watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done Fulham

Started by The Swan, March 07, 2017, 10:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I was so nervous I did not switch on my computer until ten o'clock.
It must have been great when we scored so late.
They did the same to us when we played them at their place.
All we have to do now to keep our chance of reaching the playoff is to win at Newcastle on Saturday.
The Swan

Fulham76

Quote from: The Swan on March 07, 2017, 10:12:13 PM
All we have to do now to keep our chance of reaching the playoff is to win at Newcastle on Saturday.

Easy peezy

davew

It was, but I am now sitting at an A & E centre waiting to be treated for stress!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

hovewhite

A tight well fought contest,they pressed us at every opportunitty making it a very uncomfortable evening but we showed great character to level with not far off the last kick of the game.

Woolly Mammoth

The encouraging part was that we never gave up and in the end got some justice.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 07, 2017, 10:41:57 PM
The encouraging part was that we never gave up and in the end got some justice.
A great shame we gave them a goal start so early, I expect everybody will slag off Ream and maybe Button, but it was what it was and we fought back, not like a lot of Fulham sides in the past, I will just say well done and it's goodnight from him!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulhamfan666

we played like poo 90 minutes plus and then we scored.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on March 07, 2017, 11:38:59 PM
Shouldn't you be in bed?? It's a School night you know!!!!  :( 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bobbo

That goal start was nothing less than a bit of bad luck , it happens to the best of teams and players. Ream certainly made up for it with his performance afterwards.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 07, 2017, 11:42:00 PM
Shouldn't you be in bed?? It's a School night you know!!!!  :(
hahahahaha thinking I still go to school /jokes

Dodger53

Ream is always a cock up waiting to happen!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 08, 2017, 12:59:58 AM
Ream is always a cock up waiting to happen!

So is my pet Red Rooster.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffc73

No. Defeat at Newcastle is not the end.

We have to at least win our game in hand and then match Wednesday's results over the remaining games so when we visit them on the last day of the season a win and we leapfrog them.

snarks

The team dominated last night, yes not as many clear chances but Leeds had done their homework, they doubled up on Aluko/Fredrick and Kebano/Malone/Sess all night their intention to defend and try and score on the break. They were delaying everything for as long as they could. Even one of the Leeds feed said wrongly disallowed goal and a penalty for Fulham not given. A draw was the very least we deserved. Any Leeds fan who thinks they were unlucky was at another game. Any Fulham fan who thinks we didn't deserve to win, I really question what they saw.

MJG

Quote from: bobbo on March 07, 2017, 11:55:03 PM
That goal start was nothing less than a bit of bad luck , it happens to the best of teams and players. Ream certainly made up for it with his performance afterwards.
Agreed. Defender scores OG, happens to them all.

dannyboi-ffc

I thought the only player who showed himself up was Malone. Ream played well and the own goal was just unfortunate.

However, Malone was a big let down. Sess is so much better and I think we might have to reconsider rotating them. Sess needs to play against Blackburn and Wolves in a row for example.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

toshes mate

Not the greatest football show on Earth for lots of different reasons but at least, by the end, some semblance of justice was done. Feel sorry for Tim Ream because it was a purely freak own goal.   How Kebano's 'goal' was not seen and given by the officials I'll never know because it wasn't even a marginal cross of the line - the ball bounced closer to the net than it was to the goal line.  Cairney's finish at the death was superb.  Let us hope our possession and dominance are better rewarded on Saturday at St James' Park for lots of different reasons. 

The Swan

We were robbed as I have just seen the Kebano's goal which should have been allowed.
For the older generation it was the same as Geoff Hurst goal in the 1966 world cup final at Wembley.
The Swan

snarks

Well if they couldn't see frank lampards against Germany at a World Cup, mendez for Spurs against Man U, this just falls in to the same catagory of "goals that never were"

filham

You just couldn't have been at the Cottage watching the same game as me.
Fulham were terrific, every player putting in a good performance and we thoroughly deserved a win.
Hard to find any negative but we do need to improve our corner kicks, we had so may but all proved to be fruitless.