watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Promotion or bust

Started by Andy S, March 14, 2017, 02:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I think that if we do not get promoted this season we could well lose the nucleous of the team. So let's keep pushing and take it by the horns

Sgt Fulham

The only way we keep Cairney is if we get promoted. It's the sad but inevitable truth. So let's get promoted.

simplyfulham

This is the same fear I've had for a little while too. Worried that by getting so close that if we do end up missing out, we've just put our best players in full view of the transfer window!

Holders

They'd have been in the window anyway.

I think we should get into the play-offs now but we know from past experience that guarantees zilch.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham Tup North

On a positive note, SJ has signed an extension, the players seem to love playing for him and enjoy his style of football.
If they think next season will be 'our' year, they may well stay?
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Holders

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 14, 2017, 07:50:04 AM
On a positive note, SJ has signed an extension, the players seem to love playing for him and enjoy his style of football.
If they think next season will be 'our' year, they may well stay?
COYW

I don't see why not, there's plenty who could tell them that the grass isn't always greener.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

I'm sure Brighton & Wednesday fans felt the same last year. We will lose players and we will bring some in, that's the way it works and has done seemingly forever.
We sold the biggest name last year and we stepped things up this, and remember all the doom and gloom when that was mentioned and then it happened?
The core of the team are on very long contracts, but if we get big offers from clubs we will have to consider them for many reasons.

b+w geezer

Good points just made.

I'd add only that, even if we do stay down, we will still be a more attractive proposition to good players than we were last summer.

nose

que sera sera
let us finish this season and then worry about next
for me, blackburn is what is in front of us now, to sort of quote Joca.
next season will take care of itself.

filham

Yes it will be so difficult to hold on to Cairney and Sessegnon in the summer if we remain a Championship club.
We have a golden opportunity for a Premiership place right now. Important that we avoid any slip ups in the last ten matches which means that tonight's game, probably the easiest of the last ten, is a must win game.

AlexW132

Nope, disagree.
If we don't go up via playoffs this season, it'll be auto next year.

EastEndWhite

If you haven't done so yet, t is worth listening to the recent interview Tony Khan gave to Cottage Talk.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cottagetalk/2017/03/04/cottage-talk-exclusive-interview-with-tony-khan

I think that if we don't get promoted this season the club will be doing all it can to hold onto our best players and to strengthen the squad for next  season for a push for automatic promotion.

TC's Sporran

I agree in part
should it not happen this season surely the lure of the championship title next is enough of a draw to keep them here?

but we all know these days its all about money and  if some prem club comes sniffing for any player offering hugely inflated wages the chances are they will be gone

but this team spirit and the fantastic football being played might just be a more attractive proposition than sat on the bench with the odd game now and then

F(f)CUK

Last season we were in a worse situation and we ended up losing the likes of Bodurov, Burn, Richards etc . - but we have survived

Twig

Quote from: F(f)CUK on March 14, 2017, 05:13:55 PM
Last season we were in a worse situation and we ended up losing the likes of Bodurov, Burn, Richards etc . - but we have survived

I could argue that losing those three automatically helped our chances!