more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RYAN SESSEGNON

Started by Jims Dentist, February 26, 2017, 05:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Question,

With so many top clubs interested in our young star prospect, what would be best for Fulham FC?

If high bids came in for him in the summer £8m+ and a sell on clause, would this money be valuable in getting players in for next season and give the club a really positive chance for promotion.

Or should we hold on to him?

I think most would agree that the best thing for Ryan would be to stay with us, but the question is what is best for the club??

fulhamben

the best for the club, would surely be to keep hold of one of the best young talents in the country. we could potentially not need to buy a left back for 20 years. plus he is class
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Just been voted best 16yo in Europe.
Keep Keep Keep...No way let him go,I don't think the boy is like Roberts,I believe he wants to stay..

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 26, 2017, 05:57:59 PM
Keep Keep Keep...No way let him go,I don't think the boy is like Roberts,I believe he wants to stay..

I agree with Mince, an absolute must keep.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

e4b

Hope he signs a contract in May when he turns 17

Twig

Quote from: e4b on February 26, 2017, 06:15:15 PM

I would love him to sign a contract but I think it is long odds on that he will go.

AlexW132

Keep. Outstanding talent and has the maturity and hopefully loyalty to go with it.

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 26, 2017, 05:57:59 PM

Agree,agree,agree. Playing him is prerequisite to Sess staying.

I think Joka would have played Roberts rather than wrap him in cotton wool as Kit did. We may have have kept him longer had that

been the case.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

WoodyFFC73

Quote from: Twig on February 26, 2017, 06:23:37 PM
Quote from: e4b on February 26, 2017, 06:15:15 PM

I would love him to sign a contract but I think it is long odds on that he will go.

Hasn't he got some kind of obligation to sign a pro contract in May? Not sure how it works but I thought he'd signed a pre contract type thing ahead of signing pro. Jok said something about it, he can't just leave for peanuts like Dembele at least. I have a feeling that he will stay with us, particularly if we performed a miracle this season and went up

e4b

Think he knows if he goes anywhere else he will not get many first team games. His brother is here and seems happy. From what i have heard his parents are happy with the way the club has looked after their kids.In two years time he will have a lot more experience and be able to command a much higher wage.     So he will probably have gone by next season.

ffcthereligion

Massively overhyped and cant defend, however a great asset going forward! Keep

FPT

We should sell (at some point). It is why we invested so much in our academy, it replaces the income we'll lose to bigger football clubs - we're growing our own money and Ryan Sessegnon will be part of that growth.

How long can we keep him for? Well, he'll sign a contract in May but the important thing would be to try and sign him to another one as soon as possible to contract him to a further age and give us some negotiation power - a potential deal for Ryan Sessegnon should be eight-figures with a two at the start at the least.

Southampton sold Gareth Bale to Tottenham ten years ago this summer for a potential deal of £10m (reduced to £7m when Southampton were in the financial dog-turd). Theo Walcott was a deal for a potential £12m (reduced to £9.1m for the same reasons). These two deals were done a decade and 11 years ago, both after one full season; Bale was the same age that Sessegnon will be, Walcott a year older. Luke Shaw had two seasons in the Premier League and was sold for £30m. Callum Chambers was sold to Arsenal after 22 Premier League appearances for a potential £16m.

His development is best placed here, we all know this, and I think (most importantly) Ryan feels this as well (as shown by him signing a new contract).

We will sell eventually, it makes sense to. I don't think this summer is the best timing for anyone. Our squad is in place and I'm looking forward to spending more of our yearly transfer budget on just 4/5 players rather than rebuilding an entire squad. Would a summer Sess sale help that? Of course, so I can see why the men in charge of the figures would be interested. However, it seems Tony Khan and Slavisa, importantly, are on the same page; don't underestimate how important that can be when making these decisions. I think Sessegnon stays next season, beyond that would depend on our division I think. If promotion doesn't come this year, I truly anticipate it the year after with the progress under Slavisa.

hovewhite

Slav has said hes agreed pre contract deal so KEEP.

NJFulham

He is playing for the first team, unlike Roberts.

Fulham Tup North

Why would he leave? We will be in the prem next season
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Baszab

Sorry to say....Spurs already well into negotiations for him

One Martin Thomas

Please not Spurs. Hate everything about them. Rather we sold out to Chelsea and did a deal on Kalas; who may I add is very well positioned to talk to Sess about signing for a big club.

Sess is not quite there as a defender and needs time. Due to his physique, he is a few years off Premier League top four. IMO. Stay lad and learn. The riches will come.

HectorWeso

Quote from: Baszab on February 26, 2017, 07:30:50 PM

yeah, you know that do you?

fingers on lips pls u mong

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Baszab on February 26, 2017, 07:30:50 PM
What is the source of your assertion please?  Or is it just a hunch/speculation?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

e4b

I've heard it's Liverpool,blue poo,and the arse. All just paper talk