watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, March 14, 2017, 11:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Now we know how Leeds felt last week but in all honestly, we didn't deserve to win after that second half performance, don't know whether we ran out of steam or what. Even TC went to pieces, even TC couldn't put a pass together. In fact, I think Rovers deserved to win it.

Nick Bateman

Peabody, it's called the call up "curse"!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

davew

Thanks Peabody, respect to somebody who was at the match who was better judged to comment rather than the rest of us who listened to GJ. We agree though, the 2nd half started and the writing was on the wall, a little bit inexplicable though! You sound as disappointed as I am, let's hope we are back on the road against Wolves!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

St Eve

Thanks Peabody. My favorite posts are your "just got back posts"

SP

We ran out of steam tonight.  We created so few chances our conversion rate must've been about 50%.

hopper

Could have lost tonight, but it was still a horrible, gut wrenching moment seeing that last minute goal go in and hopefully won't be season defining. Would have been a real get out of jail with quality day today.

Finish by Cyriac was superb and out of nowhere, great to see - we all obviously thought we had done it again.

Didn't deserve it today. The last half an hour the players were panicking and we were dominated by Blackburn. The body language of players was poor, most notably Cairney who looked knackered and was raising his arms a lot in frustration.

We really did miss Parker today, it was one of those games where we needed a leader out there for the last 20 to come on and rally the troops as they're flagging.

Let's see what Saturday brings, we all know there's no easy games in this league - and today proved it. Was mightily impressed by Blackburn, they played some excellent stuff today and outplayed us.

davew

Quote from: hopper on March 14, 2017, 11:22:54 PM
Could have lost tonight, but it was still a horrible, gut wrenching moment seeing that last minute goal go in and hopefully won't be season defining. Would have been a real get out of jail with quality day today.

Finish by Cyriac was superb and out of nowhere, great to see - we all obviously thought we had done it again.

Didn't deserve it today. The last half an hour the players were panicking and we were dominated by Blackburn. The body language of players was poor, most notably Cairney who looked knackered and was raising his arms a lot in frustration.

We really did miss Parker today, it was one of those games where we needed a leader out there for the last 20 to come on and rally the troops as they're flagging.

Let's see what Saturday brings, we all know there's no easy games in this league - and today proved it. Was mightily impressed by Blackburn, they played some excellent stuff today and outplayed us.
Good to read an unbiased opinion from a Fulham supporter! Saturday is 5 days away, time to recover!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobbo

We lost our shape , we made unforced mistakes, all in the second half and without actually blaming him the ref was appalling in the second half whilst was good in the first half. They got right in our faces right through the last 45 mins and thoroughly deserved their draw.pressure on to win Saturday now. Keep the faith .COYW
1975 just leaving home full of hope

FFCSteve

Defensively we didn't close them down towards the end.
Second half our game went to pieces, they pressed well and looked the better side.
I don't like slating a player, but Martin was terrible! For such a stocky physique he is too easily shoved off the ball!
They deserved at least the draw!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

dannyboi-ffc

Fair play to Blackburn. Considering they are in a relegation battle it would have been easy to park the bus. But instead they were organised but with 2 up top and in the 2nd half they went for it.

I think we bottled it, mentally the thought of being so close took its toll and the players stopped playing their natural game. I still have no clue how anyone can say Ream is better than Madl in anyway shape or form. He's a liability that costs us points.

Cyriac's finish was superb. Hopefully he starts Saturday and this is the making of him. Have to disagree that we deserved to lose. I thought a draw was fair.

We are starting to struggle for options. The midfield trio have played together for every single game since Villa away in October when Cairney was on the bench. Tonight they looked very leggy towards the end, I worry that the lack of rotation will cause us to burn out in midfield. The signs were there tonight but hopefully it's just a bad day at the office which can happen.

We needed Parkers energy and leadership towards the end.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

hopper

Quote from: davew on March 14, 2017, 11:26:00 PM
Quote from: hopper on March 14, 2017, 11:22:54 PM

Good to read an unbiased opinion from a Fulham supporter! Saturday is 5 days away, time to recover!!

Yep - huge game. Will be tough, Wolves have some tough players like Helder Costa and Weimann - and it's not unforseeable that they could do our vulnerable defence.

Fatigue was evident, but also I think the heaviness of it in being in our hands may have got to the players so struggled to play free. Let's hope Joka can drum that fear out of them and we go all guns blazing.

Think the lack of Ayite and Piazon in the squad showed today as we could have won this with a bit of rotation.

bog

Thanks Peabody. Always look for your comments I do.

092.gif

hovewhite

2nd half blackburn were superb and fair play they got a draw which they got in a game they should of won.

Whitesideup

Quote from: hovewhite on March 15, 2017, 07:29:52 AM
2nd half blackburn were superb and fair play they got a draw which they got in a game they should of won.
I don't agree that Blackburn deserved the win. The game is based on 90 minutes. Whilst we created opportunities, but not shots on target, we were all over them the first half. And second half, the most ridiculous decision, to pull back play for a foul in our favour, when Martin was one-on one with the keeper possibly cost us a 2-0 lead, which may well have knocked the stuffing out of their spirited second half display.

But 2nd half, we looked knackered. Both Cearney and Johansen made untypical mistakes, McDonald was quiet, and Fredericks looked as though he needed an oxygen tent at times.