watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leroy Rosenior

Started by Funky Fulham Dave, February 27, 2017, 03:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funky Fulham Dave

A really interesting interview on TALKSPORT this afternoon with Leroy Rosenior talking about his forthcoming autobiography "It's Only Banter".

Saw Leroy make his Fulham debut in the 1982/83 away to Leicester City on 4th December, which didn't end well for either Fulham or Leroy as we went down 0-2 with Leroy sustaining a broken collar bone.

Take a look on YOUTUBE of one of Leroy's video's with regard to his work with Stand Up To Racism; It really is interesting stuff that covers his life in football and Fulham in particular.

049:gif

nose

i was at filbert street for that game and if I recall it was andy thomas's debut too.
we were unlucky to lose both ivor and dean coney for the game... our front line wasn't the same

beijing ben

My hero. Didn't realise he had an autobiography coming out. Will definitely get a copy and will inform the Sierra Leone community of Beijing (of which there are a number and they love the Rosenior family)

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: beijing ben on February 27, 2017, 10:29:27 PM
My hero. Didn't realise he had an autobiography coming out. Will definitely get a copy and will inform the Sierra Leone community of Beijing (of which there are a number and they love the Rosenior family)

Yes he is a big hero in Sierra Leon.

If your able to access TALKSPORT RADIO Leroy's interview was part of the Hawksby and Jacobs show (1pm -4pm) on Monday, 27 February. It should be available as a podcast.

Some really interesting stuff that Leroy prefaced as part of the book launce; One was his original Christian name was not Leroy but something much more surprising altogether. I won't spoil the surprise only to say you'll never guess in a million years.

bog

Leroy was an excellent pundit when then BBC covered the Nationwide league. Miles better that the nonsense we have to put up with on C5.

092.gif

The Swan

Liam was just interviewed on Radio 5 Live just before the game against Newcastle.

He spoke very well and he is hoping to play in the Premier League next season.
The Swan

Twig

Quote from: bog on February 28, 2017, 04:51:37 PM
Leroy was an excellent pundit when then BBC covered the Nationwide league. Miles better that the nonsense we have to put up with on C5.

092.gif

Completely agree with that.

filham

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on February 28, 2017, 04:21:02 PM

If your able to access TALKSPORT RADIO Leroy's interview was part of the Hawksby and Jacobs show (1pm -4pm) on Monday, 27 February. It should be available as a podcast.

Some really interesting stuff that Leroy prefaced as part of the book launce; One was his original Christian name was not Leroy but something much more surprising altogether. I won't spoil the surprise only to say you'll never guess in a million years.

Killroy perhaps. Anyone else remember the "Killroy was here"phase.

RaySmith

Heard both Leroy and Liam's interviews- great stuff.

Leroy's made me angry, and was very moving, while Liam spoke articulately about the struggle of his father's generation, which has meant his own experience in the game has been much better.

I remember them both as top players for Fulham.

beijing ben

Hopefully i can. Cheers

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: nose on February 27, 2017, 07:53:48 PM
i was at filbert street for that game and if I recall it was andy thomas's debut too.
we were unlucky to lose both ivor and dean coney for the game... our front line wasn't the same

Thinking about Leroy and his debut in that bittersweet 1982-83 came about, as you rightly say, only because of injuries to both Gordon Davies and Dean Coney.

It's also really interesting to note that up until and including the 1-0 home victory over Sheffield Wednesday in late November, Gordon Davies had scored an incredible 14 league goals in 14 matches.

In hindsight that Sheffield Wednesday game was pivotal. Coney went off injured with a sprained ankle and was joined by Davies, fouled quite unnecessarily on the final whistle by Wednesday's  supposed hard-man Mick Lyons.

Davies - as well as Coney -  missed the next couple of games and when he came back he was never quite the same and managed just a paltry five goals in 24 games, a measly return in comparison to his early season form.

And I'm sure you won't need reminding who scored the winner in the return match up at Hillsborough toward the season's end but one Michael Lyons.

Life and football just ain't fair.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: filham on March 01, 2017, 11:54:29 AM

Killroy perhaps. Anyone else remember the "Killroy was here"phase.

No not Killroy, but Killroy does have the 2nd, 3rd & 4th letters of his original Christian name.

So you're nearly there.

thebumponleroyshead

Leroy was my first word not mum or dad, no joke, need I say more, hero.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

thebumponleroyshead

Leeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooyyyyyy
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

filham

Leroy was one of our well remembered strikers and we all loved his enthusiasm and effort. Love to have someone like him in the team at the moment.

filham

Double page spread in today's Telegraph Sport reviewing Leroy's book, sounds a good read.

Doesn't mention that he was a real lion hearted strikerand so popular with us Fulham Fans. Remember the chan---- LE--ROY.