watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

George Williams

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, February 25, 2017, 12:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Seems to be banging them in Including penalties.
It doesn't seem that long ago that he was a 'regular' in the Welsh team
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

res

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 25, 2017, 12:31:23 AM
Seems to be banging them in Including penalties.
It doesn't seem that long ago that he was a 'regular' in the Welsh team

Injuries have set him back and he had a forgettable loan spell early this year at MK Dons.....good to see him playing for the U23s which is testing his recovery. I always thought he had a better all round game than Pat Roberts when they were both playing in the youth team but, of course, Roberts always had that extra flair. Time is still on his side...but he needs first team football somewhere.

MJG

Best thing for him is the number of games he's getting in a row now.

filham

Unless he has improved beyond recognition can't se him getting a place in the current Fulham team.

HeinekenFFC

Until he can prove it in League One, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team unless we have a serious injury epidemic.

Sir Craven

Hasn't he been playing Cairney's no 10 role for the u23s? Can't see him playing ahead of TC or Aluko in that role

snarks

Is he worth a place in the squad with Piazon out and if Floyd doesn't recover in time for the next game? Promise he has/had in abundance would be worth seeing how he does

FPT

I knew it would happen, he's now scoring a few and people clamour for him in the team. Would be interesting to see how many have actually seen his performances for the u23s...?

The absolute most important thing for him for the remainder of the season is to carry on playing games to rebuild his strength and momentum. He's had such a disruptive two years that has hurt his development - its why I thought it was better for him to stay here than go out on loan.

Of course, Lucas Piazon's injury (and possibly Floyd Ayite too) gives him an opening into the first team, but we can't rush him in. A knee injury for a player of his style is a serious, serious thing. His time will come, but lets not rush him.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on February 26, 2017, 03:37:47 PM
I knew it would happen, he's now scoring a few and people clamour for him in the team. Would be interesting to see how many have actually seen his performances for the u23s...?

The absolute most important thing for him for the remainder of the season is to carry on playing games to rebuild his strength and momentum. He's had such a disruptive two years that has hurt his development - its why I thought it was better for him to stay here than go out on loan.

Of course, Lucas Piazon's injury (and possibly Floyd Ayite too) gives him an opening into the first team, but we can't rush him in. A knee injury for a player of his style is a serious, serious thing. His time will come, but lets not rush him.
so which is it? dont rush him, or make sure he keeps playing games?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FPT

Quote from: fulhamben on February 26, 2017, 03:45:11 PM
Quote from: FPT on February 26, 2017, 03:37:47 PM

so which is it? dont rush him, or make sure he keeps playing games?

I don't think it is as a contradictory as you are making out.

He is much, much better playing 90 minutes for the U23s, getting back to match fitness than being stop start with the first team. Rushing him, is throwing him on the bench and taking away the regular flow of minutes. His focus has to be being in the best shape for next season whether he gets used this season or not.

Woolly Mammoth

Let Williams keep playing full matches as regularly as possible, unless there is a run of injuries in the first team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 28, 2017, 12:13:53 AM
Let Williams keep playing full matches as regularly as possible, unless there is a run of injuries in the first team.
There is a run of injuries in the first team
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

I'm a big fan of Williams and this run of games is the longest unbroken run hes had since his first injury.

he is on form and should be involved based on that. But its clear that Adeniran is the next inline. Sub the other day and also clearly 19th man on a few occasions.
I know hes more a CM but as we have seen Joka is more than happy to weight his bench that way anyway.

IF we have lost Ayite as well that's the only route in for Williams. It would leave us with Aluko, Cyric, Kebano and Martin for front 3, but again we have seen joka go with only one striker before on the bench. If Martin is in bad books and we see no strikers on bench Saturday then i dont think we will see Williams at all this season.

toshes mate

There seems to be much logic in the way our coaching staff operate their selection regime and I would fully expect to see George selected for first team duties if he convinces he is ready for it.  I have fond memories of the lad playing in a Welsh shirt and would love him to climb back to those heady heights again.  If he is good enough it'll happen.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on February 28, 2017, 08:42:41 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 28, 2017, 12:13:53 AM
There is a run of injuries in the first team

Hmmm come to think of it, there is.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.