watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Cardiff tomorrow

Started by Tomo, February 24, 2017, 01:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomo

Big match tomorrow we need to continue the good run of form. I am however very wary of Cardiff's purple patch in form they appear to be a completely different team to the one we battered in the FA Cup.

I'd like to think we would go with the same team as against Bristol City however Fredricks last time out gave them a torrid time, can see them looking to suffocate the ball from TC. I also can see Malone being given a start as again last time against Cardiff had an absolute belter.

My team:

Button
Odoi
Kalas
Ream
Malone

McDonald
Johansen

Piazon
Cairney
Ayite

Kebano

COYW's.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

J.Perkins

Button

Odoi Kalas Ream Sessegnon

Cairney McDonald Johansen

Aluko Kebano Piazon

Bettinelli, Fredericks, Madl, Parker, Ayite, Cyriac, Martin

ThisIsntAJok

Button

Odoi, Kalas, Ream, Sess

KMac, Johansen

Aluko, Cairney, Piazon

Kebano

Betts, Fred, Madl, Malone, Parker, Ayite, Martin

Chutney

Button

Fredericks Kalas Ream Sessegnon

McDonald

Cairney   Johansen

Ayite                                Piazon

Kebano

Bettinelli, Odoi, Madl, Parker, Aluko, Cyriac, Malone

This gives us options from the bench in both attack and defence should we need them.
C O Y W

Fulham Tup North

093.gif   I would start Martin up front.
He has not started for a while, given the fact that he is here to stay, we may as well use him.
He will be chomping at the bit, to play and could be quite useful up front.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Chutney

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 24, 2017, 02:55:05 PM
093.gif   I would start Martin up front.
He has not started for a while, given the fact that he is here to stay, we may as well use him.
He will be chomping at the bit, to play and could be quite useful up front.
COYW

We have won three league games in a row since we dropped him. Last time we played that lump we lost to Birmingham. We are simply a much better team without him!
C O Y W

FFCFOREVER

As you were against Brizzle for me.

westcliff white

Martin would be better suited to the tactics usually employed by defender sunder warnock, and thinking back to the cup game we played decent so could possibly be worth it. Maybe why he got a run out against City
Every day is a Fulham day

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: westcliff white on February 24, 2017, 03:49:54 PM
Martin would be better suited to the tactics usually employed by defender sunder warnock, and thinking back to the cup game we played decent so could possibly be worth it. Maybe why he got a run out against City
You make a good point and I can see what you mean but not sure he would give 100 per cent.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tomo on February 24, 2017, 01:26:27 PM
Big match tomorrow we need to continue the good run of form. I am however very wary of Cardiff's purple patch in form they appear to be a completely different team to the one we battered in the FA Cup.

I'd like to think we would go with the same team as against Bristol City however Fredricks last time out gave them a torrid time, can see them looking to suffocate the ball from TC. I also can see Malone being given a start as again last time against Cardiff had an absolute belter.

My team:

Button
Odoi
Kalas
Ream
Malone

McDonald
Johansen

Piazon
Cairney
Ayite

Kebano

COYW's.
I'd Def start sess over Malone. And I'd still like to see Cyriac start uptop
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on February 24, 2017, 04:10:11 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on February 24, 2017, 03:13:00 PM
As you were against Brizzle for me.

+1

Kebano's finish for the disallowed goal was brilliant. He looks to have goals in him currently IMO
I would also go with the same team, opnly change for me worth considering is Aluko in for Ayite possibly.

I do see the merits of playing Marting for the physical side we will get from Cardiff, Kebano, piazob etc may not be up for that too much. However as I say above same team otr just Aluko coming in
Every day is a Fulham day

HeinekenFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on February 24, 2017, 04:07:59 PM
Quote from: Tomo on February 24, 2017, 01:26:27 PM

My team:

Button
Odoi
Kalas
Ream
Malone

McDonald
Johansen

Piazon
Cairney
Ayite

Kebano

COYW's.
I'd Def start sess over Malone. And I'd still like to see Cyriac start uptop

I agree with this but think we should be a bit wary with Sess given his age and potentially risking burnout. Not a fan of Malone at all but we shouldn't push Sess hard for consecutive starts. Then again, we won at a canter in Bristol so perhaps the majority of players will be fine.

Neil D

Tomo - have you noticed the similarities in our picture thingies?

Carborundum

Agree with Heineken. Leave Sessegnon out of it.  He's had a lot of exposure recently and a Neil Warnock defence can be relied upon to bring its own special measures.  Malone has got his own point to prove in Cardiff and can be relied upon.

I'd be minded to give Martin a run out.  He knows by now that Derby aren't going to be providing a fast track to the Prem and that we just might.  Can see no upside in him not playing to his full ability.

Madl over Ream.  He's just better at defending.

Then perm any two from Aluko, Kebano or Piazon.

Recall LVC from Burton and give one of Johansen or McDonald a rest.

Ok, that last bit isn't going to happen, but he is doing well there and I hope he has a future with us.  His breakthrough performances for us were a ray of sunshine in the gloom and I rate him.

Aberdeenlilwhite22

Curious to know what everyone's thoughts on aluko are? With Fulham being my second team after Aberdeen I have a somewhat tainted view on him and haven't had much of a chance to see him in action for Fulham.

Travers Barney

Quote from: Aberdeenlilwhite22 on February 24, 2017, 08:00:06 PM
Curious to know what everyone's thoughts on aluko are? With Fulham being my second team after Aberdeen I have a somewhat tainted view on him and haven't had much of a chance to see him in action for Fulham.

Good to see that long standing Fulham and Aberdeen affinity being maintained...good old Graham Leggat....as regards Aluko been lovely on the eye on a number of occasions and aside from a few ineffective performances merits inclusion in the team...far more so than Ayite in my opinion...coyw
We are the whites

Aberdeenlilwhite22

Quote from: Travers Barney on February 24, 2017, 08:42:59 PM
Quote from: Aberdeenlilwhite22 on February 24, 2017, 08:00:06 PM

Good to see that long standing Fulham and Aberdeen affinity being maintained...good old Graham Leggat....as regards Aluko been lovely on the eye on a number of occasions and aside from a few ineffective performances merits inclusion in the team...far more so than Ayite in my opinion...coyw

What has his attitude been like? For us he turned up whenever he felt like it, then stabbed us in the back by joining a dying rangers team after refusing a contract. I do believe his attitude was the way it was as he seen himself at a bigger club. I will always remember his goal against Bayern Munich to get us a 2-2 draw at home (although we lost the away leg 5-1). I always rated him he was just very frustrating. Do you still have jack grimmer on your books or did he leave permanently?