watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you have supported Fulham Park Rangers

Started by Andy S, March 03, 2017, 01:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

If the unthinkable had happened in 1987 would you have  supported Fulham Park Rangers? May be you would have followed another club or like me supported nobody

mrmicawbers

Can you imagine the total mayhem between the two sets of fans supporting the same team.Interesting to say the least. But really unimaginable.

FFCFOREVER

I was only eight yrs old at the time in 1987 so I didnt know the rtrue rivalry between the two clubs.But knowing what FFC means to my whole family I dont think we would have supported another team,especially one associated with the ha ha's.That is just unthinkable.

bog

filham

I don't think so it would have been a step too far from Fulham at the Cottage.
The two seasons we had to spend at Loftus Road was bad enough, just think of the joy when we returned to the Cottage and were able to re establish our true identity.

F(f)CUK

I probably would have supported AFC Wimbledon

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

It would never have worked for a ship load of reasons. The whole insidious idea was as dirty as a coal miners underwear in January.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

Would have rather have done an AFC Wimbledon kinda thing and create a new club

Peabody

toshes mate

During the incident leading up to FPR nothing was further from my mind than supporting something that didn't even exist, and my only concern was what I could do to preserve Fulham FC for the future.  Although an absolutely hypothetical feeling I don't think I would have chosen to follow FPR had Fulham not survived.   I am following the story of Leyton Orient with concern and hope they too survive because of the efforts of the people who truly love the Club.  I think the rise of AFC Wimbledon as a south west London club would be the way to go if anything happened to a club you truly and seriously love and the fans who have brought a Merton based club back from the dead have my total admiration. 

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

bill taylors apprentice

No!
When you have the image of players such as Legatt, Langley, Cohen, Haynes, Conway, Barrett etc etc playing at CC in your mind I could never do it !

Woolly Mammoth

You left out Maurice Cook, Derek Lampe, Frank Large and Eddie Lowe, all had hearts as big as a Size 5, 32 Panel Mitre Multiplex Match Ball.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Football is a loyalty thing. FPR would not be the club we supported so no doubt I would have gone to watch more County League Games and turned my back on the game in the bigger leagues. As it is, football has been relegated for me. Fulham remain the be all and end all but my general interest in the game has diminished. Without Fulham there would have been no point. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SP

I don't think so but I can't actually remember.

Supermitch

It would have been a very difficult position but I recall stating I could not support the FPR club.  Would have turned my back on supporting a league club and focused even more on non league football.