watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kebano's Goal

Started by Dodgin, March 08, 2017, 12:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Couldn't tell at the game but Kebano's strike did cross the line looking at it on the PC.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

We were 50yds away and could see it was well over. Leeds are pants, and their support is a monotonous drone of dillusion, because they are sh1t. Hope we draw them in the playoffs, as long as cwissy has been elbowed that is.

westcliff white

I htought it was over. I hate front on shots though as it is never clear as you cant see if all the ball is all the way over. Buyt for me in this case was certainly a goal
Every day is a Fulham day

OdecaMynoT

D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

res

Looked well over the line...but the ref./linesman have to make an immediate decision so not easy for them....next season's goalline technology for the Championship so maybe we'll be given it then!
Kebano, again, looking a goal threat.

JoelH5

It was over the line but as someone said, it's difficult. You're being biased if you say it was an easy decision.

Still, it's still in our hands. Match Shef Wed's points until the last game of the season, turn them over and then we're in the play-offs!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

nose

Quote from: res on March 08, 2017, 08:19:15 AM
Looked well over the line...but the ref./linesman have to make an immediate decision so not easy for them....next season's goalline technology for the Championship so maybe we'll be given it then!
Kebano, again, looking a goal threat.

it was an easy descision, the ball was over the line, it was a goal, the ref just g=had to be able to see that, so should the linesman who actually wasn't watching, you only had to watch the other forwards to know we scored a la roger hunt!!!

westcliff white

the ref looking front on could not give it it has to be the linesman from the side, but he still should have seen that.

rweller86

I looked over to the linesman when it crossed the line, he wasn't up with play. Which is poor considering there were players about 6 yards from goal!
@rweller

westcliff white

Quote from: rweller86 on March 08, 2017, 09:10:17 AM
I looked over to the linesman when it crossed the line, he wasn't up with play. Which is poor considering there were players about 6 yards from goal!
And thats my point he had to be inline with the defence and ghe wasnt, I cant blame Probert for the goal as he would never had been able to tell from looking front on.

Gutted as we deserved all 3 points and dominated them.

Also SJ thought we should have had a penalty, not seen anythig about that other than his comments

MJG

Exactly how i saw it from JH stand. It bounced up and the lino was still trying to get to the line. God knows where he was previously to the shot.

rweller86

Quote from: MJG on March 08, 2017, 09:21:22 AM
Exactly how i saw it from JH stand. It bounced up and the lino was still trying to get to the line. God knows where he was previously to the shot.
He was almost level with the 18 yards when I looked over but the play was around the area long enough for him to have been level. One of those things, just a shame it's happened in a game where 3 points would have been massive with those around us drawing too.
@rweller

HamsterWheel

Kebano can certainly hit a ball - should be taking our penalties from now on.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2017, 08:18:16 AM

A lot more than a foot over. Clearly 3-4 feet over. Never seen anything like it.

This freeze-frame proves nothing as the ball could still be in the air.  Sorry to be a sourpuss, but you should get out a tape measure and realise that 3-4 feet would put it at the back of the net.

It may well have been a foot over the line.

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2017, 08:18:16 AM

A lot more than a foot over. Clearly 3-4 feet over. Never seen anything like it.

You can clearly see the shadow of the ball just in front of the net which means it was well and truly over the goal line but spun back out.  It was a goal.

TheDutchCottager

It was a big, expensive mistake by the ref and his men. Shambles.

But could've changed the whole game of course.

Leeds are nothing special. Everyone going on like they're going to be back in the Prem anytime soon. I sure hope not. Their fans are scum.

MJG

toshes mate

I think you best had, MJG,  Thanks for that.

Delboy

If the lino was where he should have been, in line with the last man who was on the six yard box, then he must have had the best angle to see whether the goal should have stood. Unfortunately as stated by some on here he was struggling to get in position. Poor officiating in my opinion.