watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

London Football Awards 2017 Results (inc two FFC winners):

Started by FPT, March 01, 2017, 07:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Fulham have nominations in a number of categories, as opposed to last year, when Moussa Dembele pipped Ross McCormack and others to be named the London Football League Player of the Year as well as the Frenchman having a nomination for Young Player of the Year (beaten by Dele Alli).

Below are the categories including Fulham FC [winners have been underlined]:

Manager of the Year:

Antonio Conte
Mauricio Pochettino
Slavisa Jokanovic
Neil Harris
Neal Ardley

Football League Player of the Year:

Sone Aluko
Tom Cairney
Scott Hogan
Alex Smithies
John Akinde

Young Player of the Year:

Dele Alli
Hector Bellerin
Alex Iwobi
Ryan Sessegnon
Ademola Lookman

Community Project of the Year:

Fulham Foundation's Feltham Young Offenders Institute programme
Crystal Palace's Powerchair Football
Leyton Orient's DCD Football

There's also an additional Outstanding Contribution to London Football award which is announced on the night. That is currently held by John Terry. The criteria for that is "Player, Manager or Administrator who has made a significant contribution to football in London," which makes me wonder about George Cohen given his new statue and the charities set up by him in partnership with the Foundation. I think we could all agree he would be a worthy winner but we shall see!

dannyboi-ffc

Cairney wins his category no problem. I think Conte wins the manager sadly and Sess should win young player if club snobbery doesn't come into it.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FPT

Slavisa Jokanovic and Ryan Sessegnon both miss out - Slavisa losing to Antonio Conte and Sessegnon missing out to Dele Alli.

Other awards still to be announced.

FPT

Outstanding Contribution to London Football is the next award. Quick note: Hugo Lloris won London Goalkeeper of the Year.

Frank Lampard wins the Outstanding Contribution award after John Terry last year. With him retiring, it's not really a surprise.

Nero

Quote from: FPT on March 02, 2017, 08:34:57 PM
Slavisa Jokanovic and Ryan Sessegnon both miss out - Slavisa losing to Antonio Conte and Sessegnon missing out to Dele Alli.

Other awards still to be announced.

Ryan would have probably won it if he was allowed to stay up late to collect it

FPT

London Football League Player of the Year: Unsurprisingly is Tom Cairney.

Will be stunned if he's not at least nominated for the end of season Championship Player of the Year, as well as featuring in the Team of the Season.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FPT on March 02, 2017, 09:30:28 PM
Outstanding Contribution to London Football is the next award. Quick note: Hugo Lloris won London Goalkeeper of the Year.

Frank Lampard wins the Outstanding Contribution award after John Terry last year. With him retiring, it's not really a surprise.

Scott Parker to win this next season?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

davew

Sorry but I cannot get excited about award ceremonies, thought I had won 25k the other night on betting on the best film award at the Oscars, yes La La Land, the saving grace was that the credit card company had tried to ring me to say they could not authorise the payment, pure theatre!! Fortunately I was out moonlighting so missed the call!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FPT

N'Golo Kante has been named Premier League Player of the Year. Stiff-arming (in typical Kante fashion) Dele Alli, Alexis Sanchez, Diego Costa and Danny Rose to take the crown.

FPT

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 02, 2017, 09:42:12 PM
Quote from: FPT on March 02, 2017, 09:30:28 PM

Scott Parker to win this next season?

Quite possibly. Presume he still holds the record to play for the most London clubs in the Premier League. That and captaining England makes him, at the very least, a future winner of that award.

filham

Not really important in comparison to a top six finish but nice to know that we have players in contention.

davew

Chris Martin just awarded absentee of the year!! Didn't turn up to collect his award either!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: davew on March 02, 2017, 10:34:14 PM
Chris Martin just awarded absentee of the year!! Didn't turn up to collect his award either!!
Lovely :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FPT

Unable to update given board being down (at least for me) all day. Fulham also clinched Community Project of the Year. Nice pictures knocking around of Cairney and Cohen. Looked a good evening - lets hope we take the momentum into the weekend and finish Saturday with 3 points. Then use that momentum into Tuesday and finish Tuesday with three more points. And then...

filham

Well done Tom Cairney , please follow it up with your best performance and a goal against Preston tomorrow.