more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thanos Pestos

Started by Riverside, March 01, 2017, 09:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Pestos seems to have disappeared .

Is he injured or just not considered good enough ?

H4usuallysitting

Greek tragedy?........ Maybe getting used to Championship footie

FPT

I do feel it was reported that he picked up a training ground injury and hasn't been available.

On this sort of subject: I think it's likely we'll need a couple of central midfielders in the summer with Petsos likely going back at this rate, Scott Parker possibly calling an end to his playing career and question marks still hovering about Jozabed's future in England. Christensen coming back will hopefully lessen the void, but depth and competition for McDonald and Cairney will still likely be required.

MJG

He got injured in training. Not sure how bad, but that's why hes not been around. Was mentioned by SJ on Friday prior to weekends game that he was still out.

westcliff white

he was injured in training after making two appearences on the bench when he first arrived, however it was said to be a slight knock. A slight knock for me is 7-10 days, so eiether worse injury than first thought, or he hasnt impressed since he returned from the knock or as you say just hasnt impressed.
Every day is a Fulham day

toshes mate

Quote from: FPT on March 01, 2017, 09:30:03 AM
I do feel it was reported that he picked up a training ground injury and hasn't been available.

On this sort of subject: I think it's likely we'll need a couple of central midfielders in the summer with Petsos likely going back at this rate, Scott Parker possibly calling an end to his playing career and question marks still hovering about Jozabed's future in England. Christensen coming back will hopefully lessen the void, but depth and competition for McDonald and Cairney will still likely be required.

Good response and you even took the trouble to spell his name correctly which is the way to make him feel right at home here.  I suspect the slight knock may have been an aggravating one which is why he hasn't figured.  (We should all note Ragnar Sigurdsson played last Friday against Charlton)

Tomo

According to reports he is quite injury prone..
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

filham

With Tunnicliffe moving out in the winter window I imagined Petros was bought in to replace him as cover for McDonald.
If Petros is not fit then it would seem that an injury or suspension to McDonald is critical, can't think who replaces him for 90 minutes.

Greek

Slight injury I think.

He is not injury prone and is a very good mid imo. Remember I was the one who predicted Mitroglou would bomb at Fulham..  092.gif

Talking of Mitroglou.. I think he is one of the top scorers in Europe atm. 12 goals in 15 games in all comps for Benfica.

justinfromga

Quote from: filham on March 01, 2017, 11:50:14 AM
With Tunnicliffe moving out in the winter window I imagined Petros was bought in to replace him as cover for McDonald.
If Petros is not fit then it would seem that an injury or suspension to McDonald is critical, can't think who replaces him for 90 minutes.

Ream I'd imagine.  Play Madl beside Kalas and move Ream into the midfield.  I'm not in love with it but I imagine that's what SJ would do.  Or hope McDonald only had to miss one match and try to get by with Parker for 90 minutes.

cmg

Quote from: gang on March 01, 2017, 04:12:41 PM
Quote from: Greek on March 01, 2017, 03:44:39 PM
Slight injury I think.

He is not injury prone and is a very good mid imo. Remember I was the one who predicted Mitroglou would bomb at Fulham..  092.gif

Talking of Mitroglou.. I think he is one of the top scorers in Europe atm. 12 goals in 15 games in all comps for Benfica.

Sorry but what does bomb at Fulham mean, is it good or bad?
I know he didn't make it but I just don't understand the meaning.

Mr Greek predicted from the start that Mitroglou would not work out at Fulham and provided a number of reasons for this.

His occasional contributions are (to me, at least) most valuable as they provide a knowledgeable viewpoint from an area of Europe where we have done quite a bit of business in recent years.

Greek

Quote from: gang on March 01, 2017, 04:12:41 PM
Sorry but what does bomb at Fulham mean, is it good or bad?
I know he didn't make it but I just don't understand the meaning.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bombed

Twig

Guys, his name is Petsos.  It is not Pestos and it is not Petros.  I don't care about general misspelling or getting the names of opposition players wrong, but shouldn't we try to get our own players' names right out of respect?

filham

Quote from: Twig on March 01, 2017, 05:41:04 PM
Guys, his name is Petsos.  It is not Pestos and it is not Petros.  I don't care about general misspelling or getting the names of opposition players wrong, but shouldn't we try to get our own players' names right out of respect?

Quite right but us older fans do struggle a little with all these unusual name from overseas.
Felt much more comfortable when Smith was here, could manage that without difficulty.

filham

Quote from: justinfromga on March 01, 2017, 04:29:09 PM
Quote from: filham on March 01, 2017, 11:50:14 AM

Ream I'd imagine.  Play Madl beside Kalas and move Ream into the midfield.  I'm not in love with it but I imagine that's what SJ would do.  Or hope McDonald only had to miss one match and try to get by with Parker for 90 minutes.

No, we musn't disturb that delicate back four which is just about working by pushing Ream forward and doubt if Parker can last for 90 minutes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tomo on March 01, 2017, 11:33:54 AM
According to reports he is quite injury prone..

There's a surprise !
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.