watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question about Blackburn and Wolves

Started by dannyboi-ffc, March 13, 2017, 09:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I think most of us treated the Newcastle game as a game we fancied ourselves to have a chance in but had we lost would have felt it was a bonus game and the 2 home games were must win. So a target of 6/7 points for the 3 games.

Since we beat Newcastle we are all expecting and hoping to now make it 9. But if we take 4 points we are still on track even though it will feel like a big blow.

So the question is, if we take 4 points against Blackburn and Wolves will anyone have the attitude that it's all over again?

I personally will be very disappointed but I think it would be important to dust it off and remember we are still in it.

COYW!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

RaySmith

I'm prepared for hiccups along the way, especially as a long suffering Fulham fan, but I will keep believing, as I have ,even when the top six looked to be becoming increasingly unlikely, while, as long a suffering Fulham fan, a small voice from deep in my  psyche nags  at me that it's  all going to end in glorious failure.

As a Fulham fan I can hold both great optimism, and a fear of that it will all go wrong, in my head at the same time!

But the Newcastle result, which I did think  we were well capable of achieving, though maybe  not in such a convincing manner, does give us a bit more leeway for a couple of less satisfactory results, in what will be tough games, that  will present different problems for Slav and the team.

EN1 FFC

It's all about how the players take the pressure when they are in the driving seat and other teams are still chasing. The same for the fans, how they react if a vital game is still 0-0 at 80 minutes, if they get anxious will the players get nervous about defending.

dhowells21

Good old catch 22.

If you step away from getting caught in the optimism, we could still easily finish seventh, or even eighth still. There's some hard games, and still a long way to go. But what we've done is given ourselves such a good opportunity now. From last week it being almost essentially to win both these games, now we can get away with a hiccup along the way.

westcliff white

For me I look at the next 3 games, blackburn, Rotherham and wolves and think we need 7 points from this minimum. If we get 7 or 9 I think we really cement ourselves in the playiff picture and will almost certainly be 6th of 5th with a 7 point minimum return.

Simply put a big 3 games, no one will fancy playing us between now and the end of the season, we have done the double over the big favourites and out played them. Teams will just defend against us we need to be patient, clever and clinicL to win. Use of the squad (including those player(s) we may not like) to maximise and utilise our abilities
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

No offence to Rotherham but they have just lost 6 in a row. It might even be more than that. They've lost to teams like Wolves. If we don't beat them I will be livid because the gap in class is massive. Again no offence or disrespect meant but on paper it's the easiest game in our run in. They seem to have given up.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

SG

I firmly expect one of Blackburn or Wolves to do a job on us. Whether that means we lose or draw one or both I don't know but there are no easy games in this league and these are hard teams to beat irrespective of whether we are on paper and on the pitch the better footballing team

WhiteJC

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 13, 2017, 10:09:36 AM
No offence to Rotherham but they have just lost 6 in a row. It might even be more than that. They've lost to teams like Wolves. If we don't beat them I will be livid because the gap in class is massive. Again no offence or disrespect meant but on paper it's the easiest game in our run in. They seem to have given up.

Fulham are now "the team to beat" if our opponents want to show how good they are, the rest of the season will be harder for us

anyone else have the same(ish) feelings as the Europa Cup run?

049:gif interesting times  049:gif

westcliff white

I agree but we cannot be complacent, our record against teams I. The bottom 7/8 (teMs in those positions when we gave p,shed them) isn't or wasn't that good earlier in the season.
Every day is a Fulham day

Bassey the warrior

Blackburn will be a big test as they will be very physical and pump lots of high balls into the box. If we can keep it together at the back I fancy our chances. As we have a lot of small players I think this is the toughest kind of team for us.

