watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gary Monk

Started by Peabody, March 08, 2017, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Must live in some fantasy bubble, thought his team played brilliantly and were unlucky!!!

snarks

He clearly wasn't at craven cottage last night! (Although they did defend well)

nose

i think from his perspective he was right. they defended well, got a lucky lead, restricted our efforts and almost got away with it. they had no intention to do anything but sit back... his plan nearly worked, they were organised and disciplined.

i think that is what he meant

in terms of who was playing football, it was only us. but if were him that is what i would have done and to lose a late goal is always deflating.

Peabody

Quote from: nose on March 08, 2017, 08:51:21 AM
i think from his perspective he was right. they defended well, got a lucky lead, restricted our efforts and almost got away with it. they had no intention to do anything but sit back... his plan nearly worked, they were organised and disciplined.

in terms of who was playing football, it was only us. but if were him that is what i would have done and to lose a late goal is always deflating.

You mean, just like we did at Elland Road earlier in the season?

Woolly Mammoth

Monk should be sent to a Monastery. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

b+w geezer

Agree fully with the spirit of that, which is a fair representation of his words. (The original poster's wasn't, since Monk didn't say "briliantly" and he also said that both sides enjoyed both good and bad luck).

On a point of detail, though, "playing football" is a coin with two sides, of which skillful, disciplined defensive play is, so to speak, 'tails'. Hence pride, for example, in our point in Donetsk six years ago! At Championship level, both sides of the coin showed last night and both managers were right to express pride. The whole caboodle was a reminder of why we bother to attend.

General

Agree with this - I think he thinks they did excellently based on the fact that he knew we were a very good side and they were going to win the game up until the last kick and I have to agree. They stifled us and made it hard. We should've had two goals, but you never know what that disallowed goal would've done. For most teams coming up against us I think to get a point is realistic expectation - we're the kings of drawing in this division.

Thought Martin wasn't worth the entry fee in salary yesterday. His prescence was negligible... If I had been Slav I would've taken him off a lot earlier. Hardly noticed him.. Was more aware of Cyriac's contribution and he was on for 10-20 mins?

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2017, 11:49:54 AM
I've never liked Monk, don't rate him, thought he was out of order in the Wagner incident, etc, but IMO their tactics were spot on yesterday. They didn't really press us as high as some teams, which quickly tires out the teams that do it, but nor did they sit too deep like some teams do. The kept the same shape and as soon as got into their half, that's when they pressed. They also moved side to side very well which is what you need to do against us because we do the same to find openings. Don't get me wrong, we'd have beaten them were it not for their good luck and the ref, but we're probably the second best team in the league and that was a valiant attempt from an inferior team to stand up to us.

+1

ffc73

Quote from: toshes mate on March 08, 2017, 11:51:26 AM
I've never liked Monk, don't rate him, thought he was out of order in the Wagner incident, etc, but IMO their tactics were spot on yesterday. They didn't really press us as high as some teams, which quickly tires out the teams that do it, but nor did they sit too deep like some teams do. The kept the same shape and as soon as got into their half, that's when they pressed. They also moved side to side very well which is what you need to do against us because we do the same to find openings. Don't get me wrong, we'd have beaten them were it not for their good luck and the ref, but we're probably the second best team in the league and that was a valiant attempt from an inferior team to stand up to us.

+1

+2

gezkc

Quote from: FFC73 on March 08, 2017, 12:18:06 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 08, 2017, 11:51:26 AM

+1

+2

+3!

Twig

Spot on

Keynsham

bobbo

Quote from: Twig on March 08, 2017, 01:15:39 PM

Spot on
sit back is exactly what they did, others have said there was time wasting by them after half time, let me say it started as soon as they got hat lucky goal
1975 just leaving home full of hope

The Old Count

The G in Gary (Monk) is actually pronounced H.

bog

Woolly, does Monk make a habit of this?  :023: :022:

092.gif