more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RYAN SESSEGNON

Started by Jims Dentist, February 26, 2017, 05:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Quote from: Statto on February 26, 2017, 08:27:07 PM
If we got £20m for Cairney, even if we tried to re-invest most of that money in his position, I don't think we'd find someone of the same quality prepared to come and play in this league, under our wage structure etc. But there are still those who say we should cash in and use the money to improve the squad.

Sessegnon, on the other hand, is hardly any (if at all) better than Malone, a bang average championship full back. Of course he'll probably be one of the best in the world in a few years' time, but in terms of what he contributes to the team at this point in time, this season, you could easily buy someone else to do that for <£1m.

So to me, if we can keep him great, because he's one of the few players who might actually be good enough for the premier league in due course, but he's going to go sooner or later, so if in the meantime we've the opportunity to cash in, for me that seems a no-brainer.

Re: your first point, it's not a matter of objectively not being able to improve the squad - but it is definitely a gamble which is most of the time not worth taking. In Jozabed who has a good La Liga record and technical ability which is surely comparable to Cairney for a good price, obviously though it wasn't to be - but there is talent out there.

Sessegnon though has one of the best end products in our squad, going forward he invariably makes the right ball for an assist and seems to find himself in the right spot for a goal. Defensively though he's not much help right now, seems to be positionally and physically out of his depth at this point. His quality is obviously so great it would be invaluable for us to keep him for a while as he continues to develop and hopefully get a blockbuster fee when he inevitably leaves. He's destined for a big club at some point.

VicHalomsLovechild

The "Derby player affair" showed a distinct change in the Clubs attitude. Doing what's best for Fulham FC. I'd imagine the managers recent contract negotiations would of included a discussion involving who gets to say who stays and who goes and as already mentioned buying in young talent can be a bit hit and miss. I hope we sign him up and keep hold of Woodrow, Christensen and our other young talent.

toshes mate

Quote from: fulhamben on February 26, 2017, 05:47:37 PM
the best for the club, would surely be to keep hold of one of the best young talents in the country. we could potentially not need to buy a left back for 20 years. plus he is class

Nothing I can add to that.

+1

bencher

To offer a slightly different perspective, I wonder if getting promoted (this season) might not be such a good thing in terms of his development. At the moment he's getting regular games at senior level, in a team which dominates games. Assuming we'd be lower half or in a relegation battle in the PL next year, would we be prepared to trust a kid? Would he get the same amount of gametime as he does at the moment? At the moment he's clearly stronger going forward than defending, and there'd be pressure to bring in someone with more experience (and more quality than Malone) to be first choice LB.

alfie

To be honest it matters not one jot if he has an agent who looking at earning big money, if those "big" clubs come a calling, does not matter what we offer him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Quote from: bencher on February 27, 2017, 08:10:03 AM
To offer a slightly different perspective, I wonder if getting promoted (this season) might not be such a good thing in terms of his development. At the moment he's getting regular games at senior level, in a team which dominates games. Assuming we'd be lower half or in a relegation battle in the PL next year, would we be prepared to trust a kid? Would he get the same amount of gametime as he does at the moment? At the moment he's clearly stronger going forward than defending, and there'd be pressure to bring in someone with more experience (and more quality than Malone) to be first choice LB.

I would certainly trust Sessegnon in the PL on the basis of his performance against Spurs in the Cup.  He oozes confidence and class and he is only sixteen.  Fulham should do everything they can to hang on to the lad as I am sure they will do.

Rambler

If we sell him (inevitably when) all I ask is that its not on a free due to his contract running down like Dembele.

That would be a monumental cock up from the club.

Honestly I think we should rinse the purchasing club for as much as they can. 30+ mil and 50% sell on clause.

Tomo

From what I believe from reports I've read from last year a pre-contract agreement is already in place and will become active on his 17th birthday (a two year deal is the most we can offer)

Ideally from a selfish stand point you would want to keep a hold of him for the rest of his career. However if he wants to play at the highest possible level he will inevitably leave us, which is the nature of the game we are in. I think what would be best for the club is to hold onto him for the new couple of years and when he begins to get itchy feet sell him to highest paying suitor with our best interests in mind (i.e. First option on loans + buy back clause if things don't work out + hefty sell-on fee)

I am quite optimistic about Ryan's future as I believe his head is in the right place and being that he is a local lad it's nice to see him get a run out.

Keep the faith!
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

filham

Keep him for as long as possible but make sure that when he leaves we get a nice fat fee. He must not be allowed to walk away and sign for a club of his choice in the same way as Dembele did.