Holders

The team will know this is the opportunity, they've worked towards this position for months and we were "6-below" for ages, they'll be well aware that this is their chance.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Supermitch

Quote from: The Moose on March 13, 2017, 10:48:45 AM
Blackburn will be a big test as they will be very physical and pump lots of high balls into the box. If we can keep it together at the back I fancy our chances. As we have a lot of small players I think this is the toughest kind of team for us.

Both will be tough as the expectation level is so much higher now.  Blackburn have improved a lot since Mowbray joined and will as stated be physical.  Patience is the key.

Fulham 442

I agree but we cannot be complacent, our record against teams I. The bottom 7/8 (teMs in those positions when we gave p,shed them) isn't or wasn't that good earlier in the season.

Yes lets not forget that the year Derby got relegated with 11 points two of those were against us!  However my poor long suffering Rotherham mate, who is a STH, says they do indeed look like they have given up.  Dead men walking was the phrase he used.  This game has got to be a nailed on three points for us surely!!

toshes mate

I am still a believer in the one game at a time attitude especially relating to days when there is a full programme of Championship matches.  Tomorrow's game against Blackburn is our match in hand and so it is important to make the three points count.  However, Huddersfield are also playing and so any denial of maximum points to them also helps us - it applies pressure, however little.  We responded well to the Leeds game and punished Newcastle, and there have been times when we haven't done that this season and got into a depressed state.

Nothing is going to be settled tomorrow and so we should play Blackburn in the same way we would if it was the first game of our season, a clean slate and a confident, optimistic approach.  Once the game is over we can analyse where we are and decide how we each feel as we always do.  It's hearts in mouths time, and that isn't going to end until the season is done and dusted.

bill taylors apprentice

Its business as usual, one game at a time!

millsy

To me the most important thing is that our destiny is now, at last, in our own hands. That means if we win our final 10 games, we're at least in the play-offs.

Obviously that won't happen but it's also important to bear in mind that, if we can get the 3 pts tomorrow, then we just have to match or better Sheffield's run-in, with the fall back position that one of the others may slip into a bad run and fall away.

I'm still in the camp that says making the top 6 finish is the hardest challenge. I fancy us against anyone in the play-offs.

rubbernecca

It may be better to stumble now and go into the playoffs with momentum.  I don't think a loss this week will affect the player's attitude. They have been dominating matches regardless of the score.

bobbo

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 13, 2017, 10:40:02 AM

Fulham are now "the team to beat" if our opponents want to show how good they are, the rest of the season will be harder for us

anyone else have the same(ish) feelings as the Europa Cup run?

049:gif interesting times  049:gif
yes me full on
1975 just leaving home full of hope

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Statto on March 13, 2017, 02:07:13 PM
I think the issue is also if you look at our last 7 after Rotherham, there are 4 or 5 fixtures there for which, ordinarily, I'd settle for a point. Can't see us getting more than 10-12pts from those 7 games, which may well be a few less than those around us. So IMO we do need to get a head of steam up now, whilst we can.

I do agree. If we include Derby and say the next 4 I want 10 points. That gives us 70 with 6 to play. In any other season that would mean we are laughing. But even in this high scoring season I think it puts us in the driving seat.

I just hope if we do take 4 points this week that the board doesn't go the other way and gets all depressive again. We play a key part in this run in and the players/manager deserve for us to keep behind them.

The turn around has been massive and I think even the biggest Kit Symons  fan must see we've got the right man now. The way he has handled the Martin saga has been incredible. No other manager in this league would have coped, McClaren couldn't even cope and it was all his doing! If you gave me a choice of Joka or Rafa Benetiz I'd pick Joka. We have a great thing going on and we play our part tomorrow in pushing the boys into the top 6.

Get there and we go up!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

It has to be one game at a time, that's the only way to look at it, forecasting is pointless, as most results never go according to plan or form. Otherwise there would be no reason to play, just have a panel to sit and judge, and what a farce that would be. As nobody can forecast correctly, otherwise they can come and do my Pools Coupon for me, and if they are successful I may buy them a drink.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.