watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your Second Choice Team

Started by filham, March 04, 2017, 10:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I think a lot of us who are staunch Fulham fans have soft spots for one or two other teams usually because of some remote Fulham links. Brighton for instance because over the years there has been a good movement of players between the clubs.

For the rest of the season I will be keeping a sharp eye on Burton's results . LVC and Cauley were a couple of my favourite Fulham youngsters and they both seem to be doing well at Burton and could be key players in a relegation battle.
I wish them the best of luck and still have vision of a successful return to Fulham for both of them.

mrmicawbers

aaronmcguigan

Sgt Fulham

Leicester even before they won the league. Not anymore.

keith

Coming from the Elephant And Castle...Millwall.

HatterDon

I've started an extra-marital dalliance with Borussia Dortmund -- lots of movement, lots of goals, insane supporters, ON TELEVISION EVERY WEEK.

Then there's also, USMNT, USWNT, and LTFC down in the 4th tier.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham Tup North

I always look out for the Hartlepool score.... because that's where my lovely wife comes from.

And back in the old days, we used to go to Hartlepool to visit her family and I could go to the game or Darlington / York / Grimsby etc.  I remember watching us in 1992 away to Scarborough.  We drew 2-2 and Tony Warner played a blinder.
I hope they stay up this season.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Millwall, because I am from the Isle of Dogs, and to a slightly lesser extent Plymouth Argyle, both for family reasons.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

outside of any Fulham team it is Southend
Every day is a Fulham day

malc

Nobody in England really but I always look out for Dunfermline's results in Scotland

YankeeJim

There are other football teams?                           

Nah
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Andy S

Not really. I used to watch the Haha's with my brother in the early days and I now live in Watford. I am always interested in their results but follow them no

Shredhead

Quote from: filham on March 04, 2017, 10:58:42 AM
I think a lot of us who are staunch Fulham fans have soft spots for one or two other teams usually because of some remote Fulham links. Brighton for instance because over the years there has been a good movement of players between the clubs.

For the rest of the season I will be keeping a sharp eye on Burton's results . LVC and Cauley were a couple of my favourite Fulham youngsters and they both seem to be doing well at Burton and could be key players in a relegation battle.
I wish them the best of luck and still have vision of a successful return to Fulham for both of them.
[/quote
Quote from: filham on March 04, 2017, 10:58:42 AM

NOT Brighton! Fulham fans who live there just want to see the back of them after 4 self-inflicted defeats. Let them go up and get relegated next season when we go up as Champions.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Williams Tale

Fulham tup north , the 2-2 away draw to scarborough was august 1995 and Tony lange was our keeper if my memory serves me right !

toshes mate

I have never had a nominal second club but I always go for the underdogs when watching neutral games.  I had a slight fling watching Exeter's home games a long while back when I lived and worked there for a relatively short time but there has only ever been Fulham for me.

FFCFOREVER

Carborundum

Quote from: toshes mate on March 05, 2017, 09:27:48 AM
I have never had a nominal second club but I always go for the underdogs when watching neutral games.  I had a slight fling watching Exeter's home games a long while back when I lived and worked there for a relatively short time but there has only ever been Fulham for me.
I had a three year fling with Exeter too when living there.  The ground had a lot of character and a fair few characters. Grew up in Colchester, followed them home and away and loved it.  The Conference seasons were honestly the best of the lot.  Still tease my son along the lines of if we drew them in the Cup, I'd wave from the Putney end.  So he thinks Fulham are my second team.

Enjoyed the experience of following a local team so much, was determined that my son should have the same, provided he liked sports.  He did, we chose Fulham, where I had been many times as an away fan.  He was just six and after dabbling that year, took the plunge and bought season tickets five years ago. It's been brilliant as a father/son activity.  Even though the team has been, until recently, well you know how they have been.

By now Fulham aren't my second team. But I'm not a particularly tribal person and know myself well enough to realise that my passion is actually live football.  Supporting one team at the match is part of a bigger deal for me.

gang

Sankt Pauli and anyone playing Chelsea.

Keynsham

Bath City and AFC Wimbledon.

mrmicawbers

Falkirk and Forfar not sure Why?