watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where would Roberts & Dembele be now

Started by Wearethewhites, March 12, 2017, 11:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

If they were being handled the same way as Ryan Sessegnon?

Have to give it to Jokanovic, that he's using Ryan in just the right way this season.

Not enough to over-expose the lad, but just enough to help with his progression.

One Martin Thomas

Tricky one as both Roberts and Dembele have done rather well. At least with Roberts we got some proper cash out of it.   I always get the feeling with the big clubs that they are more interested in buying everything in sight than actually looking what they've got in their own lockers. I have no idea what Sess is gonna do. I fear a two pronged Scouse attack on both brothers. Wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool and Everton have agreed to share the efforts of all our work with the Sess  twins. Both move together.

We need to go up to stand a chance of keeping them and Tom too.

Lighthouse

Situations dictate when and if young players should be played or protected. Dembele was a talent but personally I think overrated as a youngster and when in the first team had plenty to learn. Roberts was and is very light weight. Sess is just head and shoulders better than both of them. Forget about his age. He seems to have the brain and intelligence of how and when to act. He is better going forward than defending. We may find that in future his best position is the one he played yesterday. Not at the back.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hopper

Dembele was pulling up trees though in the youth team, some of his goals were unbelievable.

Fair to say that Ryan is destined for bigger things, at this point - though very early days, see no reason why he couldn't play for someone like Barca and Real Madrid.

Very curious what will happen for Roberts, starting on bench at Celtic doesn't bode well - he's clearly a very late physical developer, so will be interesting to see how he is as a player closer to 23/4 when he's bulked up a bit.

grandad

Roberts & Hyndman will never reach the hights that Dembele & Sess will. Only Dembele might have fitted into our scheme of things.
Roberts & Hyndman would have spent any game time climbing out of the Thames playing against some of the thug sides in our division.
Where there's a will there's a wife

WolverineFFC

Quote from: hopper on March 12, 2017, 12:28:42 PM
Dembele was pulling up trees though in the youth team, some of his goals were unbelievable.

Fair to say that Ryan is destined for bigger things, at this point - though very early days, see no reason why he couldn't play for someone like Barca and Real Madrid.

Very curious what will happen for Roberts, starting on bench at Celtic doesn't bode well - he's clearly a very late physical developer, so will be interesting to see how he is as a player closer to 23/4 when he's bulked up a bit.

Agree w Roberts. He reminds me of Karim Frei in that he is a talented dribbler, player, but you question whether he will ever be a top level 90 minute player due to his size and questionable end product.

As for the OP's original question, I think more than anything else which occurred during the Magath/Symons tenure, the wasted opportunity to develop the LVC/Hyndman/Dembele/Roberts generation of talent into either more cash or players for the club is going to be what is looked back as the biggest failing of that time. Is absurd that none of those players are contributing to the club's current promotion push.

snarks

With Dembele, he played last season under Joka and Kit. I'd don't quite see how treating him differently could have made him stay. Roberts and Hyndman are prem players but not cut out for the physicality of the championship, relegation ruined their future with Fulham.

valdeingruo

I think the only Dembele and Hyndman had a chance in this years squad if we are talking hypotheticals. They however would be used in limited fashion such as the way Sess is being treated (mental how young he is). Dembele would come off the bench and would have filled in during the Martin situation and Hyndman would learn from our new Midfielders and would make occasional starts and sub appearances from the bench.

It is rather odd how all of our highly rated youth players from that group have all ended up in Scotland.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

hopper

Quote from: snarks on March 12, 2017, 03:07:37 PM
With Dembele, he played last season under Joka and Kit. I'd don't quite see how treating him differently could have made him stay. Roberts and Hyndman are prem players but not cut out for the physicality of the championship, relegation ruined their future with Fulham.

Don't think either could cut it in Prem, maybe in the future but not right now - hence why they are both in SPL

bobby01

I thought Hyndman played really well today.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Gary

I think Roberts would have been brilliant under Joka. Might have been a light weight but he might have tried playing him in a different position. Just infront of Tom behind Martin..That would have been deadly

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Statto on March 12, 2017, 11:45:23 AM
Let's not forget Sess is FOUR years younger than the Roberts, Dembele and Hyndman group. A better question might be, where will Sessegnon be in four years. Pretty safe to say it won't be the Scottish league unless something goes really t1ts up for him. Roberts can't even get off the bench. Shame really, all that promise.

Roberts is a Man City player on a fantastic contact, as for not getting off the bench while on loan at Celtic, he has 30 appearances this season and 9 goals. Dembele is pulling up trees, getting worldwide recognition & will be sold for big bucks very soon. Sess could well be bought by a massive club and instantly loaned out to an inferior league.
Tits up any of them ? No I dont think so. All fantastic academy players progressing exactly how they should be.

Elvis Hammond, a once rising star ended up at Woking before doing time at Wandsworth nick. Thats tits up.

Lighthouse

Buying Dembele would be a big gamble on his showing in a league that has one team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope