Coaches? Churches? Oxford Street? Mornington Crescent? Markets?

I was once searched outside Leyton Orient and told I couldn't take a small, clear plastic bottle of Evian in with me. I had no objection to the woman pc searching me but when I asked her why I couldn't take it into the ground it was in case I decided to throw it at the players!

Now this is the standard weof reply that I admire, have you read it  JBH?