watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why do so many people

Started by Snibbo, February 28, 2017, 12:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

... not finish the subject line of their posts?

It's become an epidemic. Seems like it's been adopted from all the 'clickbait' online articles.

Would be nice if we could see the full subject of the post, so that we can decide if it's a subject we are interested in before clicking on the post.

Whinge over.

nose

good post... think i am probably one of the guilty and if i am not then i certainly could be.

Sgt Fulham

Mince n Tatties

Not last night but the night before...............................

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

H4usuallysitting

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Surely yours should have been............

"Why do so many people not finish the subject line of their posts"  :0)

Or have I been.............
Either way it.............
It is so...........
How can people do............
I get annoyed by......

Oh Bollo............
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

bobby01

Fair point, I shall bear it in mind, I have been quilty of this.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

King_Crud

TEN POSTS ON FOF THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND, YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT......

General

I think social media has had a huge influence on that. It's very prevalent. Funnily enough I was watching a comedy panel show - I think something like QI, Never mind the buzzcocks or something the other day and I remember finding them trashy and not at all funny when they started out and that it didn't at all stay in line with what I believed was popular concensus or indeed humour... now though they're institutions and i couldn't help but think about how easily we're led over actually having an opinion for ourselves now.

Clickbait is something I fall for and loathe, all these metrics on social media re reach, it's screams populism/fashion and trends and you get hyper edited videos as a result... content has suffered a lot in my life time because of these sites and suggestive headlines - it's a full time job now just trying to be selective when everything seems like it could be of interest or have merit.

Last two presidential elections have been won in the U.S due to the use of social media.

bobbo

I did it once and decided not to do it anymore. Those who do it are expecting everyone to read on, but they probably would anyway.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Andy S

Its a bit like Club call from way back before the internet. They would put a taster in the front headline and talk about it last and none of it was newsworthy. I'm glad I called it from work and it never cost a penny

davew

It is to create.................curiousity
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 28, 2017, 04:08:23 AM
Not last night but the night before...............................

forgive me

24 robbers knocking on my door... it was driving me mad leaving your opener unfinished!

The Road Less Travelled

Titles and headlines should tell you enough so you can decide whether you're interested in reading the content, not so little that you have to read the content to figure out what the title actually relates to.

It's up there with slideshows and lists across 3/4/5 pages in being one of the things I hate most about modern/online journalism.  But clicks rather than quality = money.